Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Twenty-Six.

For a split second, I thought about running back. Just forgetting everything I told myself and leaving and forgetting Patrick. But of course, I kept going. I took a deep breath, put a smile on my face, and went towards Jason. I walked closer and stood next to Patrick.
“Here's your water.” I said trying to cover up the fact that I was shaking. Patrick turned and looked at me. He still looked terrible. He shaved but looked awful.
“Hi Patrick.” I said smiling.
“Hey Blaine.” He said quietly.
“Thanks Blaine.” Jason said. I nodded my head and took a sip from my drink. I looked at Patrick and realized what a mistake this all was. I sighed and left the two and walked towards one of the small fires and sat at a swing. Why was I even here? I loved Patrick and I wanted him to be happy and he wasn't with me. I started pushing my legs back and forth to move the swing. There were a few people that had left from where I was sitting. I felt like falling asleep here, but in all honesty, I felt like I should just go home. I should never have come in the first place. It was a few minutes later before I heard someone come up behind me. I expected it would be Jason, coming over to see how I am. I looked up and saw Patrick sitting down next to me.
“I didn't think you would be here tonight.” Patrick said quietly.
“Me neither.” I said.
“You look good.” Patrick said looking at me.
“Thanks.” I said.
“How have you been?” I asked Patrick.
“Not too good.” He said looking at the fire.
“What's wrong?” I asked him.
“I'm just stressed out with the team.” He said sighing.
“It'll all work out. You're a smart guy, you always figure things out.” I said.
“Can I be honest?” Patrick asked me.
“Yes.” I said.
“It's really hard not having you around.” He said looking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?