Status: Two Shot (Completed)

A Patience Of Eternity

Death

Blake awoke in a place that wasn't familiar. An empty place, a foreign scene in front of her eyes. Her first thought was that it worked, and she was, in fact, dead. But then she blinked. And when she opened her eyes, she was in the sky. Now she knew she was dead, and it made her smile, she was on her way to Jack.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around so fast her head swam. She didn't care because when she looked up, she saw him.

He was beautiful. He wasn't hurt. He was just as she'd seen him last, not a scratch on him. She let out a gasp and clung to him instantly. He held her tightly in his arms as she cried years of joy.

"Jack..." she cried happily.

He smiled sadly and nodded his head, Blake clung to him still, running her hands down his back, making sure he was really there in her arms.

He had to pull he away from her so he could look at her, he held her face in face hands and he rubbed her cheeks with his thumbs. He couldn't believe she was there. He didn't want to believe it.

"I'm dead... I did it." she whispered, smiling happily and nodding.

Jacks eyes filled with tears as he frowned and shook his head no.

She didn't believe him, "But... Yes I am! I'm here with you! In heaven, you're here with me Jack!" she cried desperately, squeezing him in her arms again.

He held her delicately, his heart was breaking, he hated seeing her like this, he couldn't bear it.

"You're not dead baby, you're alive... You're okay..." He murmured into her ear.

She shook violently in his arms, he held onto her tightly, nodding his head.

"Baby, your sister found you, minutes after you fell out of it, she saved your life. She called 911, they pumped your stomach. You're okay now... You're fine." He whispered. His voice breaking only a little bit.

Blake sobbed in his arms, "Why? I want to be dead... I want to be with you, please Jack, please..." she sobbed into him.

He felt the tears stinging his eyes by he refused to cry. He had already accepted his fate, he needed Blake to do the same.

"Blake, I love you so much, I really do baby... And I know it hurts right now, but it'll get better, it will, I promise honey, you have to be strong for me okay? You have to do this... You have to..." He said in almost a whisper, any louder and he would've broken down. This was hurting him just as bad as it was killing Blake, but he refused to show it. He had to be strong, he wouldn't let Blake do this to herself.

"Why would you do that Jack? Why did you push me? N-now you're gone and I-I'm stuck here! I'm alone! You promised me! A long time ago, Jack you said you'd never leave me! You swore, I can't do this Jack... please... please let me die... Please!" She screamed, pounding his chest with her fists.

He didn't want to cry, he couldn't cry. But he was breaking inside. He was dead. He knew he was dead. He was in heaven. He was in the sky. He wasn't 'happy' per say, but he was at peace. He knew this was what was meant to happen. There was no way he wanted Blake to be dead with him too, and there was no way he would let her die, let her throw her life away for him. He wouldn't let it happen. She was meant to be something, to do something, she wasn't meant to die today. Not anytime soon.
Jack loved her more than life itself. He always, always, would. He wished he could explain all of this to her, but he knew he didn't have much time. She would be coming out of this soon, waking up soon. This would be the last time he would see her. Until she was up there with him.

"Blake, please, stop crying. Stop, I had to do it baby. You weren't meant to die, you were meant to live, understand? I love you, so much. I couldn't let you get hurt, I wouldn't. I want you to know that it didn't hurt me okay? I didn't feel a thing... and, get this, I was floating. When it happened? I just floated up into the air, and then I was gone. I was happy, I was flying. I had you right there with me, in my heart, you were there. You are still, right here," He said, pointing to his chest, Blake just shook her head as the tears and sobs continued, "I know it's hard right now, it's hard for me too..."

He needed to keep talking, but that's when it hit him again, like a ton of bricks, he would have to go on, forever and ever practically, without her. He wouldn't be able to kiss her, or hold her, and see her in front of him for a very, very long time. He didn't have a choice either, that's how it had to be. How would he be able to do it? He wondered. He felt himself start to cry, and cursed himself for doing so, but he held Blake close to him again, so she wouldn't see him, and because he needed to hold her as much as he could right now.

"Just... Baby, just know that I love you so much... And I can honestly say that no matter what, I don't regret a thing," He whispered into his ear as tears fell slowly down his cheeks.

Blake let out a chocked sob and clung to him, holding him as tight as she could, "How can you say that?" she whimpered as he held her and rubbed her back, letting her cry.

"It's true baby, don't worry any more, I'm okay." He replied softly, kissing her cheek.

He wasn't okay, but he would try his hardest to be okay soon. He would remember the times they had together. The things they did. The words she said. The talks they had. The fights, the laughs, the silly moments, the hard times. He would remember it all. Cherish it all. He had to make it all last him a lifetime. Last until he could see her again, hold her again, love her again.

"I... Jack, what if I can't do it... Jack it hurts so much," she said pleading, praying he would understand. Praying he would just let her stay with him.

"I know it hurts, I know, but you can do it okay? I know you can, I promise you, you can... just be happy, for me, please. Just live your life and... and remember okay? Remember it all... Remember me... because I know I won't ever forget you... Or us... I love you." He said, his voice breaking now, he let himself sob. He couldn't keep it anymore.

"I couldn't forget... and when... when I see you again Jack, promise me that you'll still love me? Please? Promise..." She sobbed.

He nodded and kissed her head, "I promise baby, I could never stop loving you... Now, you have to go now okay? And you have to smile, and be happy, and be strong.. I believe in you Blake, I know you can do it... I love you so much... So just remember that okay? That I love you, and I'm okay.... and I'll be seeing you soon..." He stopped to let out a small sob, "And it will be better than anything else."

She nodded, she wanted to understand. She really truly did. She saw it was hurting him too, she decided she would do this for him, she had to do this. She wanted to be with him now, but if she couldn't... she would at least try to be okay for him.

"It's time to go now, Blake, okay?" He said with a shaky voice, still trying to stop crying, but knowing that this was it, just made him want to cry more.

She shook her head no and continued to hold him.

"Yes Blake, come one baby, just wake up, it will be fine.. I love you, I'll wait for you okay? I can wait forever," He said as she pulled away from him, staring at his bloodshot eyes, puffy and red from crying.
She sobbed once more, and kissed him on the lips, softly, gently, wanting to make it last forever. She knew she would have to make it last forever. When they pulled away, she put her hand in front of her mouth and breathed deeply before speaking again, "I love you so much... I always will... I won't forget..."

He smiled at her sadly, she smiled back. She had to, she had to smile for him. This was the last time. This was it.

"This isn't goodbye," He began, speaking softly, above a whisper, but nothing more.

She nodded, "It's see you later," she smiled.

He wrapped her into his arms once more, she felt his heart beat once more, she breathed him in, once more.

Then he whispered, "Wake up."

And it was over.

She opened her eyes, the bright white of the hospital room burning her eyes. She blinked a few times, and she saw her mom and sister sitting by her hospital bed. Her moms eyes were red and blotchy, so were her sisters. She smiled to herself, she had to smile. She saw Jack. Jack was gone. But she saw him one last time.

Her mom cried and hugged her, "Oh god Blake, I love you so much, you scared us so bad," she said in a relieved tone.

She felt her sister grab her hand, she squeezed it back.

"I love you guys" She said softly.

She loved them, and she loved Jack too.

She had another chance at living, but Jack didn't. She had another chance to make Jack proud of her, she would do the best she could.

When she thinks about him now, she knows he's smiling down at her. She knows he's okay.
Jack was an amazing person. The kind of person you can never forget. She won't ever forget him, or the love they shared. She knows she will see him again, she knows she will love him always.
He came into her life. He was there for a moment. And then he was gone. She loved him with all of her heart, even after he was gone.

He watches over her now, smiles down at her, remembers it all. He knows she is doing her best. He knows she still misses him more than anything. He knows he will see her again, and that is the thought that runs through his mind when he's flying.

He has her in his heart. And she will never fade away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment you guys. It means so much to me, tell me how it made you feel? I don't know where this came from, but I love it. Most likely, this is my most emotional one shot I've ever written... It would mean alot if you could please comment? Thanks so much.