Shattered Youths Soar High

My Little Sister is Better- Cas

Another new day shined through the window, I absolutely despised every minute of it. Not that I hated sunshine, I just hated happiness. Cryptic, I know. The emotion just didn't appeal to me as much as the others. Happiness made people smile like idiots around me, kind of creepy.

The outside world idiots surrounded the world, which was I loved this hell hole so very much. Sometimes after therapy I smiled like an idiot, spilling all the terrible things in my life, and the doctor looking at me like I grew the devil's horns. It amused me so much.

"Medication," the nurse said in a monotone voice, knocking on the door. I woke up hours before the nurse came, I always did. Maybe the horrifying nightmares scared the tired out of me, or maybe I just enjoyed staring at a ceiling than dreams.

"Doors open," I screamed. She opened the door, holding my bottle of 'happy pills' to make me seem normal. When she handed it to me, she rushed out of the room. I always loved the nurses that served me medicine, they heard stories about me.

My hand clutched the plastic container, throwing it underneath my bed. I hated taking pills, just too much of a hassle. If I got better then I'd be forced to leave this place. The pillow on my bed caught my head when it fell back. My sheets snuggled my body, making me feel loved once again. I loved this room so much.

"Morning Cas," Lydia greeted me with a smile. I smiled back at her, settling down at the regular seat. On my tray sat pancakes and syrup drowning the soft fluffy goodness. My orange juice swam with pulp, I absolutely adored it. Our table, small to the last person, but with so much creativity.

"I hear there's a new guy here," Lex started off his gossip. "Get some action for you Cassandra."

"I told you not to call me that," I pounded my fist against the table. It silenced everyone for a while, it always did. Anger gently boiled in my veins, yet not enough to get my veins popping from my body.

The boy that Lex talked about didn't spark any interest in mine. For all I knew he could be ugly, that would not be good. We already had Lex, we didn't need another unattractive boy in the hospital. Lex, too skinny for his body, I personally never saw him ate anything in my entire life. Nurses told the rest of the table to make him eat, we never did though.

"Here he comes," Lex whispered. When he entered the room, his eyes contained confusion and being scared. Bright platinum blonde hair covered half of his blue confused eyes. His body covered in a hoodie that looked way too big on him. "He's so hot." I admit, his looks attracted me instantly.

"I wouldn't mind being trapped in a hospital with him," Hailey giggled. To be honest, I wouldn't mind that so much either. I crossed my fingers and hoped that he liked girls, at least just a little bit.

"He is very cute," I shoved a piece of pancake down my throat. Lydia nodded her head in agreement, as Lex didn't keep his eyes off of the new kid.

"Wouldn't it be great if it turned out he's gay?" Lex chirped. All three of us girls turned our heads towards Lex, now giving him the attention.

"That would be awful," Hailey whined. Lex crossed his arms and pouted at all of us. I rolled my eyes at the silly gay boy that wanted the new guy in his pants.

"Hey you! Come over here," Lex screamed from the other side of the room. I smacked his arm, that stupid ignorant boy. The new kid turned his head towards all of us, making his way catiously and slowly. His eyes showed being terrified of all of us.

"Hello," he stood over all of us, he seemed taller up close. Lex patted the seat right next him to signal for the kid to sit down. He stood up still though. His eyes wandered from Lex to Haily to me, and then stopped at Lydia. To be honest, I wasn't much surprised.

Lydia's long flowy chocolate brown hair captured every boy, except Lex of course. Her bright baby blue eyes stole the heart of the poor boys that passed by. Some loved how innocent and pure she was. I intended for that to stay that way until she could take care of herself. Lydia, youngest of all of us, felt like a little sister to me. I needed to protect her, incase of the new kid tries something. He so better not.

Sometimes when I stayed in my room alone I felt a bit sadden by how beautiful she turned out to be. My hair had been chopped off from the fire I created before I got to this place. I left myself with a buzz cut, I dyed it purple. Surprisingly I never been mistaken for a boy, though I do sort of look like one.

We all stayed quiet as the boy took up the space. "I'm Lex," Lex patted his seat once again. This time the boy actually sat down. I examened that puzzled look on his face when he looked at all of us once again.

"I'm Hailey," she tried her best to fake an English accent, she thought it made her sound sexy.

"I'm Cas, and this is Lydia," I introduced us both, knowing Lydia wouldn't speak up. She sat there with her apple juice, resting her hands on her lap. She wore a pretty sundress, made her look more like a little church girl.

"I'm Peter," he practically whispered. Peter, I liked that name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, short chapter I know d: