The Letter

Chapter 2-Mistake

Christine came in early to the school building that day, the hallways were eerily silent. Technically, she wasn't supposed to be roaming them at all. She was supposed to be in the cafeteria or library. She moved steathily through the building, carefully trying to avoid security guards. Her mission required full attention. She just wanted to get it over with... writing the poem had taken her forever.

"Locker 341," she mumbled to herself, stuffing the letter through the slot in the top of the slightly-taller-than her locker. She smiled, satisfied with a job well done.
"HEY." A nearby security guard grunted. She shreiked, running down the hallway back to the cafeteria. The man shrugged, fixing his county-issued blue jacket.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Christine sat silently in the back of classroom, waiting patiently for him to arrive. Randy... the boy she had elegantly crafted her letter for. At last, the boy and his best friend/cousin, Jacob walked in. Her back stiffened. Jacob held the letter in his hand. He had... shown it to someone else?! How cruel! She listened closely to the boys converse with the teacher. She watched flabbergasted as the teacher opened the torn up envelope.

"Is this perfume scented?" The teacher asked, wrinkling her nose.
"Strawberry Champagne, I believe," said Jacob proudly. The teacher groaned in disgust, finally reading the letter. Christine sat on pins and needles. The teacher opened her mouth.
Suddenly, the girl jumped up, spewing the words out before she could even condsider their implications. "I KNOW WHO WROTE IT!"

The boys turned to her, not sensing her prescense unti lthe outburst. The students busy doing warm-ups or talking amongst themselves stopped to stare. She gulped, pausing to take a deep breath.