Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Falling For My Best Friend's Sister

Falling For My Best Friend's Sister 17 - Edited.

Sam's POV:

I think I might actually have a shot with Lucky now; she was single and I guess she could still be a little upset, but seeing her with someone else was always upsetting me. I guess I haven’t exactly figured out my feelings for her as of yet. I mean, I liked her, but she was younger than me – by a year, which I guess isn’t too much – and she was Danny’s little sister!

And even though Danny and I were best friends, I didn’t know the first thing about Lucky. I didn’t know what her favorite color was, what she liked to do, or where she’s even from! We didn’t talk as much, since I only occasionally came over like when I needed something or just after school for a few minutes and that certainly wasn’t enough time to get to know someone and especially if they were a girl.

But, one day, I was over for a bit longer and that was actually what got our friendship started. I was over at Danny’s house and was taking a bath at his, due to the fact that Danny had accidentally dropped some orange soda on me making a huge stain all over my clothes and getting me all sticky. I needed a shower immediately and we both knew that. So, Danny suggested me to take one at his place instead of mine, because I knew for a fact that mom would be pretty pissed if she saw the new shirt she had just bought for me yesterday and that too at such a high price ruined just like that.

Danny left me alone in the house to go get something from the garage, probably to go put my shirt in the laundry machine. I normally didn’t take bubble baths, because those were for little kids or horny couples, but apparently the shower head was broken and the ceiling started leaking immediately if anyone were to turn on the shower, so I was forced to take a bath instead.

I had just picked up the soap to start scrubbing my chest where most of the soda had landed up on, when it slipped from my grip and dropped a few inches away from the tub. I tried to reach over and grab it without getting up from the tub, but it was too far away. I realized that the only way to get it was to get up, but just as I was about to do that, I heard the door jingling.

I looked up and eyed it suspiciously. I figured it could’ve been Danny, but he knew I was still in here, so why would be bother coming inside without knocking?

The door opened and in came Lucky. Her eyes were closed as she had her arms raised and her hands were gripping at her hair as she tried to pull it back with a scrunchie that was on her wrist. She hadn’t noticed me in the bathtub or the soap that was still lying on the ground and let’s just say that it ended too well – for either of us!

Basically, Lucky ended up slipping on the bar of soap and falling into the foam filled tub.

“Lucky, oh my gosh, are you ok?!” I asked her frantically.

Lucky turned her head towards me, spitting out water and soap from her mouth. I noticed her whole face was covered in bubbles and foam that I could hardly see it.

“Do I look ok to you?!” she spat at me.

“No,” I answered sheepishly. “Not really.”

”What are you even doing here, dude?!”

“You know, takin’ a bath,” I replied nonchalantly. “What does it look like to you?”

Lucky bared her teeth at me, looking like she was ready to kill me.

“Well, didn’t you ever think of locking the door?!” she yelled at me.

“Well, didn’t you ever think of knocking?!” I retorted back at her.

“Whose house is this exactly?”

I guess screaming in a girl’s face wasn’t exactly the best way to get to know her better or to even get her to like you, so I figured I’d just stop. There was obviously no way that I could win against Lucky, so I just slumped my shoulders and answered her.

”Yours.” I said simply.

“So?!” but I just hated the fact that she wouldn’t stop yelling at me.

Like, hello, I was Sam! I was the most popular guy at school and here I was getting yelled at by a lowerclassman! That so did not happen with guys like me!

“Well, I’m sorry!” I knew I was getting worked up again, but I tried my best not to let my ego get the best of me. “I’m done anyway!”

”You better be, because guess what, even if you’re not done, you’re still done!”

Man, was I glad that Danny wasn’t home or what? I’d probably die if he were to be the one that seen all of this happening like this. I didn’t want him getting the wrong idea of me. I wasn’t the type of guy that, I don’t know befriended guys for their sisters. No, I was much nicer and better than that.

Lucky started to get back up then, but quickly sat back down.

“You go first.” She told me quietly.

“Why? What’s the matter?” I asked her, concern immediately washing over me.

“I don’t know, but my leg is killing me!” she said.

“Is it broken?”

”I’m not sure, but it kind of feels like it.”

I felt guilt swarming into my stomach.

“Alright, I’ll help you,” I was about to get up, but then I remembered something. “But, just close your eyes first.”

“Huh?” Lucky stared at me with confusion in her eyes. “Why?”

”Just…trust me.”

Lucky shrugged and did as I said. While her eyes were shut, I stood up, grabbing the sink next to me as support so I didn’t end up with the same fate as Lucky and stepped out of the bathtub. I knew that the first thing that I should’ve done was pick up the bar of soap and replace it back where it was, but I knew that I’d better get a towel wrapped around me first before Lucky decided she was through with waiting and opened up her eyes.

I found the towel on a small hanger and wrapped it around the lower half of my body. I made sure that it was secure before bending down to move the soap and telling Lucky that she could uncover her eyes.

I walked towards the bathtub and held out both of my hands for Lucky to hold on to. She grabbed them and strained to stand up straight. I noticed that as she tried, there were small tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Careful.” I warned her.

My eyes drifted down so I wouldn’t have to watch her in this state, but then they accidentally landed on her body. Her shirt was white, wet, and completely see through. I tried to force my eyes away, but for some reason they seemed to be clued there.

“What?” Lucky asked me then, her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

“It’s nothing.” I lied to her, shaking my head.

“Well, then quit staring at me like that,” Lucky winced then and squeezed her eyes shut in pain. “Ok, let go of me! Let go of me now!”

I immediately released her hands, but then thought better of it and grabbed onto her wrists once again and lowered her back onto the tub as gently as possible.

“What happened?” I asked her.

“Please never do that again!” she sobbed.

“Sorry,” I apologized. “I’m sorry.”

”It’s not your fault,” she told me morosely. “This is never gonna work anyway.”

”Yes, it is! And I am not going to stop trying till you get out of that tub!” I sounded a whole lot more confident than I was actually feeling right now.

I couldn’t just let Lucky sit there in that tub all day and let her catch a cold or something, I knew I had to do something!

“But, how?!” Lucky asked, looking both surprised and curious.

I had a idea, but I wasn’t too sure how Lucky would feel about it. I didn’t want her to feel awkward about it or anything. I mean, it was bad enough that we were stuck in this whole situation like this.

“I might have an idea.” I muttered quietly.

”What is it?” Lucky looked up at me hopefully.

“But, I’m not too sure about it.”

“What do you mean?”

I shrugged and let her in on what I could do to get her out, but I made sure to do it in the quietest voice that I could possibly. I didn’t want my voice sounding all loud and confident and cocky when I proposed it to her in case she got the wrong idea and refused to listen to me.

“So, what do you think?” I asked her, raising a single eyebrow at her.

”Well, it’s better than sitting in here all day and since I have nothing, then it’s fine,” She answered, surprising me. I nodded and went with the idea. I placed my hands inside the water and scooped her up in my arms. I held her there for a few minutes just staring at the top of her head and not nearly having enough courage to look down into her eyes, scared of what she might do. “So, uh, are you planning on moving or just standing there all day?”

It wasn’t that I didn’t want to move, but it was just the moment we were having that didn’t allow my feet to move. Both of us were dripping wet and so insanely close together that I bet we could practically hear each other’s heartbeats. I could still see a few trails of dry tears on Lucky’s cheeks and there was a trail of red across her two cheeks and over her nose.

Could it be that she’s just as nervous about this as I was?’ I thought to myself.

There were so many things that could happen right now to ruin all of this. Like for instance, I could end up slipping on the water on the floor and end up falling into the tub with the both of us. Or, what if my towel ended up coming off or something? What then?!

But, I couldn’t just stand there for the whole time either, so I urged myself to listen to Lucky and just get out of the bathroom at least.

I brought her into her bedroom and sat her down as gently as I could onto her bed, not allowing her leg to be in anymore pain than she needed. I noticed Lucky staring down at her foot in pain and I went to go and sit next to her on the bed. She looked up at me with tears forming in her eyes.

I placed my fingers gently on her foot and began to slowly massage it. I tried to be extremely careful, but it just wasn’t good enough. There were many times when Lucky would wince every now and then and after a while, I just stopped.

“Well, it’s definitely broken,” I concluded. “But, I could be wrong.”

Lucky didn’t say anything and just hiccuped a little. I looked at her morosely. Her eyes were on me as I reached my hand up and brushed her hair away that was stuck to the side of her face due to the water from the bath and the tears from the pain.

She looked like she wanted to say something, but instead she just looked down at the hand that was still on her face and then back up at me. I got what she wanted, even though it may have not been right and dropped my hand.

”I’ll, uh, go get Danny and maybe call the doctor.”

She nodded her head this time and I did too, before heading out the door.

When the doctor came over and examined her leg, it was declared broken just like I had predicted. Her leg was put in a big, white cast and she was told to stay in bed for a few weeks.

I felt guilt; this was my entire fault. Lucky kept on getting hurt because me. It’s almost as if I were bad luck for her or something.

But, this also gave me an excuse to come see her more often. Since this was my fault, I felt that I should be the one that gets to take care of her and all her needs.

I ended up apologizing to her at least ten times a day, but she never wanted to hear it.

“Hey, don’t worry about it at all, Sam,” she would assure me. “I’ll be fine.”

“But, seriously, I wanna make it up to you.” I finally told her straight one day.

“How are you gonna do that?” she wanted to know.

“I…I could take of you till your foot gets better,” I came up with. “Yeah, I could get things for you; help you down the stairs, and anything else.”

“You don’t have to do that, Sam, seriously, I have Danny.”

“I’ll help along, Danny!” I insisted. “When he’s busy or on his break, I’ll take over.”

“Oh, believe me; it’s really not that easy.” Danny added, as he walked into Lucky’s bedroom and took a seat next to me on the bed.

“What do you mean?” I looked between the two and tried to figure out what the big secret was.

After a couple of days, I found out exactly what he meant along with a few other secrets as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sam & Lucky:
http://s581.photobucket.com/user/renasakura/media/anime%20couple%20kissing%20or%20hug/22.jpg.html