Status: Ended. Go check out the rewritten, original fiction version. Link is in the summary!

What Do You Want From Me?

A Place to Call My Own

“We should definitely get her to smoke with us some time. Hahaha.”

Zack Baker was practically incoherent as he lay sprawled out on his boyfriend’s bed. Brian and Matt looked on with amused gazes, as it was always a treat for them when the youngest of their group got completely stoned out of his mind. He was pretty much a light-weight when it came to those kinds of things; whether it be getting high or getting drunk; and therefore, was practically falling over after only two or three puffs, while the others were still sober and put together.

“No, we definitely should not,” Matt replied as he took big gulps from his beer.

“Why not, Matty? She’s so innocent. We could like…corrupt her or some shit! It’d be totally awesome.”

“Zacky, shut up. She just joined into our little group and you’re already going to scare her away. Even if she agreed to smoking with us, I wouldn’t allow it. I don’t want to get her into that shit, ya know?”

Zack grinned goofily and handed the joint, that was placed almost expertly between his index and thumb fingers, over to Matt. Brian moved to lay down next to Zack on the bed, taking lazy drags from his cigarette as he turned his attention to Matt.

“You really care about her, don’t ya, Matt?” The brown-eyed man questioned with a taunting smirk, though it was obvious it was a serious question.

“Yeah,” Matt replied, rolling his eyes. “I do. That’s not a problem, is it?”

“No, of course not. I think it’s sweet, actually. Maybe you two could be boyfriend and girlfriend.” Brian drew out the last part with a voice that mocked the likes of a six-year-old.

“Dude, you’re so gay, shut up.” Matt slapped both hands over his face in embarrassment. His friends just loved to torture him.

“Oh, well, thanks for that marvelous insight on my being gay as I lay here with my boyfriend, Matt. I’m glad you’ve finally helped me to realize my true nature,” Brian said, gaining a high-pitched laugh from Zack and a punch in the arm from Matt.

“Stop fucking around, nut sack,” Matt said, with a smile, nonetheless. He glanced down at his phone, which had just produced a vibration, and he picked it up to see Jessica’s name displayed with a new text message. He smiled after reading it and began to type out a response.

“What’d she say, dimples?” Zack asked, referring to Matt’s cheesy smile, whilst curling into Brian’s side with a content sigh. The high was beginning to wear off just a little and was now leaving behind a pleasuring fizzle in the youngest man’s mind.

Matt scowled at him. “She said she’s glad she met me,” Matt replied, blushing only slightly and quickly turning his head away from his friends, lest they see the crimson tinting and banter him.

“Aww,” Brian said. “What a sweetie.”

“Agreed,” Zack concurred. “But I’m fucking tired. If there’s even a tiny chance of me waking up tomorrow, I’d better get some shut eye.”

“Uhm, you’d better get up tomorrow. We have to be there for Jess,” Matt scolded.

“Slow your roll, bro. I’ll be there.” Zack yawned, and turned onto his side, away from the older men. Brian followed with a yawn of his own, but continued taking lazy drags from his cigarette. Matt knew it was only going to be a matter of time before Brian’s own sleepiness took over, so he slowly moved from the bed and onto the mounds of blankets and pillows that lay on the floor for him. It, surprisingly, was quite a comfortable set up. One would assume sleeping on a floor to be achy and miserable, but Matt found it to be almost as welcoming as a regular bed. This was mostly because of Brian’s parent’s money situation, providing more than just a stable living with soft, plush carpeting on top of more carpeting, and creating a lovely cushion to support Matt’s bulky frame.

By the time he was settled on his little bundle, Matt noticed Jessica had texted back. He opened his phone and read the message, informing him that she, too, was about to head off to bed. He let her know this was okay, and told her he’d see her tomorrow, before standing back up on his haunches and plugging his phone into the charger located on Brian’s bedside table. Brian switched off the light upon putting out his cigarette, and Matt heard a brief scuffling on the bed. He rolled his eyes, knowing the two men were probably about to engage in some sexual act, but were trying their hardest to be discreet and quiet for Matt’s sake.

The hazel-eyed man simply sighed, and lay back against the pillows with ease. He found himself looking toward the brightly lit clock sitting by Brian’s bed, the bright red numbers reading 12:26, and he somehow wondered just where in the hell the weekend went. It kind of seemed like a sort of fantasy, thinking about everything that took place. He hardly expected to be heading off to school Monday morning with the intentions of meeting up with Jessica Flaherty; and yet, this was exactly what would take place. This, of course, made him happier than a five-year-old on Christmas morning, but the events surrounding it was what had him on edge. He knew for a fact that once Jason Kiegan saw Jessica with him, shit was going to go down. Not to say he was afraid of the puny, pathetic excuse for a man, but he was more worried about what would happen to Jess. He would protect her, no doubt, but it might not be a physical pain that would cause her affliction.

Deciding to just let it go for the time being, Matt turned on his side and willed his eyes shut. A brief whimpering noise from the bed sounded, obviously produced from Zack, followed by a guttural ‘shushing’ that was obviously from Brian, and Matt suddenly grabbed a pillow and held it down over his head.

“Hey Zack,” He spoke into the darkness of the room. “I thought you said you needed some shut eye for school tomorrow.”

Zack shrieked upon hearing Matt’s declaration of knowing just what exactly he and Brian were doing. “Matt, shut up!” He exclaimed, and Matt couldn’t help but laugh loudly.

There were a few more momentary movements, before heavy sighs were heard throughout the room and Matt groaned in disgust. The fact that they could do that with someone else in the room was beyond him, but he was thoroughly relieved now that he could finally catch a break and sleep in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's really short, I know, but this is leading up to the epicness that's going to take place in chapter twenty. I'm not saying what's going to happen! But it's going to be intense. I'm about half way done with chapter nineteen, and if you guys comment lots, I'll try my best to finish it up today and post it later on! But you have to comment! How about this, everyone who comments on this chapter, will get deds in chapter nineteen. Does that sound good? Make it happen!

I love all you beautiful mibbians. ;D

May the Odds Be In Your Favor,

Jess.
xoxo