Status: Ended. Go check out the rewritten, original fiction version. Link is in the summary!

What Do You Want From Me?

The Best Laid Plans

“They’re so fucking lucky. Oh, my God, are they lucky I left.”

Jason Kiegan pounded his steering wheel in frustration, as he dwelled mercilessly on the previous day’s events. Isabel Vega watched on from the passenger seat with a slight smirk on her face, while Leslie Deslin cowered in the back, wishing she was anywhere else but there.

“Calm down, Baby,” Isabel said, trying to sound even in the least bit seductive. “We’ll get ‘em.”

“And to think, she left me; me! I practically made her who she is today. She never would have been popular and all that shit if it weren’t for my influence.”

“Well, actually,” Leslie chimed in. “Growing up, Jessie was always the most popular out of all of us. I hear people in the next town over know her name.”

“Shut it, Leslie! I didn’t ask for your fucking input!” Jason snapped, glancing at her in the rear-view mirror. She slunk back into the seat and hung her head. “In any case, I still made her like ten times cooler and I don’t care what anyone says.”

“Of course you did, Jay. We all did,” Isabel complied, doing everything she could to stroke his ego. She turned in her seat to look at Leslie, shooting the other girl a devilish glare. “And I was always the most popular, Les. Ask anyone. Jessica was merely my…protégé, of sorts; my clone.”

Leslie raised a brow. “Clone? Izz, you’re from two different races. How can she be a clone?”

“Stop contradicting me! Whose side are you on, anyway?”

“I’m in Jason’s car, driving around with you two, aren’t I?” Leslie spat, and Isabel considered this, before smiling slyly.

“At least this one knows what’s good for her,” Jason commented. “Jessica’s going to regret ever turning her back on us.”

“What are you--I mean we--going to do?” Leslie asked, feeling a pang of worry form inside her.

Truthfully, Leslie Deslin had always seen Jessica Flaherty as an amazing person and friend. She wouldn’t admit this fact, especially now, because she knew it’d only end bad for her, just like it did for Jess. Leslie cared a great deal about her reputation, which was the main reason as to why she hung out with Isabel. She wished she had the amount of courage Jessica did, but it just wasn’t there, and that meant she was stuck with Izzy until high school was over; even then, who knew what was going to happen.

“I haven’t figured that part out yet. But when I do, it’s going to be fantastic.”

Leslie didn’t like the sound of that, but she didn’t make any comments. She was learning her new place rather quickly. It seemed as though, since Jessica left, Jason and Isabel’s true colors were revealed. She couldn’t remember them ever being this bossy and mean. Leslie had begun to wonder just what kind of influence Jessica really had on everyone, considering the fact that the moment she left, all hell practically broke loose. Leslie had never thought about it before then, but it seemed pretty obvious now that Jess was an important factor when it came to Jason Kiegan. Sure, he treated her like a rotten child as opposed to his girlfriend, but the guy was basically crumbling at the seams in her absence, and Isabel was the only one blind to it. She repeatedly stated how much Jason loved her and chose her, but everyone else saw this for what it was: a convenience. Isabel’s there, willing to give her body to whomever may want it, and who’s Jason to turn down a free lay? Plus, the fact that she’d apparently do anything for him played to his advantage, as well. A pawn to his twisted little games is what Isabel had become, and it was rather pitiful to watch.

“Well, I can’t skip school anymore, guys. So if you have some scheme you’re trying to put together, you’re going to have to leave me out of it,” Leslie told them. Jason and Isabel had practically told her to skip school with them that very day, citing ‘emotion and physical woes, which would halt their learning experience’ as the reason. It was a crock, and Leslie knew that, but they were hardly a force to be reckoned with.

“Fine, be that way. Izzy and I can take care of our business alone, then.”

“That’s right, Baby. We don’t need anyone else.” Isabel reached over and smoothed a hand through Jason’s short hair.

“Then why am I here now if you don’t need me?!” Leslie exclaimed, throwing her arms up in exasperation. Isabel whipped around to face her.

“Because, I would think you’d like to help us get back at Jess and her slimy little friends after what she’s done. Wouldn’t you?”

“Of course I would,” Leslie replied. “But I don’t see very much brain-storming going on.”

Not that the youngest girl in the car really cared, but it was always nice to be in the loop.

“Well, you’re not giving any ideas! Jay can’t always think of everything, ya know. Sometimes he needs our help.” Isabel lifted her hand to stroke his hair again, but Jason gripped her wrist rather tightly this time with a scowl.

“Hey, I don’t need anybody’s help. I could have taken care of Sanders on my own, and if I had to, I could take care of this on my own, too. But you guys are offering so…”

Leslie hid a snicker at Jason’s claim, because even though he had help in the fight, he still walked away the most fucked up out of everyone. His lip was busted, he had a black eye, a few bruised ribs, and a broken nose. The only thing that was still intact was his ego, which was why he refused to go to a hospital or even tell his father about what happened. The idiot had one of the guys snap the bone back in place, and now he walked around with a band-aid over it. Isabel had tried to convince him to inform his dad, but Jason’s only reply was: ‘It’ll fuck up the plan.’

“Tell us what we can do, Baby,” Isabel told him. “I want to help in any way I can.”

“Think of something, then! I’m driving. I can’t think and drive at the same time, so it’s up to you.”

“You can’t think and drive at the same time?” Leslie asked him.

“Don’t speak to me in that tantalizing tone, Leslie. You’re supposed to be thinking, so get to it!”

Leslie rolled her eyes and directed her gaze out the window. She wasn’t even sure just where they were driving to. They’d been in the car for the last hour almost, driving around town with no set destination in mind, while Jason repeatedly complained about Jessica and her new life. The whole day was just an absolute waste of time and a waste of a perfectly good day off.

“I’m sure glad Jessica’s mom and dad aren’t my parents,” Leslie voiced. It was supposed to be more to herself, but when anyone’s around Isabel, nothing can be kept private.

“Why do you say that?” The raven haired girl asked.

“Imagine the shit I’d get for skipping today if Marlene and Jeffrey were my parents. They’d probably string me up in the basement and hit me with a wooden spoon or something.” Leslie laughed. It really wasn’t funny, because everyone knew what Jessica went through at home, but it was hard not to make fun of Mr. and Mrs. Flaherty.

A sharp gasp was heard, and suddenly, the car skidded to a violent halt. Leslie flew forward and just saved herself from flying between the two seats, while Isabel’s hands slammed against the dashboard in an effort to save her own self.

“What the fuck,” Leslie cursed in a cacophonous manner. She looked to Jason, seeing the man hadn’t even been affected, and realized it was very much intentional. “What’d you do that for?!”

The only male in the vehicle turned so he could face both Leslie and Isabel, and a rather intimidating grin crossed his face. Leslie slunk back with wide eyes, and Isabel rose a brow in confusion.

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong? Nothing’s wrong,” He replied, and then glanced back at Leslie. “It’s just that, Leslie’s a fucking genius.”

“What?!” Isabel demanded, looking a little offended.

“What’d I do?” Leslie asked next.

“What’d you do? Well, you just gave me the best damn idea I think I’ve ever gotten, and that’s from a long road of amazing fucking ideas.” He laughed maniacally then, and quickly began driving again.

“What’s the idea, Baby?”

“Yeah, and how did I give you this idea?”

Jason chuckled and sighed in bliss. “Let’s just say, I’m pretty sure little miss Jessica’s parents aren’t aware about what she’s been doing these past few days with Sanders and his crew; and I am damn certain if they did, she’d be in a lot of trouble. Wouldn’t you two agree?”

“Well, yeah, but…” Isabel began, and then gasped in obvious delight. “You are so bad! I love it.”

“Wait, wait, what’s going on?” Leslie asked, totally in the dark of their plans.

“Oh, nothing, Leslie. You did your part, now let the master of all things fucking awesome take care of the rest,” Jason said, and it was apparent that’s all Leslie was to know from there on in.

No one else said another word for the rest of the drive. Jason decided Leslie had outstayed her welcome, and dropped her back off at her house twenty minutes later. Isabel barely said goodbye before he sped away from the curb, and was out of sight within seconds.

Leslie was completely clueless about what exactly was going to happen, but her gut told her whatever it was, wasn’t good. She had a feeling, though, that she just may have made one of the biggest mistakes of her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! I'm sensing A LOT of trouble is about to happen for our poor Jessica. As if she hasn't been through enough?! Sheesh. I'm so horrible. But if makes for a great story, no? I think it does. I also thought it was kinda cool seeing things from the "bad guys" perspective, ya know?
But yeah, a lotta stuff is about to happen. I have the next...I'll say five to ten chapters all mapped out in my head and ready to go, but you guys have to comment and let me know what you think!!! I want to thank the following people:

magmababe141
BlackDreams
Star Angel
SpencerG
miyuh diabolikul?
bloodravyn
livelovebam4life
bloodyvengeance
ladyofsorrows101
trisha808
imunladylike
xmydecemberx
LindsaySometimes
ForeverPlagued
Cobra_Lynn212
Baby.Blue.Eyes
skyegirl96
words unspoken
My Story
Aaugustin
LostInsideMyHead
bldydrkangl
ambeymaree
XxalwaysxX
Violent Ecstasy
NME_foREVer_6661
Lost_All_Hope


Thanks to all of you (and if I missed any, I apologize) for your comments. They really mean the world, and I truly love you all. Keep them coming for faster updates!!!

May the Odds Be In Your Favor,

Jess.
xoxo