Status: Ended. Go check out the rewritten, original fiction version. Link is in the summary!

What Do You Want From Me?

A Lesson Never Learned (1/2)

"I'm going to kill him."

"You're not going to kill him."

"No, I am. When school ends, I'm gonna kill him. Watch me."

"Oh, when school ends? So, you think you'll get in less trouble just because you had the decency to wait until school was over to murder someone?"

Matt tore his eyes away from the subject of his rage, and glared at his two friends. "You want me to do it now? Because I'll do it now."

He moved to stand, but was quickly pushed back down.

"Matt, relax! What's your deal? You haven't spoken one word about Kiegan since you kicked his ass and now you all of a sudden want to kill him?" Zack said, completely bewildered at his best friend's unexpected bout of rage.

"I just don't like the kid. That's nothing new."

"Yeah, it's nothing new, but the fact that you're behaving this way is sorta new."

Matt took a deep breath, shaking his head a little. "I'll always want to kill him for what he's done to Jess. That'll never change."

Zack and Brian looked at one another, expressions almost identical, before glancing back to their friend. Both were somewhat worried, and wanted to know what the hell was going on.

"You never answered my question from before," Zack started. "In the hallway, before the bell rang. You were going to say something about why you were acting so pissed off, but then you--"

"I remember, Zack, and I told you it was nothing," Matt said, turning back to stare daggers at one Jason Kiegan.

The cocky little shit head hadn't been in his usual spot with the popular kids that morning, so Matt hadn't expected to see him at lunch. But, he was there, and was doing everything he could to make his presence known; especially to Matt. It was as though he knew Matt was worried or something, because he kept flashing little smirks in their direction. In any normal circumstance, Matt wouldn't be able to notice such a small expression, considering they each sat on opposite sides of the lunch yard; that wasn't the case this time. Jason wanted it to be very much known that he was amused by Jessica's obvious absence.

"It's not nothing, and if you think we're gonna buy that and let it go, you've got another thing coming," Brian informed him, and Zack acceded. Matt looked at the two of them, ready to argue their words, before realizing it was just no use. They weren't going to back down no matter what he said.

The hazel-eyed man sighed, refusing to meet their eyes when he said: "It's just...something someone told me."

"And...?"

"And it wasn't good." Matt was going to continue. He'd planned on telling them what had happened, but as his eyes continued to study the table where Jason sat, his radiant irises landed on the girl who'd started this whole thing; the one who told him those few little details that now had him behaving like an overprotective boyfriend.

She was sitting with them, which wasn't surprising, but it was obvious even from where Matt was sitting that she was upset. Whatever was plaguing her, it appeared was being caused by Jason, as her eyes were trained on him while he talked. Matt shook his head; he really wanted to kick that kid's ass again.

"Are you going to elaborate on that?" Zack asked, waving his hand in front of Matt's face.

Matt blinked a few times, before looking over to his friends. "No. Not right now, at least."

"What? But you were just about to--"

"After school," Matt declared, deciding just then what he was going to do.

"After school? What's the difference between then and now?"

"You'll see. Until then, just leave it alone."

And that was that. Brian and Zack stared at Matt for a few more moments, concern etched into their features, before looking away and saying nothing else on the topic. The air became a little uneasy, as the tallest man still kept his gaze trained on Jason's table, while Brian and Zack mumbled quietly to each other. It was awkward, but when it came to Matt Sanders, there was hardly any room for argument, so that's how it was for the remainder of the period.

The rest of the day was pretty much the same. Matt's mind was set on one simple goal, so everything else was a blur. Even when he was called on in class by a teacher who'd noticed his blank expression and non-existent attention span, he merely shrugged and claimed his stomach hurt as the reasoning behind why he hadn't been listening. She, the teacher, was generally easy going and told him he could go to the nurse if he wanted, but Matt declined and went back to quietly concocting every detail of his after school plan.

By the time the school ended, Matt was on a mission. He headed to his locker first, tossing away his books, before slamming it closed and pulling out his phone to text Zack.

Meet me at my car right now and hurry your asses up.

There was no time to be nice or friendly about it. This was serious business. He walked speedily down the hallways and finally out the main doors. It was a somewhat easy task, considering there was probably no one in as much of a rush as he was; this not including Brian and Zack, who would most likely be showing up a few moments later, granted they took Matt's text as serious as it was meant to be.

Thankfully, they did. A minute or so after Matt made it to his car, the couple came bounding out the front doors. If the hazel-eyed man wasn't in such a mood, he might've even found it to be humorous how they simply followed his orders like their lives depended on it.

"What's going on?" Brian spoke breathlessly, as Zack panted next to him.

"I have to talk to someone," Matt replied placidly.

Zack was quick to stamp his foot. "Wait. Just hold on a damn second. You texted us, demanding we meet you out here just so you could talk to someone?"

"Yes."

"Well, what the fuck? I don't even run that fast in gym."

"You don't even participate in gym," Brian said, raising one eyebrow at his boyfriend. Zack responded with a slap to the arm. Matt glared at the two of them. Somehow, they always managed to get sidetracked with needless comments and information.

"Anyway, just relax. You'll see what I mean."

At that, the three of them fell silent and watch as more and more students began to exit the school. Matt's eyes ran over all of the person's walking in their direction, because that's where he knew he'd find her.

"Who are we looking for? It'd probably be a lot easier if Zack and I knew so we'd have more eyes. It kinda seems a little dumb to me that--"

"There," Matt abruptly cut him off, and quickly moved away from his car.

"Where?!" Zack exclaimed, entirely upset he'd have to be quick on his toes again to keep up with the fast moving man.

Matt didn't answer, and instead moved back toward the school. Brian and Zack were hot on his trail, their eyes searching out just who Matt could possibly be looking for. As soon as they stepped onto the sidewalk, they had their answer.

"Hey," Matt spoke. He reached his hand out and grasped at the young brunette's shoulder in an attempt to fully get her attention. The woman in question quickly turned, and her eyes widened a bit.

"Matt? Wh-what are you doing?"

"Leslie, we need to talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I did just update twice in under a week. Yes, I also have all of the next chapter finished and ready to go. And yes, I am getting my groove back. Haha. I'm pretty happy about it.
This is the first of a two part chapter. I'm finished with the next part, and I'll most likely post it either tonight or tomorrow. I hope you guys are ready for it. ^_^.
So, who thought what? I'm kinda iffy about this, but it's all falling into place how it should be and just how I planned, so I'm glad about that. You guys should comment and let me know what you think!!! If you do, I'll be sure to post the next part ASAP. Maybe even tonight. Who knows? Also, those who comment on this chapter will get deds in the next author's note.

I love all you beautiful mibbians. ;D

May the Odds Be In Your Favor,

Jess.
xoxo