Status: Ended. Go check out the rewritten, original fiction version. Link is in the summary!

What Do You Want From Me?

Buried Alive

Everything was numb.

Her whole body, from head to toe, was clouded by absolute nothingness. One would probably enjoy such a feeling, but in Jessica Flaherty's eyes, it was the worst pain imaginable.

'I probably should have asked the nurse what was in that sedative', she thought, sighing to herself. 'Why do I always think of these things after the fact?'

It was pointless to dwell on such a thing, considering her current predicament, but thinking of anything else; like Matt, or Jason, or Isabel, or especially the two individuals currently looming over her; only made the situation worse.

"What's wrong with her?" The man, currently pacing aimlessly, questioned. "She's like a goddamn statue or something!"

"It's just the drugs, Jeffrey."

"It's not just the drugs. She's probably faking, anyway."

"Look at her!" Marlene gestured to the unattractive purple bruises that had begun to form on Jessica's face. "She's not faking."

Jeffrey glared at his wife, irritated she was going against his word. "Marlene, what are you trying to imply?"

His warning voice immediately snapped Marlene back into the reality that was being a dutiful wife. "Wh- what? Nothing! I'm not implying anything, hon."

"Well, I'd hope not. Because it kind of sounds like you're trying to say this is my fault."

Marlene's eyes widened dramatically. "I said no such thing! I'd never!"

"Your tone of voice spoke wonders."

The bed creaked when Marlene moved toward Jeffrey, and Jessica inwardly flinched as the action caused a horrible tingly sensation to take over. That, added to the ridiculous conversation her parents were having, was all too exasperating for her taste.

"Jeffrey, please; just believe me. How could I think this was your fault when I'm the one who agreed she needed to be punished? This is her fault for going against us. I swear to you, I'm on your side; I always will be."

Gag; it took every ounce of Jessica's will power not to. Turning her head slightly to the right where her parents were sitting, she witnessed them exchange a small kiss. If they were any other kid's parents, she might've said it was romantic; sweet, even. But then she'd have to smack herself, because these weren't some other kids parents, they were hers, and they were absolute monsters.

"Jessie?"

Jessica looked to Marlene, who'd just voiced her name, and nodded slightly in the affirmative.

"Oh, so you can hear us?" Jeffrey spat. Jessica nodded again. "I figured."

"How are you feeling?" Marlene asked, moving toward her daughter again.

"Fine," She lied. It wouldn't have made a difference if she told the truth; but at least this way, she might be able to narrowly avoid a lecture.

"See, I told you." Jeffrey shook his head.

"Jeffrey, please," Marlene scolded, looking at her husband in a pleading manner. The elder man scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest in an aggressive manner. Marlene turned her attention back to Jess. "Are you sure you're feeling alright? Do you want me to get the doctor?" Jessica shook her head, but said nothing else. "Are you su-"

"She said no, Marlene."

The elder woman sighed, but relented, and looked away from her daughter as Jeffrey walked forward.

"And besides, we have to talk. Don't we, sweetie?"

Jessica breathed shakily and gazed at her father, as he took a few menacing steps toward where she lay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is rather short, I know. But I just wanted to get this out of the way because it's been in the works for far too long. I hope I didn't lose any readers. I've just been busy lately; looking at colleges, working through things, etc. I'll be starting school later this month, working toward becoming a medical assistant. ^_^. Wish me luck!!

So...THE 30TH CHAPTER!! I'm so proud. Seriously. I never thought this story would reach this point, but it has, and I'm beyond happy at how successful it's become. I must thank you guys for sticking around and giving me the strength to keep going.

From here, it'll definitely get more complicated. But I figured I'd end it at this point and leave it a mystery for now as to what exactly the Flaherty's are going to discuss in their little conversation. You'll all find out soon enough, but until then, WOOO CLIFFHANGER'S!

As always, comments mean the world to me. So, please, give me someee. I'll try and update quicker next time, darling's.

I love all you beautiful mibbians. ;D

May the Odds Be In Your Favor,

Jess.
xoxo