Sequel: Awake
Status: Complete.

Bedtime

Foreboding.

I walk down the cold windy street, lunch in hands. My destination is Blake's work. He is unable to leave for a lunch break so mother sent me to give him some food we made.
Salmon, banana bread with walnuts and potato's au gratin.
His favorite.

I smile seeing the top of the sign for the little skateboard shop he works at just over the crest of the next hill.
I hold the warm container of food closer to my chest, stealer it's warmth.

I look to the sky, seeing heavy dark clouds. A storm is coming.
I quicken my pace.

The air of the shop is a stark contrast to my frigid skin.
I spot Blake instantly, he stands speaking with a customer who's back is to me.

I wait quietly by a rack of boards, trying to stay out of the way.
He sees me and smiles a curious smile and bids me forward with two fingers.
I scurry over the corners of my mouth pulling up.

He welcomes me with a warm hug, kissing the top of my head.

"Mace, this is my sister Farrah, Farrah this is my friend Mace"
I turn to he is talking about with a smile, only to have it drop.
It's the boy from the shop I bought candy from.

He grins, sticking out his hand.
"It's nice to meet you"

I don't want to be rude and upset Blake so I hesitantly take his hand.
A feeling of dread, a vibe of danger shots up my arm at this contact.
I jerk my hand away.

"Nice to meet you too"
I mutter, backing into Blake's body.
I hold up the food.
"Here's your lunch"

"Thanks baby doll" He takes the container and gives me a one armed hug.
He looks down with bright eyes.
I hold his gaze a moment before glancing back at Mace.
Something is his face has shifted, like a lightbulb just went off above his head.

An unsettling look of glee crossed over his features.
I shrink back, out of Blake's grip.

"See you at home Blake" I say to him. I hurry from the store keeping my eyes on the ground.

A feeling blows around me with the wind. A feeling of foreboding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry so short, but I felt I should write up this update and post it now. I'm leaving Friday(well since it's past midnight, I guess I should say I'm leaving tomorrow)for Virginia to see my brother for about 8 days. I'm bringing my laptop and I'm still going to write, but I don't know how much time I'll have to post, or even if I'll have internet for most the time.

Anyway, thanks to XXCKExxMABXX, rivals are insane, iDream, Purplegiraffe99, Dean Winchester;, AmberFoShizzleDizzle, BooMonster and HayleighNicole:)