Sequel: Awake
Status: Complete.

Bedtime

Ending.

When they told me I didn't say anything, I didn't protest, I didn't yell.
I simply sat on my bed, like I am now, and listened.
There is no point to fighting, they won't listen anyway.

A strange feeling befalls me.
Something between calm and chaos.
I want to scream and throw things, but I'm held back by a phlegmatic force.

My body is stiff, my muscles tense as I sit here, staring at the spot my parents stood not five minutes ago.

"Farrah?"
I don't need to look up to know the owner of the voice.

"Yes?"
I whisper.

"Can I come in?"
My eyes flicker up to see is slumped figure standing there, an inch from crossing the threshold.

Shaking my head 'No' I curl into a ball on my bed.

"Then I'll just wait here until your ready"
He states sitting down right there, indian style.
We stay in silence awhile before he finally breaks it.

"I'll miss you"

I simply look up at him, not saying anything.
I force my lips apart and make the words that are stuck in the back of my throat come forth.
"I'll miss you too"

My voice is scratchy and quiet.
He smiles at me, gladdened by what I say.
I uncurl, laying back on my side, still staring at him.
"Do you know how long I'll be gone?"

He looks down.
"No, they just said until you heal"

I purse my lips, glaring at the floor.
"I don't think it will help"

"Neither do I"
Blake admits, rubbing his temples.
We stop talking again, a heavy fog of tension settling over us.
I squirm uncomfortably.
I don't want to think about going away.

"Blake?"
I whisper.

His head jerks up.
"Yes?"

"Will you please tell me a story?"
My fingers twist in the material of my blanket as I wait for an answer.

He chuckles wearily, though his eyes hold no humor.
"Of course, which do you want to hear?"

"A new one, something I can tell myself when I get scared after I leave"
I say softly, gazing at him.

"Okay"
He sounds like he wants to cry.
"Once upon a time, there was a village with no music.
A young girl lived there who loved to sing, but every time she tried she would be punished.
So she snuck out every night to a secret place.
A meadow, with many flowers and fire flies.
When she would come to the meadow she would sing to the trees around her, they would blow in the wind showing they approved.
She would sing to the stars that would twinkle, showing they were listening.
She would sing to the moon that would shine brightly, lighting up the whole meadow, showing it appreciated her voice.
This was because the no one ever cared about the trees or stars or moon like this girl.
The girl sang to them, because no one else cared about her voice.
And to this day her songs can still be heard in the meadow, just whispers riding the wind."

When he finishes he looks me straight in the eyes.
"I love you Farrah Porter"

"I love you too Blake Porter"

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
It's done!
Go check out the sequel, the summery is up and the firster chapter will be up tomorrow!:)

This goes to Imagination;, dreamgirl13, rivals are insane, Artistique, Save Your Heart, KobraKid., DaniHollywood, Lifetimes., yule_be_merry, Purplegiraffe99, z7x.Sick.Puppie.x, per sempre., VengeanceRevSyn6661, BooMonster and the wrong impression:)

I just want to say, if it wasn't for you wonderful readers and your comments, I couldn't have done this.
Thank you:)