Strength of the World

Chapter 11

I hit him across the head with all my strength. From as far as I could tell, he was out like a light. I dropped the bat in shock that I actually hit him like that. As if he was a cold blooded killer or something. I just felt so bad for Matt and he didn't deserve something like this for something so stupid. The only thing he did wrong that was illegal was drink. Nobody was going to know that now besides all of us...Matt's dad wasn't going to remember after the blow over the head he just received. Just then all the girls ran in and stopped at the sight of the guys on the floor. They were shocked as all hell. Jen ran to me as the others ran to Brian, Johnny, Jimmy and Zacky.
"What in the fuck happened Katie!?"
"Matt's dad was beating him to a bloody pulp with his belt. I whacked him over the head with one of the bats...and Matt won't move."
Matt wasn't moving. His eyes were closed and blood splurged out of his back. I could tell that was going to leave a few marks. Blood covered the white rug, staining it. I don't think I've ever seen that much blood, not even in a horror film. And I watched a lot of those.
"Matt, please get up...or say something." Jen weaped being careful not to touch his beaten back. We heard sirens coming towards the house.
"Watch Matt and make sure he keeps a steady heartbeat, the ambulance is coming."
I started walking over to Brian hoping he'd at least open his eyes. From what I could see, they were all knocked unconcious. I was nearly at Brian's side when I felt a firm grip grasp my left arm. I turned around and tried to scream, but nothing came out. I looked down at my stomach and tried to feel it. But it was numb, Matt's father had just inflicted a knife into my soft tissue. Blood began to spill and I felt to my knees. The last thing I heard was Nic scream.

::Nic's POV::
I saw Katie fall to her knees and noticed Matt's dad standing over her. He had stabbed her with a knife and I screamed. All the other girls looked at her and nearly cried. We were all too scared to move, Matt's dad was a killer. We heard the cops and the ambulance in the driveway and police invaded Matt's home. One of the policeman pointed his gun at Matt's dad and threatened to shoot. The paramedics raced to Matt and Katie's side. At this point, Katie was in the worst condition. Johnny and Brian got up slowly trying to figure out what happened until they saw Matt's dad being arrested. They looked at the other guys who were starting to wake up and then noticed us girls crying. Brian knew something was wrong when he noticed Katie wasn't next to him.

::Brian's POV::
I saw all the paramedics taking Matt away and the blood covering his back made me want to kill someone. How could a father do this to his son? I knew Matt would be alright, he was a strong guy, but his back would be sore as a bitch for the next couple of months. I looked around and tried to find Katie, but didn't succeed. Nic came up to my side and the look in her eyes told me something was terribly wrong.
"Oh my god, where is she Nic?"
"Brian, umm...she's-"
"She's what!? Just tell me!"
"She was stabbed Brian, we don't know what's going to happen. All of us are scared for her!"
I felt like my whole life was torn and I was lifeless, I couldn't even breathe.
"What happened? Is she alright?" I was panicking.
"We don't know. She was walking to your side after hitting Matt's dad over the head with a bat. He grabbed her arm and stabbed her with a knife. She couldn't even scream for help. Brian I'm sorry, they just rushed her to the hospital and Matt's dad was arrested."
I couldn't believe this was happening. What did my angel do to deserve this? She wasn't supposed to come after us.
"If it wasn't for her, Matt would have bled to death. Everyone told her not to go in, but she was scared for all of you and Matt. She called the ambulance right away."
I can't take this anymore. I have to see her, to know she's okay. I ran to one of the officers and asked him what hospital they took Matt and Katie to. As soon as they found out, I told the girls to take the rest of the guys to my place or they could come to the hospital later. They all nodded and I ran at like Mach 5 speed to my car. I ran about 8 red lights on the way there, and to my surprise didn't get stopped once. If I would have, I probably would've killed the cop that did.
"What room was Matt Sanders and Katie taken to?" I asked the lasy at the desk.
"Mr. Sanders was taken to room 318, but I'm sorry, Katie was taken straight to the emergency room."
Fuck, how could this be happening? I knew I couldn't do anything but wait for Katie, so I figured I'd see how Matt was. I walked into his room and he was awake.
"What's up man, and why are you in tears? Do you love me that much?"
"Yeah man, I do love you...but Katie's in the emergency room." I told him, collapsing in the chair before I blacked out.
"Are you kidding me!? This is all my fault."
"What are you talking about?"
"I called her on my cell right before my dad found me hiding behind the couch. I told her to bring the guys over, I should've known she would've came too. She loves me like a brother. I'm so stupid."
"The other girls are fine Matt, and it's not your fault. You needed help. She does love you, your father's such a fucking dick. He was arrested."
"What happened to Katie, and me?" He asked that dreaded question.
"Your dad was beating your back with his belt, and you were severly bleeding. She came and helped you after we were knocked out. She took one of our bats and whacked him over the head. She thought he was knocked out cold and walked over to help me and the rest of the guys, but she wasn't so lucky. You're dad stabbed her in the stomach with a knife." I informed him, breaking down.
"Dude, I'm so sorry. I can't believe this. If I could, I'd take her spot right now. My dad's a killer."
"Nobody said she was dead! Don't say that!"
"I'm sorry Brian, I didn't mean it like that." He said sadly.
"I know, I know, I'm just worried as all hell. Anymore waiting and I'm gonna fucking pull my hair out!"
"Then why the fuck are you in here! Get in that fucking waiting room now!" He ordered.
I sat in the chair practically biting my nails to the point where they were bleeding. If I saw anymore blood, I'd probably throw up. I waited a good 3 hours when one of the doctors came out. I jumped up and ran towards him. He didn't look too good.
"Well, how is she? Is she going to be okay?"
He pulled down his mask from his face and looked at me with sincere eyes.
"Mr. Haner, I'm afraid..."