Strength of the World

Chapter 13

::Still Brian's POV::
I just stood outside my car and thought about my decision. I shook it off and walked into the house. Everyone sat in silence just glaring at me. Finally, Johnny walked up to me.
"So uh, what did you decide?"
"I love Katie, nothing will ever change that you guys..."
Everyone else was shocked, they looked at me like I was some psychotic killer.
"You're a fucking asshole Brian, how could you do that to her, and to us!? Jimmy especially."
"Dude you didn't even fucking let me finish damnit! I called the hospital. They said they'd take me in for surgery any time. All I have to do is walk in there."
Finally, everyone's faces brightened and for once, they were all smiling. I don't know what the hell took me so long to make up my mind, but I know I made the right choice.
"DOGGY PILE!" Zacky yelped.
"Oh my god..NO!" I was tackled to the ground. I never thought they'd be able to knock me down, but with Matt in that bumch, I figured it was nearly impossible to stay standing.
"Alright alright, if you guys don't mind I'd like to save Katie before my kidneys get damaged." I laughed. Wait? I actually laughed. After hours of crying...I managed to laugh. Holy. Shit.
"Can we come with you?" Jen asked.
"I don't see why not. But I don't know why you'd want to. I'm going to be in surgery for a long time. Katie and I won't be able to be released for a few weeks either." I commented.
"We know, we just thought it might comfort you a little more if we were there by your side. We know you'd be there for us." She told me.
"You guys win, I know you all love me." I said like I was stuck-up.
"Whatever, let's fucking go! Katie's dying and we're all acting like a few jackasses." Nic said.
We all jumped in Johnny's car this time and drove to the hospital. On the way there, we all sang to the radio...we were losers. We reached the parking lot and I was now nervous as fuck. I could've puked right then and there. What if I couldn't do this? NO! I am doing this, I love her...I love her. I want her to be my wife someday. Let's do this. We entered the hospital.
"Are you ready for this Brian?" Bridgette questioned me.
"Who would be? But I'm doing it."
She just nodded. I walked up to the desk as the others took a seat in the lobby.
"Brian Haner, for the kidney transplant." I informed her.
"Right over here sir," The lady said.
She led me over to a doctor and he took me back into his office and got me ready. I was getting more nervous by the minute and the worst came when the nurses started injecting needles into my wrist and putting me under anesthetics. I was out like a light in like, six seconds.

::Hours later::
I was awake, and sore. I looked at the scar that I was left with and it was a good one. Proves how much I love her I hope. I'm thankful I'm alive, I just hope Katie's as lucky as I am. I heard the door creak open and everyone walked in.
"Hey man, how goes it?" Zacky asked.
"Fine, I'm a little sore, but other than that I feel normal. I'm not afraid of surgery and shit anymore. Happy about that. I'm just worried about Katie now."
"She'll be fine Brian, we'll make sure of it." Matt assured me.
We all sat in the room and chatted, watched TV, and laughed once in a while at how dumb Johnny was. He was an awesome guy. Eventually, everyone fell asleep cuddled to each other. I on the other hand couldn't sleep. I knew right after they got my kidney, they were going to start operating on Katie. I wanted to be there the minute she was done. I wanted her to be as healthy as she was before. She didn't smoke, that was a plus. She drank, but not that much..we were still underage. I asked the doctor if she would be as healthy as she was before. He told me that if everything went as planned, she should be healthier than she was before. That sure helped me. That must mean my kidney will do her some good. I laughed to myself. All I could do was wait, and wait, and wait. You get the picture. Having to contain yourself for hours, while still in pain from your surgery, just to see your only love...sucks ass. All the guys woke up.
"How are you doing Brian?" Kameron asked.
"Better than a few hours ago. Just anxious to see how her surgery went. The doctor told me she'd be healthier than before if the surgery went as planned."
"Wow, that means your kidney was healthy! Didn't expect that after all the drinking you do." She said surprised.
"You're thinking the liver you moron, not the kidney...psh." Zacky stated.
That had to be the smartest thing he's ever said. He actually knows the liver is damaged more by drinking than the kidney. I just laughed.
"Hey, no need to attack my girlfriend for her dumb comment, and she's not a moron." Johnny said.
"Thanks babe." She said after hitting him lightly on the shoulder.
"What did I do?" He wondered.
"Nevermind." She just rolled her eyes and gave him a passionate kiss.
"Damn, I need to be stupid more often." He laughed.
One of the doctors walked in.
"Mr. Haner..." He began.
Everyone shut up and just stared...I swear you could hear hearts beating rapidly through all the tension.
"The operation was very successful, Katie is now much healthier and can go back living her life. You two can leave the hospital in about 3 weeks."
Cheers filled the room. Everyone was jumping up and down and hugging each other. I was so emotional I cried...AGAIN. I thought I ran dry of tears. All the girls tackled me with smiles on their faces.
"OW!" I whinned.
"Awe, we're sorry. We're just so excited!" They screamed.
"I know, I know. Um doctor, when can we see her?"
"Now if you'd like. The surgery has been completed for about 2 hours now. We were just waiting for her to wake up seeing we knew you'd want to see her. Patients get anxious much. But she's still in a little pain, and so are you." He smiled.
"Thanks." I stated simply.
Normally, at my condition (in pain), people wouldn't be able to walk around. But when you want to see someone that you care about so much that nearly died, you could care less about the pain. Jimmy, being as anxious as he was, took me over his shoulder and almost carried me to her room. But Matt pulled me down knowing that the pain I was enduring wasn't so great. The girls followed close behind us and as we neared the door to her room, we crept slowly so we could peek in on her without disturbing her. We peered through the door way, not sure who was going to go in first.
"Either you're going to go in first and surprise her with all your love, or Matt and I are going to push you out of our way." Jimmy whispered and giggled at the same time. Matt just grinned. Everyone else was trying to hold in giggles.
"Alright, here it goes."
I pushed the door open and saw her with her head back on the pillow, just resting. I walked up to her slowly and I could feel everyone's eyes plastered to my back. They wanted to see what her reaction was. I sat next to her bed and reached my hand out to meet hers. She felt my soft touch and turned her head a little so she was facing me. She finally opened her greenish blue eyes. I've missed them so much! I never realized how beautiful she was. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. It felt like I was in heaven and I finally met my guardian angel. God I loved her. Then I saw tears forming in her eyes.