Strength of the World

Chapter 14

::Normal::
I haven't seen him in so long and he means so much to me. I just couldn't believe what he did for me. He really does love me. I just stared at him, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. So, I started to cry. He looked at me with a worried look as his thumb carressed my hand and silence filled the room. The guys thought we should be left alone for a while, so they went back to the waiting room.
"Katie what's wrong?"
Yeah, as if he didn't know. I gave him a weak smile.
"Brian, I know what you did for me and I don't know how to thank you. I just...love you so much."
"Baby, I had to do this. I can't live without you, I can't even imagine trying. I wouldn't be able to deal with myself if I didn't make the right choice."
I knew he loved me, but not this much. I still feel he deserves better. Is that wrong?
"Are you still sore?" I asked him.
"A little bit...not much. What about you? Oh, I guess that was a stupid question." He grinned.
I tried to laugh but winced in pain. I wondered when this was going to go away.
"Brian, will you hold me?"
"I want to, but I don't want to hurt you."
"You won't. Just be careful."
He carefully climbed into to the hospital bed and wrapped me in his embrace. God I missed this so much.
"There's no way Matt's dad is getting away with this Katie. I'll kill him first."
I couldn't speak, it felt so good to have him around and I just fell silent...and tired.
"The doctor said we could be out in three weeks. We should be okay by then." He told me. That sounded great, I hated hospitals. The next thing I heard was Brian's calm breathing. I knew he'd fall asleep. I figured I needed my rest too so I fell asleep listening to his loving heartbeat and staring up at him peacfully sleeping. I woke up within an hour, the pain was starting to kick in again. I pushed the button on the armrest of the bed for the nurse to come in. I needed a pain killer. I didn't want to wake Brian, so when the nurse entered I whispered.
"How are you feeling today?"
"I'm okay I think, I just really need a pain killer." I replied.
She nodded and walked to the table beside the wall. She handed me the two pills and a glass of water.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome. That's some guy you've got there. Don't let him go." She smiled. If I didn't know better, I would've thought she was hitting on him. I gave her a weird look.
"Oh! Don't worry, I'm happily married." She smiled. Figured I'd be nice and smile back.
"I'll leave you two alone, there's some visitors outside the door. Would you like them to come in?"
"Yes." I simply said.
Matt, Johnny, Zacky, Jimmy, and all the girls walked in. I shushed them quickly so they wouldn't disturb Brian.
"You two are SO adorable together." Nic told me.
"I'd have to agree. How are you?" Bridgette asked.
"I'm doing alright, I just need to take a few pain killers here and there. Nothing too bad."
"I swear Katie, I'm so sorry. I didn't want this to happen. I shouldn't have called you and the guys over." Matt said with a tear in his eye.
"Oh Matt, don't be silly. I would've came even if you didn't call. I would've thought something was up eventually and so would Jen." Then Jen looked at him.
"And I know you didn't want this to happen. But it wasn't your fault. I thought I knocked him out good. I guess his head is as hard as a rock." Everyone just laughed, including Matt.
"Don't worry babe, he's going to jail for this." Jen assured him.
"Are you alright Matt? When I saw you, you were pretty beaten." I asked a little scared.
"Yeah I'm fine, nothing a few bandages and doctor check-ups won't fix."
I noticed Jimmy hasn't said a word to me. I looked at him standing in the corner looking at the floor.
"Jimmy, come over here." I said.
He looked up at me and took off his glasses, only to reveal his tears.
He grabbed my free hand and just stared at it.
"Katie, you don't know what it feels like to know someone you love is dying, and you can't help them," He started. He was right, I didn't. Now he was making it sound like I was the bad guy.
"I know Jimmy, but none of this was your fault, it wasn't anybody's but Matt's dad. Do NOT put yourself down, and don't feel sorry for me. I'm fine Jimmy, and I love you."
He started to sob but quickly pulled himself together and gently gave me a hug.
"I love you too." He whispered in my ear. I smiled as he pulled away.
"Well, we better get going. All this sweet talk is getting to me." Zacky said. I think he wiped a small tear from his eye. Everyone in the room just grinned.
"Alright, let's get going. We'll hang at the house. And Katie, we'll call you later tonight." Kameron said. They all walked over to me and gave me a gentle hug. Zacky gave Brian a small hug as well.
"Be careful with my lover, he's very fragile." He laughed.
"Oh don't worry Zacky, he's in good hands." I smiled.
"Hey! I'm supposed to be your lover!" Nic yelled at him playfully.
"Oh but you are my love, Brian's just a close second. We've known each other for soooo long!" God was he corny. Everyone left the room and I quietly sat up and turned on the TV.
"What do you think you're doing?" Brian asked me. If I wasn't mistaken, I could've sworn he was awake that whole time. He wrapped his arms around me and slowly pulled me back down to lay with him.
"I was just going to watch some TV. How long have you been awake, because you don't have a hint of tiredness in your voice."
"I've been awake since Jimmy started to cry. He really cares for you Katie, just as much as I do."
"Awe, thanks babe. So you got that hug from Zacky."
"Yeah, he's such a stud. I haven't gotten a hug from him in forever. Sometime's I just wish I could fuck that kid." He said with a serious look on his face.
"I didn't know you were gay Syn, I would've totally dated another guy."
"I was just messing with you. But he is an awesome guy. He's really easy to beat at video games too. Besides, you could make a gay guy go straight in a heartbeat."
I just rolled my eyes and turned on FUSE. I was quite surprised the hospital had this channel. Brian and I just sat there and sang to the videos they played.