Strength of the World

Chapter 17

The guys were leaving tomorrow and I walked around the house as sorrow filled inside of me. I didn't want them to go. It's like this bad feeling hits the pit of my stomach whenever I think about it. Almost as if it's a bad idea that he's leaving me here..by myself. Brian was sound asleep, I loved when it was like this. I get to make him breakfast and he doesn't even know it. I usually watch him sleep peacefully for a good hour but today was different. I needed to make plans for our last day together until 2 months passed. I called all the guys up and surprisingly, everyone one was awake. They said they'd be over in a few hours and the girls were coming over in about half an hour. We had to set up everything and get some snacks made. Knowing Zacky, we won't even have to get beer. Somehow, he always managed to grab vodka and JD. I never understood how and he never told us, we were all under-age drinkers. It kinda made me laugh. We were going to hold a party. I couldn't wait until I was 21...gah. Brian's breakfast was ready and I had to go and wake him up. This oughta be fun. I walked into our room and his face was buried in the pillow. Wow, he must've been extremely tired. Making sure I don't wake him, I went around the other side of the bed so his back was facing me. Slowly I crawled my body onto the bed. As it shifted, I stopped just to make sure he wasn't waking up. Damn, he's a dead sleeper. I reached his body and longed to be in his warm embrace. Only thing, I wasn't tired enough to cuddle. I kissed his neck gently and went up closer to his ear.
"Baby, wake up." I whispered.
He flinched from the light breeze I sent through his ear, but he didn't open his eyes. I knew his weak spot though. I snuck my hand up under his shirt and rubbed his stomach and I sucked on his ear. I knew he'd wake up eventually. It wouldn't be long. I ran my nose across his jaw line taking in the feel of his soft skin. I kissed his chin and I saw that little grin sneak across his lips. I had him. I ran my hand through his hair as he grumbled.
"You know, that's not really fair." He said groggily.
"I know, but you love the way I wake you up gently." He nodded as he rolled onto his back, his eyes barely open. He held onto my arms as we admired each other's faces. God he was so beautiful.
"I could lay like this all day and not say a word. You're so amazing, I can't imagine being here with anyone else." He said to me.
I leaned down and gave him a kiss and pulled away. He pulled on my neck for more and kissed me for a while longer. I pulled away once again.
"Why won't you lay here and let me kiss you all day?" He asked sadly.
"Because, your breakfast is on the table downstairs and the girls are coming over in a bit to help me set up the party."
"What party? I can cook."
"Awesome, you're an awesome cook. Well, you guys are leaving on tour tomorrow and we wanted a farewell party."
"Babe, you act like we're going to be gone forever, it's only 2 months. We'll be back in no time."
"I know Brian, it's just, whenever I think about you leaving me, I get this horrible feeling in my stomach. Like you shouldn't leave me here alone."
"Babe, nothing's going to happen. I promise you that. I don't wanna leave you here alone either. If I could, you know I'd bring you."
I just nodded and stood up.
"Get dressed and take a shower. I'll be downstairs waiting for the girls."
"What about my breakfast?"
"I'll eat it." I stated smiling.
"Good, I never eat breakfast and I'm never hungry in the morning either. I'll start the cooking for the party as soon as I'm out of the shower."
"Alright." He got up and gave me a quick peck on the lips. He was so lovey sometimes. I heard the shower water running and I had the urge to jump in there with him, but the girls would be here any minute now. I walked down the steps as the phone rang. I jumped down the rest of the stairs and snatched the phone quickly.
"Hello?"
Nothing.
"Hello?!"
I started to grow impatient, it doesn't take much to piss me off.
"Fucking answer me!"
Then there was the sound of the beeping and soon the reciever. I hung up the phone a little disturbed, but thought the person had the wrong number and hung up frightened. I laughed to myself. The doorbell rang and I walked to the door thinking it was the girls with the decorations in hand. But, there was nothing in front of me when I opened the door. I looked down and there was a box. Maybe it was something for Brian. I picked it up and closed the door behind me. Sure enough, the card read 'Brian' on it. I know better than to go through his things so I figured I'd just let him open it himself when he got out of the shower.
It's been an hour and the girls haven't showed up. Change of plans? Who knows? So I called up my awesome buddy Matt on his cell.
"Where are you guys?"
"Oh hey Katie, um. Actually, we couldn't have the party tonight. We all promised the girls we'd give them an 'unforgettable' night before we left and they got a little excited about it. Did Bridgette forget to call you?"
"Yeah, I thought at least Kameron or Nic would. But I guess not. Well you and Jen have fun and tell the other girls I said hi along with the rest of the gang."
"We'll do love, we miss you and we'll make sure we stop before we leave tomorrow. We have to get Brian anyway."
"Alright Matt, I'll talk to you all tomorrow then. Tell the girls they can chill here while you're all gone on tour."
"We'll do."
We said our goodbyes as Brian came down the steps.
"Nice shower?"
"Sure was. But I missed you."
I laughed. "I was right down the steps the whole time."
He smiled and I sat him on the couch and told him about the party being cancelled due to the guys' promise to the girls. Brian just laughed knowing what I was talking about.
"A package came for you."
"What is it?"
"I dunno, I wanted you to open it because it was yours. I also got a weird phone call, but I think it was a few pranksters or someone with a wrong number."
"Hmm?" He wondered and walked over to the package on the table.
"This is odd seeing you're the one that usually gets the packages." He giggled.
"Just open the damn thing." I smiled and walked back into the living room. The next thing I heard was a heavy box hit the floor.
"Holy Fuck!" Brian yelled.
I shot up from the couch and ran to Brian when I saw blood on the floor from the box.
"What in the hell is this Brian!?" I asked a little frightened.
"I don't know what this is. There's a card here. Hold on, let me read it. Maybe it's just a joke from one of the guys or something."
"I don't think they'd play something like this on us. This is kind of weird considering the package arrived like 2 seconds after that phone call I told you about. But, just read the card."
He nodded and read the card to himself. With every second his eyes got wider and wider. Then finally, he dropped the card completely frozen. I've never seen him like this, almost like he's seen a ghost.
"Baby what's wrong?" I asked in a serious tone.
"Go upstairs, I need to go outside for a minute." He said like a father. I knew something was up and I decided to obey his order.
"Be careful babe." I said worried.
"You too." That right there was one of the most frightening things I've heard in my life. What was going on? I began to walk up the stairs knowing what I was going to do as soon as Brian walked out the door with a pistol in hand. I was freaking out. I got halfway up the steps when he shut the door behind him. I ran down the steps I had walked and picked up the card. I was just as shocked as he was. Only, I was more worried now. I dropped the card just as Brian had, and I ran for the door. Brian could not be outside like this, something is bound to happen to him. I don't give a damn if he has a pistol or not. I jolted the door open and grabbed Brian by the back of the shirt as he pointed the gun at a car passing by with tinted windows. As soon as I got him in the door, I kicked the door shut with my foot and pulled him to the ground. One gun shot was all it took. We now have a bullet hole right through our door. I ran to the phone and called the cops. They'd be here any minute questioning us.
"Oh my god Brian! Are you alright!?"
"Fuck Katie! Don't you ever come outside like that again! I told you to be careful!"
"I know! But you would've been shot!"
"Yeah, but you're more fragile and vulnerable at this point! You've already been stabbed!"
I just stared at him as tears welled in my eyes. But he was right. I just couldn't lose him and now I know how he felt when he knew I was stabbed.
"I'm sorry Katie, I just can't let anything happen to you. How did you figure you needed to come and get me?"
"I read the card."
He stared at the floor and tears started welling in his eyes. I crawled over to him and held him in my arms as he started to cry harder. Sobs were molding with the sirens of the cop cars and I took Brian to our room after I told the cops to investigate and ask questions later. They agreed and I layed with Brian in our room as he cried into my shoulder and eventually he fell asleep. I walked downstairs to one of the cops reading the card. Another was investigating the blood. Who in the fuck would send a box filled with fucking blood? Crazy ass motherfuckers.
"Ma'am, do you know who sent you this letter?"
"I have an idea." I stated simply. It was all too obvious.
***Did you really think you'd get away with this? I know where you two live, I watch you sleep, eat, I fucking watch you two every minute of your being. What you have is precious, and she's fragile. What's fragile can..and WILL be broken. Watch yourselves. I took this blood from your so-called angel as I watched it pour from her stomach. She looked so helpless. Just what I like to see, pain and suffering. Make sure you lock yourselves up and hide, you never know who could be standing right outside your door. Have a nice crimson day.***