Strength of the World

Chapter 18

"How could he do something like this to us Katie?"
We both knew Matt's dad would be up to something more after we tried to put him in prison the first time. Brian won't let it go that I got stabbed. I don't blame him, but I'm better than ever thanks to him. I still cry with him because I'm so greatful.
"We have to do something about this. He's not getting away with anything. Who knows, next he might attempt to go after Matt."
We had told Matt the incident that happened. He too couldn't believe how his father turned out. A cold-blooded psychotic killer was how he put it. He informed everyone else and alarmed them so they'd stay safe and not go out at night alone. Especially if one of the couples got in a fight, but that rarely EVER happened. The guys delayed the tour for a month to ensure that Matt's father was arrested. Sure enough, the local cops found him at a local bar getting up on some chick. Thankfully, he didn't try to pull anything. They took it he was too drunk to realize what was happening. I wanted to make sure he was locked up good so I went down to the prison and checked up on things. Ha, it made me laugh. I walked in right as he was throwing up in one of those shit holes they call toilets. I got home and saw Brian laying on the couch sleeping with the TV on. He was so adorable curled up in his little bal. I don't blame him for sleeping, this whole 2 weeks has stressed him out. They'd be leaving in about a week and a half to tour for the last month they had. I walked over to Brian's side and ran my fingers through his thin, brown hair and admired his appearance. There was nobody in this world I'd rather come home to. I'd say we're mighty serious right now. No promise rings or anything, just a serious relationship. But I like it that way. I know he loves me, and I love him. Eventually I started to dose off from it being so quiet. (I had already turned off the TV) I needed some sleep too. Crying with Brian always made me tired, I had finally gotten a break. I took a blanket off the chiar and layed it on the floor next to the couch Brian was on. I bent down and kissed Brian lightly on the nose, then the lips and crawled onto the blanket in my own little ball. Hours had passed when I felt someone hovering over me and breathing into my ear. It was only instinct to grab that person's waist and plop them on the floor next to me. But, I was surprised to see it wasn't Brian. Instead, it was Matt. My second love. I just laughed to myself.
"Is there something you'd like Matt? I was having a good nap until you started breathing on me."
"Well sorry little miss tuffet. I just thought I'd check on you two. You wouldn't answer your damn phone and I was worried. Glad to see you're okay. You and Brian looked so cute."
"Thanks hun." I looked up at the empty couch. "Um, where's Brian?"
"Oh uh," Matt hesitated. "He uh, went to...get...some groceries?"
"Groceries?" I knew he made this up.
"Yeah, you know Brian. He loves to cook for you."
That was true, he did love to cook...for me. Maybe he wasn't lying. Oh well.
"So where's the others?" I questioned.
"Well, the girls are with Brian, and all the guys went shopping for new band equipment for the remainder of the tour."
I sighed when he brought up the tour and he caught on.
"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have said anything."
"No it's okay. I mine as well get used to it." I laughed slightly.
"Hey, I'm sure you'll be coming on a few with us. I know damn well Brian won't be able to go long without your puppy love."
I chuckled at his statement and the way he referred it to as puppy love. He was so cute sometimes.
Matt left as soon as the girls walked in the house with Brian. They went to meet up with the guys.
"You girls have to come over sometime. It feels like I haven't talked to any of you in forever!"
"We know, we al miss you. We just need to spend time with the guys, you know. Before they leave and all. We'll have fun when they leave." Jen assured me.
"Yeah, besides, Brian will need to spend time with you tonight won't you Brian?" Nic said.
What are these guys up to?
"Right Nic...now go on...get out of here." Brian gave her a stern look and quickly covered it up.
"Sheesh, you sure wanna get rid of us fast. It's still daylight!" Bridgette yelled as Kameron laughed.
"Yeah yeah, go see what Johnny's doing. Probably shoving Rev's drum stick up his ass." He joked.
"Hey hey, be nice to our lovers!"
"Yeah babe, be nice. What if I said that about you?" I chuckled.
"Oh but you wouldn't because then you'd be punished."
"Oooo should I be scared?" I grinned.
"You wanna find out?"
"WOAH! Okay, we're leaving." Kameron said. I just laughed at her remark. They left as Bridgette rolled her eyes at us and Nic nodded towards us.
"Now, you two behave!" Bridgette ordered.
"Okay...mom." I smiled and she smiled back closing the door behind her. I began to walk to the living room and pick up the blanket on the floor when Brian's firm grasp gripped my wrist. I looked up at him sternly.
"Now, about that punishment."
"Oh no you don't. I'm not giving in THAT easily. How was grocery shopping?"
"And I'm not letting you change the subject. But uh, who said I was grocery shopping?"
I could always twist those things around. Being a Scorpio was a good thing when it came to manipulating people. He was too easy. Plus, I knew Matt was lying when he told me that!
"Matt told me when I woke up."
"Oh, you looked so cute, I just wanted to-ooo-hug you really tight!" I laughed. "But I didn't go 'grocery' shopping exactly. I need to talk to you later on tomorrow about something. It's really important." I nodded knowing tomorrow we both turned 20. (Sorry, I jumped ahead 2 years from chapter 15)
"Only one more year and we're legal age to drink all the alcohol we want. Now we won't have to worry about being caught as minors when Zacky sneaks JD and what not around here."
He was right, we always wanted to drink legally. Being a minor ALWAYS sucks. Tomorrow was a big day for us so we decided to head to bed a little early. I always hated that. I usually had bad nightmares and it was harder for me to sleep the earlier I went to bed. We both climbed in bed with our pajamas on.
"Katie, is everything okay?"
"Yeah...why?"
"Well, I've noticed that the earlier we go to bed, the tighter you hold on to me. Almost like someone's going to come and get you or something."
"I just like being in your arms. And I do have bad dreams at night, but it's nothing to worry about."
"Oh I'm sorry, come here. I love you being in my arms too, love."
He pulled me closer into his chest. I loved it. He was always so warm, like his chest had a fever all the time. I couldn't get enough of it.
"I love you so much Katie, I hope you see that." He whispered half asleep.
"I do Brian, I love you just as much if not more." I kissed him softly upon the lips knowing how tired he was. We both needed a good night's sleep. I felt so safe with him I fell asleep instantly just feeling the warmth of his breath on my forehead. I'll never get sick of this.