Strength of the World

Chapter 19

Today was the big day. Well, one of the coolest. Brian and I were finally turning 20 and had one more year to go until we were actually free to do what we wanted. Of course, I woke up first. Brian was too much of a dead sleeper and it seemed to be worse when we went to bed early. I rolled over to my side and thought about what Brian could possibly be getting me. Then I thought about the gift I got for him. I have to hope he likes it. There's a shadow in my mind that says he won't, but I'm someone that has faith. I heard Brian make movement and I turned to face him. My eyes landed right on those deep chocolate eyes of his. I could've melted right there. There was nothing like waking up to his sweet face. He smiled at me. Damn, he had this little smile that I couldn't resist, I think he knew it too. I laughed as he wrapped his arm around me and started rubbing my back.
"Happy birthday sweetie."
"Happy birthday love." He loved it when I called him that. I did it just to get that cute smile too. It always seemed to work.
"Are you ready for one of the biggest days you'll have until a year from now." I snickered, he was thinking too hard.
"Yes I am, how about you?"
"Definatly. I hope you didn't get me a gift, because I hate them."
I put on a straight face a little worried, but shrugged it off.
"You'll like this one...I hope."
"I'm just kidding, anything you get me is fine. I just don't find it necessary to get a gift from someone that's already given one."
"What?"
"You gave me your heart, that's all I can ask for. There's nothing better." He said carressing my cheek.
"Don't cry, you'll ruin that beautiful face of yours." He wiped a single tear away.
"I love you Syn."
"Ooo someone's in the mood to be a little naughty huh?"
"What on this earth are you talking about Synyster Gates?"
"Oh the full name too! You only call me by my stage name if you're planning on...well...you know." I smirked from that remark. He knows me well, but I'm not going to let him know that.
"Oh no, you have it all wrong. Zacky told me I should call you by your stage name on your birthday because it's extra special for you. Whatever that means."
"Oh yeah he's right. Ha, sorry about that." He got a little upset.
"But, you never know. I might have something up my sleeve saved for you tonight. You never know." I grinned.
"You sly devil."
"I'm going to call the girls over for a while if they're not too busy."
"Okay, but remember, we have plans tonight." I nodded and went downstairs after I kissed him on the lips. I grabbed the phone off the counter and dialed Jimmy's cell.
"Hey little sis."
"Hey Jimmy."
"Is something wrong?"
"No, just wanted to know where the girls were."
"Yeah, they're around. Here's Bridgette."
"Thanks bro."
"I love ya Katie."
"Love you too Jimmy. Now get my sexy thang on the phone." We laughed.
"Hello!?"
"Hey Bridgette!"
"Katie! What's going on!?"
"Nothing much, just wanted to know if you and the girls wanted to come over for a while and chill. Brian has something planned for us tonight so I'm stuck with him later on."
"Awe, isn't that cute!? Umm, let's see. Kameron and Johnny are out at the mall for a bit but they'll be back in like an hour. Johnny said he wanted to buy her clothes. But I don't believe that bullshit." She laughed.
"Well that's fine. I understand. The others around?"
"Yeah, Nic and Zacky are sucking face on the couch. WOULD YOU TWO TAKE A BREATHER!? I'M ON THE PHONE!" She yelled. "Sorry about that. I'm sure they can come along once Kameron and Johnny get back. If I didn't know better, I think Matt and Jen should be at your doorstep any minute."
"Really? Then I better get going. Call me if you guys plan on stopping once Johnny and Kameron get back."
"Sure will, talk to you soon girl."
"Sure will!"
We said bye to each other and hung up. Sure enough, Matt and Jen were outside my door. Do these couples ever take a break? Sheesh, I thought Brian and I making out was something. Ha, but Jen and Matt were too adorable. I opened the door covering my eyes.
"Sure, you two can come right in."
"Oh please, it's nothing you haven't seen before. Not to mention actually doing it." Jen said.
"Yeah, well at least I do it in private."
"Yeah that's probably not all you do." Matt stated. We all just laughed and they came in and plopped themselves on the couch.
"So I'm guessing you called the gang?"
"Damn right, I'm not sitting here while Brian sleeps."
"Well wake him the hell up."
"Jen, he hasn't had a lot of sleep lately and according to him, tonight's a big night."
"Oh fuck that's right! Happy fucking birthday love!" Matt screamed giving me a hug. Jen soon joined in.
"Happy birthday Katie."
"Thanks you guys."
"Hey now, where's my birthday love?" Brian asked groggily coming down the stairs rubbing his eyes.
"Oh baby, I'll give you some love." Matt said walking over to him and pretending to make out with him.
"Oh fuck no! Matt get off." Matt smiled and backed away.
"I'm sure you'll get enough of that from Katie." Jen grinned.
"Hey hey, I bet I do." Brian said raising his eyebrow.
"Now come on, I thought by the time I turned 15 people would stop making fun of me on my brithday." I said.
"We're not making fun of you, we're just stating the facts." Matt said as Jen finished. I rolled my eyes right before the phone rang. I raced to it but instead landed on the floor after hitting Brian.
"Hello?" He answered the phone laughing at me. He helped me up lipping an 'I love you'. I just smiled.
"Oh yeah guys, what's up?"
"Nothing really, Katie asked if we wanted to come over once we got home and Bridgette told me I should call her up." Kameron told him.
"Oh no, Katie didn't do that. She was in bed with me the whole morning."
"BRIAN, QUIT BEING A LIAR AND GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE!" I yelled from the living room. He snickered and handed it to me.
"Hey Kameron, what's up?"
"Nothing. Um, we have something planned over here, everyone's here so if you and Brian want to come over with the other two lovebirds, that'd be awesome."
"Okay, what do we have planned?"
"Oh uh...nothing. You'll see when you get here." With that she hung up. Hmm...that was a little weird.
"Guys, we gotta go over to Jimmy's."
"Oh that's right! We almost forgot." Jen replied.
"Oh? Well what's goin on?" Brian and I both asked.
"Let's go!" They yelled walking out the door. Brian and I followed and got in our own cars following Jen and Matt to Jimmy's.
They raced into the house and left us walking in by ourselves.
"Is it just me, or is everyone acting really weird today?" Brian asked.
"Oh it's definatly not you, I have the same feeling." We walked up to the door and knocked. Weird. Nobody was answering. What the hell is going on? I'm ready to kick some ass now. Brian looked at me as I stared at the door. He signaled me to open the door as he stepped in front of me.
"HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!" Everyone screamed.
"Holy shit! You guys are fucking assholes! You scared the living shit out of me!"
"Calm down, love." Brian said.
"What? You weren't scared or surprised?"
"Nope, I already knew about this."
"WHAT!? You jackass! I love you."
"I love you too. Now let's party!" We ran in the house with the music blasting and the first place I headed was to Zacky. I knew he'd have a JD for me. How disturbing, Nic and Zack grinding right in front of me. Ah well, it was still cute. They were both at least buzzed, if not drunk. I laughed.
"Zack! Where's the JD!" I screamed over the music. My lungs felt like I was at a rock show. I loved it.
"It's over..uh...there." He pointed to the closet. Alright, he was drunk.
"No, it's over by Johnny." Nic informed me. She was only buzzed, but on the verge of drunk. She continued to grind with Zacky. I walked over to Johnny. I swear to god, this was an X rated party with only us girls and the guys of Avenged Sevenfold. No others were here, we liked it that way. Johnny and Kameron were practically having sex on the couch. Yikes, I wasn't even going to bother asking, I knew they were fully loaded with alcohol. Hell, it was a party! I knew I'd soon be one to joining when I bent down and grabbed two JDs. I glanced over at Matt, Jen, Bridgette, and Jimmy. They were all chatting and practically falling over. This is the stuff I loved to see. Wow. Jimmy and Bridgette headed over towards the stairs. I assume to get to the bedroom. Jimmy was sliding against the wall so he wouldn't fall over and Bridgette was missing a few steps. I laughed and watched Matt and Jen as they shared body shots of Tequilla. To me, this was a mini Las Vegas without strippers. How awesome was this? Brian came up behind me and took me by surprise.
"So you ready to get buzzed?"
"Buzzed? You don't wanna get drunk?" I asked him, his body swaying with mine to the music.
"No, I don't wanna have a major hangover for later you know?"
"You're right, we'll save that for later." I giggled and handed him the JD.
"Now we can only have two each, I don't want us flopping all over the place and end up having slobbery sex like some people I know." He stated referring to Jimmy and Bridgette.
"Hey, it could get worse. The rest of the gang were getting it on too." I laughed. The next 4 hours were spent partying, making out, and chatting with a couple of drunks! Brian and I enjoyed every minute wishing we could get dunk, but we wanted to have a nice time later on too. We both said our 'goodbyes' to everyone (not that they knew it, too drunk) and we left for home. We were so tired from dancing and getting buzzed that Brian picked me up on his back and carried me to our bedroom so we could take a nap. We hit the bed with a PLUNK. Time for a nap.
"I love you Katie, that was fun. But it will get better."
"I love you too Brian, and yes it was fun, thanks. Remind me to thank the guys later."
"Yeah, maybe tomorrow after their hangovers." We laughed and fell asleep in each others arms with ringing in our ears.