Strength of the World

Chapter 2

So it was the end of the day, and I couldn't find Brian anywhere. For that reason, I decided to search for Zacky, Johnny, and Matt seeing they're ALWAYS together. I swear, you can't split them up. I wondered the halls until I reached the last one. The only dark hallway that was always deserted. I looked down the narrow hall and noticed to figures up against a few of the lockers. They were so close, it looked as if it was one person. I swear, if I wasn't there, they would've had sex right there.

I kept walking towards them until I noticed Brian in his hat kissing another girl. I nearly shattered to pieces right there. Sure, I wasn't dating him or anything, for all I know...we're not even considered friends yet. He hardly knows me. I couldn't get too upset, he doesn't know I like him. I tried to walk away unnoticed until Brian shot a glance at me. He looked shocked but acted upon it cooly.
"Sorry, I was just going to get something out of my locker." I stated as I tried to scurry away.
"Katie, come back over here."
"Uh, I don't think that'd be right Brian. I'm not into the whole threesome thing." I stated coldly.
He smiled an evil grin and just blew off the chick that was up against the locker. She was kind of annoyed and walked away.
"So who's your girlfriend Brian?"
"Girlfriend!? Haha..no, she was just some chick."
"Oh, I see...so what if I were to do this," At that, I grabbed Brian by the arm and spun him around causing him to crash against the locker. I got about 2 inches from his face.
"Wow, so forceful...but I like it." Brian grinned.
"Oh yeah? Well..." I leaned in closer to him. Now only centimeters away from his lips.
"I'm not that easy." I said as I pulled away to go find the rest of the guys.

::Brian's POV::
Damn, I wanted to kiss her so badly. I honestly didn't think she was that easy, but she looked as if she was actually gonna kiss me. I've liked Katie since about a year ago. I don't know how she feels about me, but I know how I feel about her. I just want to tell her. That's why I asked her over today. I just don't feel I have the courage after what just happened. What she saw might have pissed her off. But she probably doesn't even like me so I don't think that matters. I guess we'll see what happens.

::Katie's POV::
Wow, that was intense. I didn't even think I had the balls to do that. I wanted him so badly and he doesn't even know. What if he's the type of guy that just uses girls for sex? Wow, that'd suck. Jeepers, I can't find the guys anywhere and Brian won't even help. I wonder if he's upset with me.

::Normal::
I continued to search for the guys and couldn't find them. Was this a setup? Just then, arms wrapped around my slender body and I thought it might have been Jimmy. He likes to play tricks on me. I turned around and slapped him across the stomach.
"Ouch, damn you have an arm!"
"Oh my god I'm sorry Brian. I thought you were Jimmy!"
"It's alright. So you always treat your brother like that?" He laughed. "I'm only kidding."
I gave him a death glare and started to laugh. He was so strong, but so gentle.
"So are we going over to your house or was that a setup?" I asked.
"A setup!? How could you think that? I came up to you so I could give you a ride. We could go pick up Jimmy too."
"Oh, well that's fine. I was just thinking this was all a lie because I can't find the guys anywhere."
"Oh, they're all 'girl scouting' (hint hint girls). They get lonely and they're mad that I found a hot chick to come with me to band practice."
"Haha, that's funny. You don't even know me Brian."
"That's what you think." He mumbled under his breath just enough for me to hear him. He looked a little sad.
"What was that Brian? I mean, I heard you but what was that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing, uh, let's go. Jimmy's going to get mad if we're late."
We walked out to the car and pulled into the driveway to pick up Jimmy. We got to Brian's and the rest of the guys were there ready for practice. Brian and Jimmy got out of the car and helped me out. But as I stood up, Brian gave me this look. Like he wanted to tell me something, but I couldn't tell what it was. I was completely oblivious so I just let it go.

::Brian's POV::
If only she knew how I felt for her. Why am I wasting all this time getting to know her. I know everything about her! Jimmy tells me everything I want to know. Why can't I just ask her out on a date alone so we can talk, and maybe I could ask her to be my undying love. Oh god, forget it. She'd never love me the way I love her. I'm just a guy in a band that she probably thinks uses chicks for sex. But I don't. That's more of Zacky's style. Haha. Nah, he cares too..just has nobody to care for. I'd never hurt Katie if she only knew how I felt.

::Normal::
I heard Brian snicker a little to himself. Almost as if he were thinking of something out of the ordinary. Zacky looked up at him and noticed Brian staring at him.
"You got a problem Syn?" He smiled.
"Oh, uh, of course not." Brian stated.
He looked as if he just came out of a trance or something. The he glanced at me and I blushed. He gave me a quick smile and Matt started the band practice. Brian seemed a little off and I knew something was wrong. I may not know him THAT well, but I know him enough to know when something's wrong. The band practice was over and everyone was leaving. But I decided to stay and talk to Brian while Jimmy left for home. We sat on the couch in the garage and just stared at nothing for a minute.
"Katie, I need to tell you something..."