Strength of the World

Chapter 20

As usual, I was the first to wake up in the morning. I'm sure the others were having a delightful time trying to deal with their hangovers. Hopefully nobody would argue due to the headaches. I know how it is. I couldn't help but stare at Brian's angelic face. He always looked so innocent when he was asleep. Then again, looks can be deceiving. He had a tendency to 'fake' sleep, and usually I fell for it. Maybe not this time though. I ran my index finger down his jawline and raised his chin lightly so I could kiss his lips. With that, I attempted to get up from our bed and head to the shower. Right as I was about to stand up completely straight, I flew back onto the bed. Damn, he was good at fooling me.
"Fake sleeping again babe?"
"Of course, I just remember you yesterday morning calling me my stage name. You wanted to be naughty."
"Yes, but I also told you that you were going to have to wait."
"But that was last night."
"Last night wasn't THE big night. It was the party, which was one of the coolest things to ever happen to me. Speaking of that, I need to call the guys and thank them. So if you don't mind, I'd love to take a shower before I do that."
"But-but, I wanna be naughty." He whimpered. "Please, I wanna make love to you!" He said seriously.
I liked it that he didn't call it 'sex'. Usually, sex meant nothing. He referred to it as 'making love'. I knew he loved me, but I never thought he'd wanna keep me. Hm...he's sweeter than I thought.
"Well, SYNYSTER GATES, maybe if we plan on that special night tonight, you won't have to wait any longer." I whispered seductively into his ear. "How do you like that?" I asked kissing his neck. He let out a small moan, but it was audible.
"Now now, no being a tease early in the morning."
"Babe, it's not early. It's fucking two in the afternoon." I smiled. "I'm going to take my shower. Either you want to stay here and sleep, or you're coming in with me."
"Damn you, I'd go in with you but you already got me worked up, no need to make that any worse."
"Yeah, I spose I can save that for later." I said evilly. I got fresh clothes from the dresser and watched Brian fall back asleep before I shut the door to the bathroom. He was just too adorable. That little baby face he has just makes me smile every time. I finished my shower and put on my make up. Eyeliner, masscara, eyeshadow, and that's really all it took. I just liked accenting my eyes to bring them out more. Brian could never clearly identify the color. He always put it as a mix of blue, green, and gray. More of a greenish though. He hated when people called it hazel, because that wasn't the color. I put on tight blue jeans that were torn and tattered along with a tighter shirt that was black and had Brandon Lee's face in red (he's from The Crow...duh). I topped it all of with my famous Chuck Taylors and a red studded belt. Just a few of my favorite accessories. I walked out of the bathroom and looked to see Brian was out of bed. I walked out of our bedroom and stepped on something that crunched. I looked down and saw a rose petal, black to be exact. I stared down the hallway and noticed them trailing to the steps. I followed and met with Brian at a candlelit table in the living room.
"Brian, what's this?"
"Katie, I wanted to set something special up for tonight. I know it's the afternoon, but I thought this would be a good way to start our day off." I just smiled at him, he was such a romantic.
"This is so sweet baby. How did you get black roses?"
"Oh I didn't. I had these roses hidden in the closet for some time and pretty much murdered them so the petals would turn black. I thought it was something you'd be into."
"Definatly. I loved that idea. Awesome." I laughed at the word 'murdered'. He was so funny.
"So uh, will you sit with me? I need to talk to you about later on." He held out his hand like a gentlemen. Something's up. I grabbed his hand with a nod and sat next to him on the couch.
"I want you to remember this setting for me. Can you do that?"
"Yes, but why? Is something wrong?"
"No, I just want you to remember this. This isn't something I'd do for just anyone. You're special to me, and I don't want you to forget me." Is that what he's afraid of?
"Brian," I cupped his face in my hands as a tear fell from his eye. "I will NEVER forget a thing you do for me. I won't forget a moment we share. Most importantly, I'm not going to forget you. I don't want you to worry about such a thing, it's nonsense. You know I love you to the last breath of air I take." He looked into my eyes and cried even harder.
"You deserve better than this Katie. I would never hurt you in any way, never. I'm just afraid I won't be able to show my love the way I want."
"Babe, you're doing great. Nobody's ever treated me like I was a queen. You're everything to me. The only person that could come close to you is Jimmy and that's because he's my brother." I started to cry along with him.
"I know, I just don't know why I can't see it. I'm sorry, don't cry. I don't even understand why I'm crying. I just don't want you to think I'm someone I'm not."
"I don't. And don't be sorry." I embraced him in a tight hug and let him cry on my lap. I didn't know what to do. I don't want to see him like this. He thinks I deserve better. There is no one better. A few hours later after Brian's nap, he realized it was night time and he wanted to take me out. He got up off my lap lightly thinking I was asleep.
"How was your nap?" He jumped.
"Oh, I didn't know you were awake. It was alright actually. I'm sorry ab-" I stopped him before he could finish.
"Don't be sorry. You wanted to let it out, and I'm glad you did. I like the sensative Brian. You're not afraid to cry."
"Wow. Understanding too. Aren't I lucky?" He smiled that million dollar smile.
"I should be asking you that."
"You want to go? It's already late enough." I smirked.
"It's 8:00 honey. We have time, and yes. I'd love to go. Do I need to change?"
"No, I want this to be perfect, and what you're wearing is just fine." He replied. I looked down at what I was wearing. Were we going to a concert? Ha...

We drove a ways from where we lived as we both sang to the radio. We were a pretty good singing couple I must say. He stopped at what I was guessing a few blocks away from his destination. Brian covered my eyes with his bandana.
"I don't want you peeking until we get there."
"Um, alright?" I stated a little hesitant as he led me out of the car. About 10 minutes of walking was all it took and he untied the bandana from my eyes. But, being the person I am, I kept my eyes closed. I didn't want to ruin it.
"Damn, what am I gonna do with this?"
"Wrap it around your neck Brian." I laughed.
"Oo smart." I rolled my eyes inside of my eyelids. (Yes, it's possible, but feels weird)
"You know, you can open your eyes."
"I don't wanna ruin it."
"But this is something you want to see." I just sighed and opened my eyes. There it was, that trail of black rose petals, leading to the park we first made out. I looked at him in disbelief. Nobody ever remembered things like this. He led me farther down as I started to see a glow in the ditance. We got closer and he quickly covered my eyes.
"HEY! It was just getting good!" I screeched.
"Yes, which is why I did this. You don't wanna ruin it, and niether do I." I giggled after he said that. We walked right to a certain point and he motioned me to sit. I felt around me and felt the traditional blanket. What was this?
"Open." He stated simply. With that I opened my eyes and there were those candles lit to the tip, wax melting on the sides. Brian sat across from me. A feeling. Speechless.
"Oh baby, this is gorgeous." Another tear fell. This was an emotional day. Interesting.
"I wanted you to remember earlier today for this simple purpose. There's something I want you to know, something I want to ask." I couldn't speak. I let him finish as I stared at the candlelight. He scooted closer to me and stopped directly in front of me. He took my hands that were covering my open mouth, still from shock of beauty. I turned to face him holding my hands in his warmth.
"God, you're beautiful." He whispered lightly. I dropped my head to stare at the ground. He lifted my chin with a free hand and then placed it back in mine.
"I can't tell you how much you mean to me. For that I'm sorry. But there is one thing I can tell you for a certain. I love you Katie. There's no doubt in my mind, heart, and soul. You're everything I've ever wanted. With that said, I want you to know that I want you in my sight everyday for the rest of my mortal being. Forever only lasts so long, but until it ends, I want you there to share it with me." I started sobbing quietly. He was nothing short of everything.
"I have the same feelings for you Brian. I got you something for your birthday I want you to have."
"So do I."
"Close your eyes." We both said in unison. We laughed for a second and he closed his eyes followed by mine. I searched in my pocket for what I was looking for and I took it out.
"Brian, without looking, hold out your left hand." He did as was told. How did I know with my eyes closed? Simple. He was so close to me, I could feel the slight breeze that blew by. I felt for his hand and held it in my left.
"Perfect, you gave me your left without me even asking." He said.
"Are your eyes closed?" I asked him worried.
"Yes, are yours?"
"Yes."
"Good." We both said at once. This is a little awkward.
"Now, on the count of three, open your eyes." I told him.
"Same for you." He informed me.
"One..."
"Two..." He added. With that, we both opened our eyes slowly to reveal something so bazarre. We both held rings in our right hands. WHAT!?
"Katie, what is this?"
"I should be asking you that."
"Apparently, this worked out for the both of us. We got each other the same birthday gift without each other knowing." He laughed.
"Well, I guess we don't really have to question this one." I finished.
"There's one more thing that would make this even more special than it already is."
"And what's that Brian?"
"Intertwine your right arm with my right behind the candle and place your left hand in mine." I did as I was told. He was unique.
"With this, let our love burn on forever." He whispered. I knew what he was getting at. We both placed each other's ring over the candle and held it there to burn until our fingers burnt just a little. Our arms were released from each others and we placed the rings on our ring fingers as they were still burning. Brian and I winced in the short pain that went along with it.
"This is for all the burns of pain in our relationship that we'll receive, and the passion that burns throughout it." We both shed tears.
"Will you promise to be mine Katie?"
"Only if you promise to be mine." I sobbed in happiness.
"Always." We whispered together. He leaned in and kissed me gently on the lips and carressed my decorated left hand.
"I love you."
"I love you too Brian."