Strength of the World

Chapter 23

The feeling of comfort washed over me. Waking up next to Brian was something I couldn't explain. The feeling I got knowing he was there, knowing someone actually loved me was...something I've longed for. I felt so protected in the embrace of his strong arms, his head still resting on my chest. He hasn't moved an inch since last night. I wouldn't dare try and move and wake him up from is angelic sleep. Besides, we were both worn out from last night, but I loved being weak with Brian. He was all to perfect. I carressed his cheek and moved the strands of hair from his face, just like I did the previous night. I had a strong feeling he was having a good dream. It's odd when you notice your boyfriend smiling wide in his sleep. I had to smile at how cute he was. Brian wiggled a little and slowly opened his eyes with a yawn to follow. time to play his little game. I could feel the bed shift and quiver from his stretching. I peaked through my eyelids and saw him rubbing his sleepy eyes. His head turned towards the wall so I quickly tightened my eyes shut and kept the straightest face, hoping it wouldn't be too obvious. Brian crawled over to me slowly and just sat there for a moment. I felt his breath on my neck and knew I'd crack if he didn't say something.
"My beautiful love, so sweet and innocent." Whew, that's a relief...I almost cracked.
"Well, at least you weren't too innocent last night." He finished. I knew that goofy smile crept on his lips, I just knew it. Awe, I wanted those lips! Almost as if he could hear my thoughts, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine gently, yet forcefully. I think he's catching on. I know what was coming, he wante to know if I was indeed faking. Being so sly, Brian traced my lower lip with his sweet tongue, waiting for a response to enter. He never did anything against my will. He never forced me either. I didn't want to give it away. Why was he so sneaky and evil? That's my job, but I coiuld never think of an idea so smart! Looks like he was playing my manipulation game. Grr. I groaned in my throat as that smile of his grew wider. Yup...he knew alright. Once more , he traced my bottom lip. Now that I knew he knew I was awake, I joined in and gave him what we both wanted. Five minutes passed of passion and I lightly pushed him off of me.
"I knew you were awake! You can't fool the master at his own game." I smiled at him.
"I don't know what you're talking about." He just rolled his eyes and questioned me.
"What's wrong Katie? You pulled away."
"No, nothing. I just didn't want this to turn into another sex moment. You haven't done anything to be punished...yet." I explained grinning.
"That's true. But I do remember punishing you for some of that time babe."
"Of course you got your share."
"Yes, well I need a shower anyway. Would you like to take one with me?" He asked raising his eyebrows, practically begging.
"I'd love to, but I'm too tired to get up. I'm sorry baby." He sighed.
"It's alright, go back to sleep." Brian kissed my forehead like the sweetheart he is. Both of us were slightly disappointed. He rolled over me to get up and I turned my back to face the wall, but I wasn't going to be able to sleep. After a few minutes passed, I listened for the shower water. Nothing, weird. He was already undressed, it should've only taken seconds. What's up with that? Then the mystery was solved. Two strong hands were tucking themselves under my knees and behind my neck. Chills ran down my spine, they were cold and I wasn't dressed.
"Brian, what are you doing?" He picked me all the way up.
"If you're not going to be able to walk over to the bathroom by yourself, I figured I'd lend you a hand...or two. I want you to take a shower with me." He pouted. I just sighed in defeat. I wanted that shower too.
"Well thank you Syn."
"Now don't you start that shit on me, you'll make me fall and drop you."
"Sorry babe." I kissed his nose before he set me down on the ground.
"What did you do to me? I'm like Jell-O!"
"Ooo what flavor!?"
"Hmm...I'd say...grape."
"Hey, I love grape. Tastes good." Brian told me, his eyebrows jumping up and down. We took our shower, taking turns washing each other's hair and occasionally having a 'bubble fight'. We both got dressed in what ever we felt like wearing.
"You think we should call the guys over today?"
"If you want, doesn't matter to me. I'm sure they'd love to. They haven't seen us in a while." He said kissing me, putting on his belt.
"I'll go call them. They need some company."
"Well, why don't we go over to Zacky's house this time?" He asked.
"Sure...I hope he doesn't mind." I walked downstairs and snatched the phone from the charger and dialed Zacky's number. Nobody answered.
Hmm...that's weird. Maybe he's at Johnny's. I called Johnny, then Jimmy, then Matt. Nobody answered at any of the houses. Sheesh, was everyone alright? Not even the girls answered. Then the doorbell ring. I'm pretty sure that was going to answer everything. Sure enough, there they were.
"Where the hell were all of you? I called the guys at home and none of you answered."
"I should be asking you that." Jen said.
"What are you talking about?"
"What happened yesterday? All I know is we were heading home from here. We all made it to the car...and crashed. We never drove away I'm guessing seeing we're all still here?"
I started laughing hysterically. "Got that right. Damn...you all had BAD hangovers. How long did you all stay after we left that damn party?"
"Well, I'm pretty sure nobody's going to remember that Katie." Bridgette added, Kameron by her side. Jen walked over to Nic as she made out with Zacky. I knew they'd remember today.
"I guess it doesn't matter. You guys wanna go over to one of your house's?" I asked nobody in particular. I hugged the girls and Jimmy approached me.
"Yeah, we can all chill at Zacky's after we get dressed. If you haven't noticed, we're still in the same alcohol stained clothes as yesterday." I snickered and Brian walked out.
"Holy fuck, who was trying to rape my girlfriend!?" He asked joking.
"Well, Jimmy said he would've if he wasn't my big bro." I added.
"Oh Katie, don't even go there." Jimmy replied. We all just laughed together.
"So, uh...we need to talk over at my place." Zacky said seriously. I think something's wrong.
"Alright, we're all ready. We'll all be over in an hour. That gives everyone time to change and shower." I said. Everyone said their 'laters' and took off for home. Brian and I just chilled on the couch and listened to music. I wondered what Zacky meant when he said we all needed to talk. It kind of scared me really. It's not often you find Zacky being serious.
"You ready to go?" Brian asked. I just sat there in a daze.
"Katie?" He waved his hand in front of my face. I just turned my head and stared at him.
"Woah, enough with the alien face. What Resident Evil zombie got to you this time?"
"Sorry...just thinking."
"What about?"
"What Zacky was talking about. He's never that serious."
"Uh, let's just go Katie. I have a feeling we should be there by now."
Okay, he was acting extra strange today. But he's like that sometimes...I guess. We pulled up to Zackles house (Haha..pet name, please don't steal). Brian got out instantly after turning off the engine, I just sat there. I guess you could say I was frozen.
"Katie come on, I know what's going on. It's nothing serious."
"Suuure. Kinda like our birthday party?" I smiled.
"Just come on love, it'll be fine."
We walked into the house and everyone sat around in the living room...like they were waiting for us. Was this a setup meeting? Yikes. Brian and I joined the gang.
"Katie, Brian know's what's goin on. And we wanted to fill you in. We don't want to keep this from you." Nic informed me.
"Okay..." My heart started racing.
"We're all going on seperate vacations to get away from everything." Bridgette chimed in.
"There's two tickets left. One for you and Brian. We want you to have them, have a good time, you know?" Kameron added, my head shifting from person to person.
"Well, that's very thoughtful of you guys. We don't have that kind of money. You guys took off your last tour completely."
"Yeah, but we're not a 'big' band yet and they can go without us...for now. Uh, but the trip is all paid for. We just need to step on that plane." Jen said.
"A plane? Where to?"
"Where else? Jamaica baby!" Johnny yelped.
"So this is what you called me here for huh Zackles?" I laughed.
"That's right. Got you with my serious face didn't I?"
"Sure did, how did you pull that off?"
"Well you know me. I'm never serious, so when I give people that look, their hearts instantly drop thinking something is really wrong." He grinned. "I'm good."
"Yeah you are." Nic replied.
"Oh boy. So guys, are you in?" Jimmy asked.
"I am, what about you Katie?" I looked at Brian. I'd go anywhere with him in a romantic place...especially if it was free!
"Hell yes!" I screamed.
"Then it's on! We leave tomorrow!" Matt jumped up and started dancing, but seeing he's so tall he hit his head on the ceiling.
"Damn...that hurts." He said rubbing the top of his head. Jen comforted him. We sat at the house with the guys for a while. I have a feeling there's a catch to all this, but since they didn't say anything I just let it go. The girls seemed excited. Brian and all the rest of us figured we should start packing for the EARLY plane flight tomorrow morning. I'm not going to want to get up. Everyone drove him with the exception of Nic and Zacky, obviously.
We arrived home and I sleepily made my way to the steps. When I got to the door, I collapsed.
"Babe are you alright!?" Brian ran to me from the car.
"Woopsie daisies. Don't worry, I'm fine. Just a little tired is all."
"You sure?"
"Positive love." I said laughing, I used to do that all the time. Either that or tripping on one of the steps..it was completely normal for me. Brian opened the door for me and grabbed me by the arm to help me inside.
"Baby it's okay, I'm perfectly fine. I won't break...I promise." I told him smiling.
"I'm sorry, I'm not used to seeing you fall." We walked in the house and up to our room. I just wanted to start packing. Both of us packed our clothes and everything we needed. In between stuffing stuff in our suitcases, Brian would throw articles of my clothing at me. So I returned the favor. My side was overflowing with clothes so I decided to hide.
"What the hell? How did you fit in there?" Brian asked as I closed the zipper to the suitcase, me being inside of it.
"You're going to bombard me with all your clothes and I'm going to get buried!" I yelled.
"Come out of there before I decide to leave you inside of that thing."
"You wouldn't."
"Oh I would babe. It gives me more room to sleep."
"FINE! Then I'll stay in here!"
"Babe, I'm only kidding. I can't sleep without you! You're too cozy and I love sprawling myself over you and you waking me up gently in the morning. Please come out." I unzipped the zipper to reveal me curled up in a ball.
"What if I don't step out of this thing?"
"Then I'm going to have to carry you out." I stepped out smiling. I walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek and then on the nose. He kissed my neck. Once we finished packing, we headed to bed.
"Man, I can't wait until this trip. I'm glad you all thought of this Brian."
"Me too, it's been so long since you and I partied or had enough fun time someplace quiet and away from everyone."
"Yeah, I miss my sweet JD."
"And I miss my vodka. It should be fun getting drunk with you babe." He bragged.
"Well, I guess you'll find out. So is everyone else like in seperate rooms or what?"
"Yeah, we all wanted peace and not to be interrupted. This trip is for all of us, but basically to be alone. We'll all be together, we just won't see each other, you know?"
"Yeah, I like that. That's an awesome idea. That way I won't get lonely without all of them. I'll know they're there and I'm sure we'll see them around either partying with them all or swimming. Whatever..."
"Yup, we definatly have to party with them. We need to get loose and drunk all together. Wouldn't be the same without them." He added and I just nodded along with him.
"I love you..." He trailed off. He was almost asleep. I kissed him softly on the lips.
"We're going to have fun...alone Brian. I love you. Now go to sleep." He drifted off in a dreamy sleep and his breathing was steady. I couldn't wait until the plane ride to Jamaica tomorrow. A whole 3 weeks alone with the love of my life.