Strength of the World

Chapter 25

The next thing I knew, the alarm clock was going off. It only seemed like a few minutes! I guess time flies when you're really tired. Poor Brian looked so comfortable, I'd hate to wake him. But we have to get to the airport. Besides, it took another hour and a half or so to get there. I figured I'd help him out and save him the trouble so he could sleep in the car until we got there. I stayed in the clothes I changed into from after the beach and took our suitcases out to the car. It only took three trips and they just fit into the backseat. Now the hard part came. Getting Brian up to walk downstairs and outside to the car. I opened the bedroom door and wasted no time crossing to Brian's side of the bed. I sat on the edge and bent down to his ear. I whispered his name and saw him fidget. He must not be in a deep sleep. I'm guessing he cried a while before he dozed off, seeing his face is still tear stained. I gently wiped the stains from his fragile skin. Faintly, but audible, I heard him mutter my name. Not long after that, he opened his blood-shot eyes.
"Babe, it's time to go to the airport. All the bags are packed and you can sleep in the car on the way there." He nodded slowly and without objection, arose. I knew how tired he was and draped his arm across my shoulders to help carry his weight. Brian's a heavier one, but in a good way of course. We got about halfway down the hall when he slowly began to stop shuffling his feet to help me drag him along. He then began to snore. Uh oh.
"Brian!" I screeched. But it was too late, we landed smack dab on the hallway floor, me under him.
"Wha-what happened?" He mumbled rubbing his eyes.
"Oh nothing, I just have a giant bear suffocating me is all." He laughed a little.
"Oh sorry babe, didn't notice I fell asleep."
"Obviously," I rolled my eyes and stood up.
"You're lucky we weren't by the steps. I'd kill you...if you didn't kill me first." I smiled. Five minutes and a few stumbles here-and-there later, I had successfully buckled Brian in the front seat of the car. The guys had already agreed to meet up with us before boarding the plane. I kissed Brian on the cheek and he smiled that goofy smile. I ran to the other side and buckled myself in the driver's seat. This would be a long drive, but I'd get my sleep on the plane. Turning up the radio would be easy, Brian can't hear through his snores anyway. Thank god he only snores when he's extremely tired and really stressed, otherwise he goes to bed not making a sound. If it weren't for his arms draped around my waist every night, I could swear I was alone. I heard a few good songs on the way and ended up singing along. HIM's 'Join Me In Death' was one of my favorites. I put my hand on Brian's knee for this one and ran it up and down a few times. This was one of my main funeral songs. Weird that I think of that stuff now, I know. Brian knows it is too...he thinks it's awesome that I know what I want after death. Ha. That made me laugh every time. Then there were songs that I could KILL and they managed to get stuck in my head because of the annoying buzzing sound each singer's voice made. Ugh. It was like my brain was some kind of magnetic field for gay motherfucking songs that should NOT be played on a HARDCORE ROCK station! Gah...

We got to the airport right on time. No offense to the group U2...but I can't stand them if my life depended on it. Ugh. I shut off the engine and gave my keys to that weird dude.
"You crash this car, I'll crash your face." I smiled at him sarcastically, but I meant what I said. I walked over to the other side of my car while the guys took our luggage to the belt conveyer thingy to get checked. I shook Brian, I wasn't in the mood.
"Brian baby-"
"Yeah, I'm awake love." He mumbled, opening his eyes.
"Sorry about before at the house too." He giggled.
"Yeah, let's just go. I wanna sleep."
"Oh, I'm sorry Katie. I should've known." We walked to the place where we boarded the flight and handed our tickets to one of the chicks. My cell rang. It was Johnny, they were already on the plane so I'm guessing we won't be seated by them.
"It was Johnny, they're on the plane." Brian nodded and we walked to the plane. As soon as we boarded, we searched for seats. There in the back were two open ones. Brian snatched my arm and jerked me towards him so we could sit in them before someone else.
"Awe, you guys are going way back there?" Nic stared at me with Zacky resting on her shoulder. I looked around and saw the rest of the crew. We all waved to each other.
"You didn't save them a seat. What could they do? Besides, they're only a few spots in front of us." Kameron explained to Nic as she nodded in agreement.
"It's alright, the flight will have me asleep most of the time anyway." I told her and we smiled.
"Have fun guys." Brian and I took the two seats in the back and I sat by the window. He places his hand on my thigh and rubbed it up and down. I put my hand on top of his and smiled to myself as I stared out the window.
"I love you Katie." I turned my head.
"I love you."
"I can tell you're tired. Hell, you had to put up with me. You should sleep."
"Shit, you snore so loud babe. I NEED to sleep!" I smiled, teasing him.
"Hey, I do NOT snore...loud." He said, trying to hide his embarrassment.
"No need to be ashamed, I still love you." He kissed my nose and I leaned my head on his shoulder. The plane took off and soon turbulance hit. I was practically cutting all ciculation from Brian's wrist, I told him I hated planes. He clenched my hand to assure me it was alright. Finally, the ride went easy, and so did my grip on Brian's wrist as the color came back to it. Ha. I was at peace for sometime and put my headphones on, falling asleep to the Deftones on Brian's soft shoulder.

"Baby, wake up." I grumbled. It felt like I JUST got to sleep. Damnit.
"Baby, we're here." I nodded.
"Come on, we've gotta go put our luggage in the hotel. Katie...wake up love!" Jimmy and Zacky screeched. I automatically jumped up.
"Alright alright you little fuckers. I'm fucking awake. Shit." I rubbed my eyes and saw all our luggage in their hands already.
"Matt and Jen are gonna get first dibs on the coolest rooms. Let's go!" Zacky whined.
"Alright, let's go." I was all of a sudden full of adrenaline. I wanted a nice, romantic time with Brian. We needed a cool room. Zacky overloaded on his makeup bag, so he was a ways behind...as usual. All the girls were waiting outside their hotel rooms when we finally arrived.
"Don't worry Katie. To make up for not saving you a seat on the plane, we made sure that we saved you and Brian one of the best rooms." Bridgette assured me.
"Yeah, Jen and Matt are ALL the way down the hall. They'll be busy...I'm sure. Kameron giggled. Nic and Zacky approached and immediatly entered their room, making out of course. They got a headstart on the vacation earlier than I thought they would.
"Do not disturb!" Kameron joked. Brian and I laughed with Jimmy, Johnny, and the girls.
"Well, we'll be downstairs." Brian stated.
"Yeah, we want privacy too." Jimmy said, the others nodding. I hugged Jimmy before we all went to our seperate rooms. I had to make him feel special, he is my brother and I never give him hugs like I should. Brian started unpacking his stuff when we got into our room. I just stood by the window, staring out at the view. Noise stopped, and Brian's hands crawled up my shirt to my stomach from behind me.
"It's so gorgeous here Brian. Thank you, I appreciate what you do for me. Before this, Jimmy and I had nothing." He nibbled on my ear and sucked on my neck from behind.
"Mhmmm..." He stopped for a moment.
"You're welcome." He finished, smiling against my skin. I clutched his intertwined fingers that were now grasping my body. I loved the way he held me, almost like I was going to die at that very moment, and he needed me.
"This is nice being all alone, away from the city...far away." He told me, staring at the ocean before us that was past the glass window.
"Sure is." I added smiling. I've never seen anything like this. But, Brian's gentle appearance interested me more and I knew it. He was the most gorgeous thing of all. I turned, still in his hold, and faced him. I stared into his eyes. He was intimidating, but not to me. He was the most gentle person I knew and he was nothing short of everything. He stared back at me, confused. Silence.
"What?" He asked in a whisper.
"Nothing really. Just thinking that I can't be any luckier than I am at this very moment. I love being with you, when you hold me. It's all overwhelming. In the good way of course." Reaction? He smiled that goofy grin that maked me laugh every time. God, I'd fucking take a bullet for Brian. He then sighed.
"You know I feel EXACTLY the same...I'd take a bullet for you Katie." Holy shit. What the fuck is going on? I laughed to myself. Is it me, or is he seriously reading my thoughts? Maybe it's just a coinsidence...or I need to be put in a psych ward. But, this is the second time it's happened! Yikes, maybe great minds really DO think alike.
"So what do you wanna do first?" He asked staring down at me.
"Oh I don't know Syn, the world is full of surprises." I grinned.
"Ooo, stage name. I sense punishment?" He questioned as he smirked. I unwrapped his hands from my waist and took hold of his wrists. Walking backwards towards the bed, I dragged him along until his back was firmly pressed onto the bed. I soon followed, only I ended on top of his fit body.
"I take that as a yes, and seeing that I'm the one under you, I was the one that did something to be punished. What is it?" He asked cluelessly...but in a cute way. Honestly, I just wanted him for myself. Then again, he wasn't being too fair this morning.
"Well my love, you were the one that toppled over me this morning and I STILL had to drive while listeing to your snores from a dreamy sleep that I didn't get much of. AND, to top it all off, I had to listen to horrid music on the HARDCORE ROCK channel on the radio that shouldn't be there!" He looked shocked.
"Wow, I'm really in for a beating aren't I?" I laughed.
"You sure are." I whispered as I smiled uncontrollaby. Wow. He actually went for my excuse. I thought it was lame. What a sucker. But I love him none the less. He continued to smile while he carressed my sides and I kissed all over his neck. Reaching his ear lobe, I nipped at it. He let out a low moan from deep inside his throat. Then, Brian practically ripped my shirt off! I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the slight breeze that came from the quickness of his reaction! I rubbed his stomach and chest slowly as I continued to nibble.
"Alright, that's it. Nibbling isn't fair..and you know it's my weak spot." He confessed and whispering out of breath with another deep moan. Without a struggle, he took control and we switched positions. I was now on bottom.
"Katie, Katie, Katie. Don't you ever learn?" He grinned evilly, that goofy grin at the corner of his lips.
"What now Bwian? You gonna go tell you mommy?" I asked teasing in a childish voice, my bottom lip sticking out. He too stuck out his bottom lip and started pouting, pretending to cry. He was too cute for his own good. Have you ever seen anyone you love straddling you when you're shirtless, fake crying? It was actually sexy. He peeked through his fingers and whimpered more...louder too so he could get my attention. I began to play along.
"Oh babe, what's wrong?" He grew worried." I knew it'd work...he was such a sucker for love.
"I want some kissies and attention." I whined, trying my hardest not to laugh. Just then, he leaned in and kissed my neck through my arms. Maybe he didn't wanna play anymore because he knew I was going to win. Hehe. I'm sure the other girls are going to agree sooner or later when I say that this was going to be the best half hour of a vacation we've ever had.