Strength of the World

Chapter 28

I still couldn't find Brian. I looked everywhere on the beach. Where could he have gone? Well, only place I haven't looked yet was back at the hotel room.
"Katie! Where are you going?" Jimmy yelled for me.
"I'm going to find Brian, I'll be right back." I told him. I walked into the lobby and boy was it air conditioned. I was thinking I might just stay in here, but I do need a tan...really bad. I got in the elevator and went up to our floor. As I got closer to the hotel room, I could hear low groaning and a few moans. Once I could touch the doorknob, I heard someone scream. Oh fuck, if this is Brian and some random chick...he's fucking dead. I opened our hotel room door. Let me tell you, I started screaming.
"What in the fuck are you doing in my hotel room!? Who the hell are you to think you can fuck in here? Oh you better get the hell out of here before you both regret seeing the day!" I was furious. The random woman immediatly put on her clothes and ran past me into the elevator.
"Katie, what the fuck is going on in here?" Brian popped out from behind me, out of breath.
"Fuck Brian, these two random people are in OUR room having sex!" The random guy ran past me, I suppose to find his 'partner'.
"Well holy shit, I thought something was wrong." Brian told me.
"Oh, that's not something that's wrong? How in the hell did they get in our room in the first place!" I screamed again, not intending it toward Brian.
"Calm down baby, I probably left the door open a little when we went down to the beach." I don't know why, but I broke down crying.
"Katie!? What's wrong babe?"
"Brian, I thought that was you...and someone else." I sobbed.
"Oh my god, Katie you know I wouldn't be unfaithful to you. How could you think that?"
"I know, I know. I kept telling myself I shouldn't even bother to check, that I knew it couldn't be you. But I couldn't find you on the beach anywhere, and this was the last place I could think of checking." He rubbed my back and rocked me back and forth, supporting himself with his knees.
"Babe, I was at the bar getting us some drinks. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before I left. I didn't think it'd take them that long to make them."
"I'm sorry too Brian. I just didn't know what to think." He kissed my forehead and my crying died down to sniffles.
"I don't know about you. But I sure as hell don't want to sleep on that bed without those sheets being washed." I laughed at Brian's comment and nodded. We both gave the sheets to room service and we walked back to the beach.
"Wow, they're STILL playing chicken." I smirked.
"Yeah, I bet it's because Matt and Jen were losing. You know how Matt is, he can't stand to lose." Johnny ran out of the water.
"Katie, Syn, you guys coming? We have to beat Zacky and Nic...they're kicking our asses." Brian and I laughed and ran in with Johnny. A few more games of chicken and a couple more childish games later, we all headed back to the hotel.
"Wow, that was awesome." Nic stated. Jen and I laughed.
"Yeah, except for the fact that you and Zacky kept winning leaving Matt to have a cow and freak." I smirked.
"Yeah I guess, but that's not our fault. Besides, Matt got his revenge when he dunked Johnny and Jimmy for laughing at him so hard." All of us laughed remembering that, of course Jimmy and Johnny weren't laughing.
"Oh babe, don't worry. We're just playing around." Kameron and Bridgette said together as the kissed their boyfriends on the cheek. Zacky and Matt seemed to be a little on the quiet side. I slid out of Brian's grip and jumped on Matt's back.
"What's wrong big bro?" I asked Matt. Man, something's up. He's so emotionless, not a look on his face.
"Nothing, just tired. Wanna get back to the hotel." I got off his back without a word and Jen and him took off to the hotel.
"Sheesh, I wonder what's bugging him." Zacky chimed in.
"You know, I was gonna ask you the same thing that I asked Matt." I informed him.
"Katie, what are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine. Just as tired as Matt. I mean, Nic and I did win all those games." He half smiled, nervousness in his eyes.
"Right." Everyone was silent. "Am I missing something here?" I asked looking around at everyone. They all looked away, even Brian.
"Whatever, I'm going to go back to our room and sleep Brian. I'll talk to you guys later." Brian just nodded and the other girls took off with their boyfriends. Brian went towards the bar to get a drink I suppose. I felt someone tapping on my shoulder as I waited for the elevator.
"Zacky, what are you doing? I thought you went back to your room with Nic."
"Yeah um, about that. I need to talk to you." Boy was he serious too. I've never seen that look on Zacky before. Now's my chance to see what's up with him, so I'm gonna take it.
"Sure, Brian's out at the bar getting a drink I think. So just come with me upstairs and we'll talk." We both got into the elevator and I unlocked our hotel door. Thank god, the sheets were clean. I sighed with relief and sat on the bed.
"So what is it Zack? You look pretty worried or nervous, or something." Yeah, I'm an open person, I don't question people to get them to tell me what's wrong when I already know.
"Well uh, earlier I really wanted to be on your team for all those water games on the beach."
"Oh Zacky, come on. They were just games. You know we're the best of friends, you're like my big brother. Of course, so is Matt. But nobody beats my blood, Jimmy."
"Yeah." he trailed off looking away and around the room.
"Zacky, come over here and sit down, you're making me really nervouse just staring like I'm not even here." He sighed and made his way over to me. He sat down and faced me.
"Katie, I'm worried about something, and I want to confess to you how I feel." Alright, now he really was getting me kinda freaked out. Zacky's never like this. It's barely ever that he thinks so much. No offense to him of course.
"Okay, go ahead. Spill." The door burst open as he was about to say something.
"Katie what the hell are you doing with Zacky in here!" Brian screamed as he looked at Zacky holding my hands. I slid them out of his grasp and gave him a warm smile, turning back to Brian.
"Um yeah, this is my room too babe."
"Don't call me that. Get out Zacky, now." He said sternly. Zacky got up and kissed me on the cheek.
"I'll talk to you later on okay?" He whispered in my ear. I just nodded. Brian eyed him down as Zacky left and Brian shut the door...hard.
"What the fuck was that, do you mind telling me?" I asked, raising my voice. Well that backfired.
"Yeah, I get in here and see you and Zacky nearly fucking!" He screamed. What the hell was his problem?
"Brian, Zacky holding my hand is NOT nearly fucking. You don't even know what's going on!" I yelled back, trying to reason with him.
"I don't want to hear it. Get the hell out of here."
"Brian, you won't even let me explain! You're sending me out of here just because you saw something that you didn't like? Holy shit, whatever. I spose someone like you doesn't need an explanation. You just like to jump to conclusions because you don't like the truth." I got up and almost left, my hand was on the doorknob. He gripped onto my free arm, actually hurting me. I snapped a look at him.
"What do you mean 'someone like me'?"
"Simple. Someone you supposidly love is trying to tell you that nothing, absoulutely nothing went on while you were gone, and you snap. Holy fuck, shows me how much you actually care. You think I'm unfaithful, then I don't need you." I walked out the door and headed for the lobby.

*Brian's POV*
What the hell is she talking about? I wouldn't think she was unfaithful if she wasn't in here with Zacky alone. To get the confusion out of my head, I decided to call Zacky up.
"Hey man, what was up with you and Katie before?"
"Nothing dude, I had to talk to her about something important because she's the only one that would understand. So she took me to your room so I could explain. But before I could, you came in."
Man, I felt like the biggest asshole ever. I think I just ruined my relationship with the most amazing person ever.
"Nothing happened?" I returned to the call.
"No man, you know she's...like my little sister. And I know you two are close. I wouldn't do anything like that." Zacky hesitated to answer. I hung up the phone and literally sprinted out to the lobby. Katie wasn't there, so I headed towards the beach even faster remembering what nearly happened at home a few weeks ago. I reached the sand nearly out of breath, and there she sat. On the sand, with her hair waving in the wind. Her knees were curled up to her chin, and she just stared into the ocean. She's so gorgeous. I walked closer to her.
"Katie.." I whispered. My heart just shattered into the smallest pieces possible. Her tear stained face pierced into mine, and I think I just died inside. What have I done?