Strength of the World

Chapter 3

"Katie, I need to tell you something..." Brian said.
At that moment, I was honestly scared. I thought of what he was going to say, but why get my hopes up?
Just then, Jimmy walked in.
That's why I don't get my hopes up.
"Uh, Katie? I need you home. Umm, the dishes need to be washed." He said looking relieved.
Brian just gave him the scariest look, then it went to disappointment.
"God Jimmy, can't you do that YOURSELF?" Brian stated coldy exaggerating the word 'yourself'.
"No BRIAN, Katie needs to come home..now."
Brian sighed and I just got up looking dumb. I went with Jimmy home but he looked bothered or concerned about something.
"Jimmy, why did you do that?"
"Do what?" He pondered.
"Don't act stupid. There was a reason. I know damn well there aren't any dishes to do. We never eat. Hense why we're so skinny."

::Jimmy's POV::
She got me on that one. I knew what Brian was going to tell her. I couldn't go through with it. They thought I left but I knew he was going to pull this on her. She's my baby sister. I don't want her heart broken. I know Brian really likes her and he wouldn't do that. But I guess I'm just like a father to her. Plus, I know she likes him back. She just hasn't told me yet.
"Jimmy, I need to tell you something." I heard her say.
Oh here we go, now she tells me. Now I'm going to feel guilty. God..

::Normal::
"Yes Katie?"
"I really like Brian. But don't freak. I don't think he likes me back and I'm not waiting up or anything. Besides, I think he has a girlfriend."
Jimmy sighed. What's up with him?
"Katie, I know you like him. You don't have to tell me. I can tell by the way you look at him when he's around."
"So I guess you're pissed now?" I asked looking towards the ground as we reached the door.
"No, actually. I need to confess, Brian really likes you too. He was going to tell you himself. But being the overproective bug brother/father, I couldn't handle it. You're my baby sister and I don't want your heart broken."
I was taken back, he's telling me this now!?
"Brian asks about you everyday and I tell him about you. He REALLY likes you. And I'm happy for you. He's a good guy."
"Jimmy! You should've told me a while ago! I tried keeping this a secret! I'm not good at that..haha. Thank you for telling me, and I know you care about me. And just for that, we're going to go girlscouting for you and Matt tomorrow. You guys need someone to sweet talk to." I smiled.
We got in the house and just sat around watching Beetlejuice. I couldn't stop thinking about Brian. Usually it's not like this, but after what Jimmy told me, I can't wait to go to school tomorrow. Brian still doesn't know I like him. Jimmy kept that a secret from him. Tomorrow's another band practice. That's when I'm going to talk to him. Face-to-face, with no interruptions.