Strength of the World

Chapter 33

There's only three more days (including today) until the guys come home. The girls and I did in fact have that ice cream and a movie fling. It was awesome and it took our minds off of the boys for a while. We were all extremely excited to see them and hear about what went on at tour. I'm laying on the couch watching FUSE and wishing I hadn't spent most of my money. The house is pretty quiet seeing I'm here by myself. The girls went out on a little roadtrip to who knows where. They'll be back tomorrow late night or early morning. I was just in the mood to sit around. All of the thoughts in my head of the past month fleed when there was a sudden knock at the door. I didn't want to get up. I mean, who could it be? Nobody else is around and I don't have any close friends besides the crew. Lazily I arose and walked to the door in a sloppy way with my eyes closed, memorizing the entire house and where the door is. When I opened the door, I opened my eyes and I swear this happened before. Nobody was there. With a deep sigh, my eyes fell to the ground and upon a bouquet of flowers with the traditional card attached. I grinned. The flowers had the black petals like I remembered. A flashback of the night Brian and I exchanged promise rings at the park played in my mind. I awoke in a flash and scurried to the couch once again. I remembered before I opened the card that Brian wouldn't be able to call tonight. Him and the boys had soundcheck and a show, then they'd have to leave immediately for the next stop. He'd be deadly tired. I told him it'd be alright. After all, he kept his promise. He's called every night before I went to bed so far. I shook the thought away and smiled more as I stared at the beautiful, yet wilted and dead flowers. Brian always was a romantic. Always putting his heart into everything. I loved him the most for that. These had to be from him. Who else would know about the black petals? Enough waiting! I layed the flowers on the table and snatched the card. Once again though, the doorbell rang. I looked at the door in complete frustration, then back at the card with anxiousness. Part of this was my fault, I could've read the card by now. But nooo, my thoughts had to drag me around down memory lane! Not to mention the doorbell keeps ringing. There it goes again. I groaned with anger and dismay. I took the flowers with me, hurrying to put them in a vase of water. Once that was accomplished, the doorbell rang again. And it rang for the last time too! I could guarantee it. I stormed to the door and whipped it open. What the fuck? I'm sick of loosing my patience when yet again, nobody's at my motherfuckin' door! Fucking ding-dong ditchers, kill them all. I kind of laughed at myself knowing by now Jimmy would've broken something. God did I miss those boys. I slowly closed the door and walked upstairs to my room. I decided to take a long bath followed by a nap to cool me down.

Once I awoke, I walked downstairs to grab my leftover pizza from the previous night. It was already close to 11:00 at night. Yeah, after a bath, I could sleep a whole few days away. That seemed like a damn good plan to me, and initially, that's what I was going for. But I am human, and I do get hungry. I glanced at the phone, and to my exremely awesome luck, no messages! Note my sarcasm. I sighed, nobody misses me. Bleh. I walked over to the fridge, and as usual, lazily opened it. The light woke me up plain and simple. I was no longer half a-fuckin'-sleep. Guess you could say I forgot a light burned your eyes when you opened a frige door. I'll kill whoever thought of this. What a great day I'm having, I'm so bitchy. I snatched my foil-wrapped pizza. Seeing I can eat my pizza cold...oh, and that I'm lazy...I just made my way to the couch without making a stop at the microwave. Who knows? Maybe that light would've blinded me all the way. Due to boredom, today was definately a bad day with no calls from the girls, or anybody for that matter. Hence all this bitchyness in my thoughts. This is when I missed my parents the most. I plopped myself onto the cushions and rested my plate on the table in front of me. I was about to reach for the remote when-no, it's not the doorbell-I took a second to notice the card from the flowers. I told you, I'm a very incredible person when it comes to forgetting. Jen and Jimmy know what I'm talking about, and Brian's getting a taste of it. Finally, I picked up the card. I opened up the small envelope and read away.

My love,
I hope you loved the flowers. I know how much you love black petals. I can't stop thinking about you and my heart's racing just writing this to you. We're coming home tomorrow. I know we weren't supposed to come until the day after that, but I can't wait any longer to see you. We already called the girls and told them about the whole surprise, so there's no need to call them. We did that part for you. I have to get back to the soundcheck, but I can't wait to see you. Please do me one favor. Pick out some sexy lingerie. I want to give you a special night tomorrow. I'll be home around 9:00, be ready. I love you baby.
-Brian.

My heart fluttered. I couldn't believe this. He's coming home a day early and I couldn't be more excited. I give those boys credit. They took their own responsibility and called the girls on their own. That saves me the hassle, and the screams. I had just the lingerie for him too, thanks to shopping at Victoria's Secret with my girls. Then I thought about the 'special night' he wanted to give to me tomorrow. Jimmy and Brian, along with the other boys, would make great fathers. I hope one day they are in fact dads. I sighed at the thought of how happy I'd be, then shook the thought from my head. Brian and I have talked about kids, but we don't want them just yet. Wow, I'm really doing a lot of thinking today. The STRESS! Man, I need to sleep this off. I trudged my sleepy body upstairs and as I layed my head on the pillow, that one thought swarmed my head. Brian's coming home, and who knows what's going to happen.