Strength of the World

Chapter 7

So we all got expelled and headed to our seperate houses. All the guys wanted to spend time with their girlfriends and we didn't want to chill together, seeing we're planning a party of our own tomorrow. Brian wanted to come to my house but I told him that wasn't such a good idea. But he insisted and I knew I wouldn't get out of it. I was just hoping he didn't think of me differently after this.

We got to the house and pulled in the driveway. I know I shouldn't be nervous, but if you lived in the shitty apartment that I did, you would be too.
"Katie, are you alright? You look a little tense." He asked me.
"Yeah I'm fine, I just didn't want to come here."
"Why, do you think I'm going to break up with you or something because of the house you live in? That's rediculous."
"No, it's just that this isn't much of a 'house' and it's kind of embarrassing having a nice guy like you with a nice family come into my shitty apartment that doesn't have a family to occupy it. It's just me and Jimmy. Which id fine by me, I just wish I lived a better life."
"Now don't you talk like that. Someday you will have a better life, and hopefully it's with me." He grinned.
I couldn't help but blush, he was so sweet to me. He deserves better.
We walked into the apartment. There wasn't much to look at. Just a rusty old refrigerator (with nothing in it) and an old couch. The other two rooms had mattresses in them, but I didn't dare take Brian to see that. I don't want him thinking I'm some kind of hobo or something.
"Well, this is...cozy." He lied.
"Brian, please don't lie to me. I know what it is. And I don't mind if you want to leave. I know I do. If I could, I would ditch this place in a heartbeat, only I'd have nowhere to go. And I can't just leave Jimmy like that. He's all I have."
Brian pulled me into a strong hug. I tried not to cry.
"Don't say that. Jimmy's an awesome brother, I know. But I'm here for you too. And so are the rest of the guys. Well all love you, not to mention all the chicks that are probably worrying the same things you are."
He felt a warm drop on his shoulder and pulled away.
"Don't cry Katie." He whispered.
He kissed my tears away and I smiled weakly.
"Thanks Brian, you do mean a lot to me, even though we just started dating."
I leaned on him once more and tightened the hug. I didn't want him to let me go.

::Brian's POV::
I wanted to cry so badly. But I knew I had to stay strong. Katie's life is miserable and I can't help her. Once I'm 18, I'm taking her with me. I won't leave her here, she doesn't deserve this shit hole. Niether does Jimmy. I'm sure he'll move in with Bridgette or they'll get a nice house soon. I want to spend my days with Katie but I can't tell her that. She'd think I was rushing. What she doesn't know is that I already know I love her. I'd marry her in a split second. I'd die for her. A girl like this doesn't deserve someone like me. I felt her warmth as she hugged me tight. I didn't want this to end. I adore her, and I love her with my own being.

::Normal::
Brian and I decided to go for a walk. He told me he wanted to tell me something important over dinner really soon. I always wondered what he meant when he said things like that. Sometimes it even scared me. But I know I love him. This was a feeling I've never gotten before, but I keep it inside afraid to let it go. I'm afraid that if it falls into his hands, he'll hurt me. Brian isn't like that, the guys tell me how sweet he is and how he helps everyone with their problems. I guess you could say I'm not ready...but I wish I was, maybe I'd be the one to hurt Brian. I stared at him as we held hands down the sidewalk just thinking.
"What's wrong? Why are you giving me that look?" He asked worried.
"Nothing, it's nothing. Just admiring your presense, that's all."
He stopped and stood in front of me.
"You know what?"
"What?"
He cupped his hands around my cheeks and kissed me ever so softly. I wanted more...I was greedy.
"You are just....too CUTE!" He wailed in a girly voice.
I laughed as he picked me up over his shoulder and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.
"Brian Haner Jr. put me down this instant!" I yelped as I hit him with my clenched fists. It had no impact on him...
"So violent Katie, it's not going to get you anywhere." He continued running. But then I had an idea.
"Brian, I will call in my reinforcements if you don't set me down!"
"Ooo I'm scared now! What're you gonna do?" He grinned evily.
I pinched him as hard as I could with both of my 'pinchers'.
"Ow! Baby, that's my ass you know!"
"Yeah and it's a nice one too, at least from this view!"
He set me down.
"I told you I'd send them in."
"Yeah and it hurt too." He added rubbing his ass to ease the pain.
"Awe I'm sorry," I said and I kissed his nose.
"My lips hurt Katie, I was yelling at you too much." He stated giving me the bottom lip.
"Well, I guess that'll teach you." I giggled walking away.
He swung me around by my arm. He had a fetish with doing that.
"Well that wasn't very nice my love. You know what I want, and I want it now." He smiled.
"Well, now who's the demanding one? You think I'm that easy huh?"
"No, I just know you're a big tease and you'll kiss me eventually." He said like a smart-ass walking away. I'll show him, I won't give him what he wants. Then he'll have to do something about it. Minutes passed as we got to the park in silence. I just kept my smile plastered to my face. He looked at me in a serious look.
"You're not going to kiss me are you?"
"Got that right bucko." I told him.
I ran for my life..he was actually chasing me. I guess he wanted this more than I thought..haha. We ran around the swings, the sandbox, and the slides until he finally caught me and tackled me to the grass.
"Well, well, well. Look who we have here, a runaway criminal perhaps?"
"Criminal, why whatever are you talking about Mr. Haner?"
He just laughed.
"I'm in control now, and if you're not going to kiss me, then I'll just have to kiss you. But I know that was our trick. I caught you dead in your tracks."
He was good, I didn't think he'd know that was what I was up to. Guess nothing gets passed him.
He climbed over me and was now on top of me. He put one of his hands up my shirt and the other one was running through my long, brown hair. He leaned down and kissed me slowly and sensually. Just he way I liked it. He traced my bottom lip and I let him in. We explored each other's mouths for a very nice 10 minutes when we heard Johnny pull up in his car with Kameron and Jimmy, along with Bridgette.
"Alright you two lovebirds, save some action for the room!" Jimmy yelled. We smiled and laughed. Brian helped me up and wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked to the car.
"Let's go, we're going to meet up with Matt and Jen for a concert."
"Awesome, what about Zacky and Nic?" I asked.
"Oh, they met up with Matt at his place. They're just waiting for us to get there. We better hurry." Bridgette said.
We all hopped in the car and drove off to Matt's house.