Strength of the World

Chapter 9

It was now Friday and I woke up thinking about last night, and the party we were supposed to have tonight. I knew it was going to be awesome. I tried to get up when I felt Brian's arm tighten around my waist. He had me trapped and I laughed to myslef. I laid back down and stared, watching him peacefully sleep. His breathing was steady and I saw a smile creep onto his face...the little faker. He was awake.
"Morning love," He tiredly said with his eyes still shut.
"How did you know I was staring at you?" I asked kind of creeped out.
"Oh, I just know. When the rays from your beautiful eyes hit mine, I can feel the warmth."
Where does he get this stuff?
"Why aren't you a sweetheart?"
He opened his eyes and smiled wider.
"No, I just know I love you. Things like that come easy."
"Thanks, I love you too. Would you like some breakfast?"
"Umm...I kinda just wanted to sit here and lay in bed with you all day."
"That sounds good, only we have that party to get ready for tonight."
"That's right. Say, did they guys ever come home last night?"
"I don't know, I fell asleep. The last thing I remember is you bringing me in here and we fell asleep together. What time was that around?"
"Wow, that was around 2 in the morning. Either they had a good time, or they got pissed waiting for the show to start."
I started to worry a bit. I crawled out of bed and went downstairs to call Kameron's cell phone. She was usually up a little early.
"Hello?"
"Hey Kameron, where are you guys?"
"Oh hey Katie, um, we actually stopped at a hotel last night. Most of us got really drunk and nobody wanted to drive home. We just went to the one down the street."
"Oh, all of you are in seperate rooms I spose."
"Yeah, all the couples. But none of us did anything except made out. No banging or anything." She laughed.
"Sounds like you all had an awesome time. How was the show?"
"Oh the show, we thought it was okay at first but then it started to suck so we all headed down to the other club across the street. The music was great, and so was the dancing." I could hear her smile.
"Great! Well, I just called to check on you guys cuz you didn't come home."
"Okay, we'll be home sometime in the afternoon so we can all get ready for the party. Then I'm going to ask you how your date with Mister Gates went."
I laughed. "Sounds good Kameron. I'll talk to you later though, I have to make Brian some breakfast."
"Alright, thanks for calling. Bye"
"No problem, bye!"
I was relieved nothing bad happened. I got up off the couch and hung up the phone. Brian never told me what he wanted, but I had a feeling since he didn't get Mac 'n' Cheese last night, I'd make it for breakfast. Odd? I know, but that's how I functioned. I got out all the stuff I needed and started the water on the stove. That took about 20 minutes so I figured I could catch up on FUSE. That was always one of the best channels. F List was on an it was featuring the 'Creepiest Videos'. Stinkfist by TOOL came on. I loved that video, one of the coolest I've ever seen. I started singing the lyrics when Brian came and sat next to me.
"Aren't you coming back to bed? I'm tired and I want to cuddle with you."
"As much as I love cuddling, I'm wide awake and I'm making you breafast."
"But I'm not hungry, I want to sleep." He started to walk upstairs.
"I'm making Mac 'n' Cheese." I yelled to him, knowing he'd turn around.
"On second thought, I'm wide awake too. Gotta get ready for that party."
I just shook my head and smiled. He was too cute sometimes. I went to the kitchen and finished making his breakfast while he sat at the table and waited patiently. I set the bowl in front of him and he looked at me funny.
"Eat up sugar."
"But I want you to feed it to me." He whinned.
"Brian, you're not a little kid anymore. You and Zacky may act like it at times, but you don't need me to feed you."
"If you loved me, you'd feed me."
"Oooo that's a dirty trick."
"I'm a dirty boy." He grinned.
I rolled my eyes and picked up his fork. I had a trick up my sleeve.
"Open up the tunnel, here comes the train..." I teased.
As expected, he opened his mouth. The fork was nearing his mouth and I stopped.
"Hey, my mouth's right here!"
I turned the fork around and took a bite.
"HEY! That's my breakfast you know!"
"Well I made it. Don't worry there's plenty left." I smirked.
He gave me a grumpy look.
"Oh now don't be like that little Brian. I wuv you!"
He slowly smiled.
"How can I stay mad at you? You always keep me smiling. One of these days my cheeks are gonna fall off."
"HA! You're cheeks can't fall off my dear." I said kissing his cheek.
He grumbled, along with his stomach.
"Now eat your breakfast. The guys will be here in the afternoon sometime to get ready. They all went to the hotel last night down the street. They were all drunk and didn't want to drive."
"Oh, how was the show?" He asked taking a bite.
"Kameron told me the show was alright at first but then it started to suck. So they all went across the street to a club and danced."
"Good, all the more time I have you to myself." I grinned at his comment.
Once he was done eating, we just sat and cuddled on the couch watching FUSE shows.
"You wanna go somewhere Katie? We mine as well do something alone before a whole crowd of people come over tonight. I wonder who's all coming anyways."
"Umm that I'm not sure of. Hopefully no sluts or something."
"Look, don't worry. Nobody's going to take me away from you. I should be worrying about you. I know more guys are going to come than girls. Most of the chicks here are preps."
"Yeah I know, but you know they'll come anyways." I looked down.
"If you want, we can ignore the party."
"No, I want to go and everything. I guess I'm just gonna have to watch. I just don't want you to feel like you can't have fun."
"I'll always have fun as long as you're around. Besides, we'll be dancing here and there. I know you like the way I dance because I'm just so sexy."
"Of course you are. If you weren't, I wouldn't be dating you." I said jokingly.
"Ha, you sound just like all the preps...stuck up bitches."
"So now I'm a bitch!?" I gasped.
"No, you're just really good at impersonations."
"Luccky save."
"Why? What were you gonna do about it?"
"Oh nothing." I said sticking me head up like I was innocent.
"Uh huh, suuure." He then looked away...not a smart thing to do on his half. I hit him right in the face with the couch pillow. He looked shocked.
"Oh no you didn't!" I laughed...hard. Now he sounded like the preps.
"Oh, did I hit you? Terribly sorry love."
"You better run now...I'm the master of pillow fights." He replied.
"Not for long you're not!"
"Is that a threat Katie?"
"I do believe so..." I trailed off.
I hit him once more and stood up. I was on the verge of running knowing he was going to attack me. He got up and gave me a playful look.
"Ready or not, here I-" He started to say as he ran right into the coffee table.
"OUCH! Damnit! That fucker hurts. Now I know what Matt meant when he busted his knee on it!"
I fell to the ground in laughter remembering that day.
"Brian are you alright?"
"No, will you come and kiss me better?"
"Well...I don't know. It didn't look that serious."
I should've known not to say that. He pulled out the puppy dog pout...I couldn't resist that. I crawled over to him and kissed his leg. To my surprise, he grabbed me and hit me with his pillow.
"AH HA! I knew I could get you with that one. That's two points for me! Puppy dog pout, and the trick. Damn I'm good." He said over me.
"That was not fair. Illegal play!" I called.
I pushed him off of me and we got at it again. That was one of the best pillow fights I have had in a long time. Then we heard a car door shut. We thought it was Kameron and the rest of the crew so Brian and I headed over to the door and held the pillows above our heads and smiled. The doorknob began to turn and I nodded at Brian as the door open. We hit the person that walked in and started laughing. We heard the thud of them hitting the ground and started attacking them.
"PILLOW FIGHT!" We yelled in unison. When we got tired, we stopped and stared at the person on the ground. We gasped.
"Oh my god..!" I yelled as Brian just sat there shocked with the pillow over his head. We both dropped our pillows and helped the person up.