Status: Will write this story over at fanfiction.net

I Didn't Know I'd Love You So Much

Chapter Two

The next morning, Graverobber felt well rested. No pain aches on his body today. He opened the door and went downstairs to smell the most delicious smell he ever had in his life. He went to the kitchen and found Shilo cooking breakfast. His eyes widened to see breakfast haven in there. He was about to sneak in a taste of those delicious looking sausages, but Shilo slapped his hand away.

"Did you clean your hands?" She asked him while going back to the eggs.

"How could she do that without looking," Graverobber thought as he sighed. He went over to the kitchen sink and washed his hands with soap and took a paper towel and wiped his hands.

"Now, can I get a sausage?" He asked permission with sarcasm in his voice as Shilo chuckled.

"Of course. Get as much as you like," she told him as he got five sausages, some scrambled eggs, and two waffles.

"It's like a feast in here," he told her as he ate his food with his hands. She looked over at him and shook her head with a disapproving look.

"Don't eat like that near the kids. I want them to at least have manners when they eat. Other than that, do you want toast?" She asked before putting the scrambled eggs on a dish.

"Nah, this is good for me," He told her and then sat on a chair. "You're a good cook." She chuckled at the comment.

"It takes practice," she told him.

A few minutes later, Graverobber finally licked his plate clean and put it in the kitchen sink.

"That was a good feast," he told her as she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you," she told him. She opened the door to the kitchen. "Children! Breakfast is ready!"

Suddenly, a mob of children ran into the kitchen; but when the children saw Shilo's stern look, they quickly set themselves in line and took as much as they wanted. Graverobber observed the scene. He found that Shilo was well-respected by the children. He could only chuckle inside. The kid, he knew, would've been loved by everyone if she kept GeneCo, not that bratty and stuck-up Amber. He watched as the kids left one by one out of the kitchen.

"Where are they eating?" Graverobber asked. Shilo turned to him and smiled.

"They're eating in their room and so must I. Want to come along?" She asked while picking up her plate of food that she piled. It wasn't that much though: one sausage, one waffle, and a spoonful of scrambled eggs.

"Sure. I got nothing to do in the morning anyways, and I only go to work at night," he told her as he followed her where the children ate in their play room/bedroom/dining room.

"You can sit on one of the beds if you want," Shilo told him as she sat down by the boy who was pulling her by the pants.

"Mommy, is that guy our 'Daddy'?" The boy asked, pointing at Graverobber while the Graverobber pointed at himself with a questioned look and mouthing 'me'. Shilo smiled kindly and shook her head.

"He's Mommy's friend. He'll be staying here," she told him as the boy frowned.

"I was hoping for a 'Daddy'," The boy said as Shilo smiled.

"Someday, Ryan. But right now, Mommy only needs to see her children smile," she said in such a motherly tone. Graverobber was quite surprised at how she could be so nurturing for someone so young, and he was quite annoyed at how these kids think he was the 'Daddy' of their group.

After that, the kids were talking to each other. Shilo sat by Graverobber when she put her finished plate inside the kitchen sink. She watched as the children were laughing and chatting with each other.

"These kids sure love you a lot, kid," Graverobber told her as she looked at him and sighed.

"Yeah. But someday, they will have to leave me and find a better place to live," she said to him as Graverobber saw her expression. It was full of hurt, but she tried her best not to show it. "This is my way to change the world, to give these children a hope in their world."

Graverobber never saw anyone as pure as her in this world before even after seeing what out there was like. He was most certain she would taint herself after the Opera scene. And by his surprise, he was wrong. This girl was certainly different that it made him very intrigued.

"Hm... You're cute, kid. Thinking about those kids," he told her as Shilo raised an eyebrow at him.

"Graverobber, I still wonder about you sometimes. But I guess, you'll do fine." She smiled at him and then patted his shoulder. "Now, take a shower. You smell too much, and it's bad if the kids have to smell your workplace. After that, give me your clothes to wash. It's terrible." She stood up and lightly pushed him to get up.

Graverobber looked at her as he sighed and got up. He was going upstairs but stop at his footsteps. He saw that Shilo was still staring at him, waiting for him to take a shower.

"I don't have clothes to wear," he told her as Shilo rolled her eyes.

"Wait just one moment," she told him.

She then went into the room where the children were. After that, kids filed one by one to the kitchen. She then looked up at the Graverobber.

"We're going shopping together, Graverobber." She smiled at him as Graverobber gave a confused look. Somehow, he felt today was going to be a long day. "And I'm paying."

Graverobber eyed her. He never liked to repay anybody unless the others are repaying him.

"Don't worry, Graverobber. I'm doing this for the children, so there's no debt to be paid," she told him while observing him.

She saw how he was checking his pocket with his hand earlier. Shilo was not blind. He was checking if he had enough money to buy clothes. She knew the world out there as she had certainly gone through it. She had seen many things in just those two years, and she was a fast learner. A skill that not that many people had.

Graverobber was at a loss. Nobody could be this kind. He also wondered where her money came from. He didn't want to be in any deep shit if that time came because of fucking buying clothes. But heck, he took chances when there are freebies.

"When are we leaving?" He asked.