Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 18.

look out for Forsaken! Book two of the undead Trilogy!

Chapter 18.

The victory was bitter sweet. President Snow kept his word. Two people won. They dropped ropes down, to lift us out of the arena, but I refused to move. I clung to Sirius’s lifeless body, like a lifeline. Tears poured down my face as I desperately tried to revive Sirius, with my grief. Peeta had to come over and gently dragged me away from him. Hovercrafts haven’t come for Sebastian. I clung to Peeta, and his rope, as they took us away.

They fixed my wounds and fed me. I sit in my emotionless room, staring out the window. Stars shine over The Capitol. A plan begins to form in my head. A desperate plan. A suicidal plan. Just as I go over it in my head, I hear a knock on my door. I don’t bother going over to open it. After about a minute, the door swings open, with Haymitch behind it, holding a pin.

“You pick locked my door?” I ask from the window. He nods and walks in, quickly. I expect anger, or an attitude, but he seems pitiful. He has a bag of bottled liquor with him.

“How you doing, sweetheart?” he asks, sincerely, offering me a bottle. I take it and open it.

“Like I just watched my brother die, that I just learned I have. Like the fact that I might be in love with him. Like I just killed my other brother, who murdered Sirius,” my voice cracks on ‘Sirius.’ Haymitch nods, sorrow in his eyes.

“I have a plan,” he says softly, taking a swig. I follow suit, listening.

“We’re going to use The Capitol’s technology against itself. We’re breaking in and bringing back a special team of men and women,” Haymitch whispers. I stare back at him, starting to smile.

“Great minds think alike,” I say wryly.

“Where will we go?” I ask. Haymitch grins.

“North America was split into Panem long ago. But North America can’t be the whole world!” he exclaims. “I want to know what’s beyond this!” He says, excitedly.

“What about District 13?” I ask.

“They’ll provide us with transportation. Don’t worry, Sweetheart. This will work.”

End of Book One.

Look out for book two! Forsaken.