Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

When the time came for us all to wake up, it was like waking up to find your biggest nightmare come to life. Hundreds of Peacekeepers lined the opposite wall with stun guns. Every dead tribute is staring at themselves in shock. I see Cato a few people ahead examining his hands. Peeta behind me gives me a reassuring squeeze. Behind us a sound like a boxer getting an uppercut to the balls erupts. We turn and see that Titus is on the smaller boy ahead. The smaller boy thrashes panicing. Titus has his jaw clamped over the tributes neck. The nameless boys eyes widen with fear as Titus's muscles in his neck stand out. With a jerk of his head he rips the throat out of the boy. The Peacekeepers begin to fire at Titus with their stun guns. Only after twelve or so shots does he go down. A few pick him up and drag him off. The line continues marching. We are each given rooms with maximum security. I sit on the bed exaughsted when the T.V. flicks on. It is the Reaping. I can't believe it A year has gone by that quickly. It begins with District 1. As usual they are strong, kids. Over 16. Same with 2, and 3. In District 4, a tall beautiful girl is picked. She is well muscled and has dark hair and pale skin. A 12 year-old is chosen after her. The girl looks horrified. The boy looks afraid. I notice that they bear a shocking resemblance. A tall, thin, boy lunges forward to volunteer. He swaggers on stage and the camera zooms in. He is well muscled, has pale skin, and jet black hair. His eyes are a storm cloud grey. The rest moves on like usual. They skip District 12, since they blew it up. After the Reaping President Snow appearss. He go's on about how this year would be diffrent. He explains his achievment of the undead, but i'm only half listening. My mind is on the other Tributes. How am I going to get out of this? The Tributes are viscous. "This year will have hundreds of Tributes. Bigger and better! We will be selling lists of the competitors. We will have victors, current and dead. Some of the most savage Tributes to set foot in the arena! This years Hunger Games will never be forgotten!" I suspect the crowd will be going crazy. They'll believe anything.