Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

My designer is a nameless Capitol junkie. My training score is 9. Three boys get 12. A boy from District 2 with golden hair and eyes. A boy from 3 with Silvery, white hair and black eyes. And the pale, boy from 4. My interview is boring. I'm only half listening. In fact for the past few days i've been half asleep. Peeta plays the crowd as usual. My attention spikes up as The pale boy from 4 walks on stage. He is wearing black and gold armour. It shines as he smiles charmingly at the camera. He has a black cloak with a hood. Once he starts speaking, I pray he doesn't stop. He has caught my attention. My dress is litterally flames. They don't burn me however. The boys name is Sirius Darkhallow. The Golden boy is Kale Brightfire. The white haired boy is Sebastion Riddle. They are all beautiful but there's something about Sebastion I can't place. He has an air of something ruined. I can tell that behind his calm demeanor he is hiding a great rage. That night, what little sleep I get is riddled with nightmares. Our outfits are Leather boots, A night material and a leather vest over it. We get an empty utility belt. My heart is racing as the tube lifts us up. The arena is huge. It has a huge forest, mountains, a sea. The mountains are black and the farthest away. There are many weapons littered everywere. There is armour, cloaks, backpacks, every weapon imaginable. There! A bow and arrows! Beside me Sirius places his token down on his lift. It's odd. It's just a weight. To my great suprise he starts climbing. Peeta is beside me. Sirius gets to the top and leaps off a good ten or so feet away. I gasp. The weight made sure the mines didn't go off. I see the golden boy, Kale has done the same. They sprint towards the Cornucopia, snagging weapons, armour, and supplies. Many of the Tributes are shouting at them. The gong goes off and I race towards the bow. I grab a large black backpack along the way. Finnick, Haymitch, Peeta, and Gale are close behind me grabbing weapons. Gale has found himself a bow as well. Tributes are hacking at eachother everywhere. Cato is nowhere to be seen. We run to the forest and stop when we reach a closure. "Excuse me, but this area is taken. Your standing where I'm thinking about putting my pool." I turn, notching an arrow aimed at Sirius's chest. He is wearing black armour and a hood. He is less shiny and more deadly than on the interview. He is sitting casually in a tree fiddling with a deadly looking sword. Kale is on an opposite tree laughing. I don't know what to do. They are just laughing in the face of death. "Am I to think that you would like an alliance, gorgeous?" Sirius asks. Gale scowls and Finnick smiles. I think. These two both scored a 12. They cheated the 60 second rule. "Yes." I say. Peeta beside me stiffens. Sirius jumps down. I see he has a backpack, a braclet of throwing knives on his arm, and is holding his sword. He slides it in a scabbord at his side and says, "Let's move to the mountains than." "What? No, we're already here and if we go out there we could die!" Gale says. Sirius gives him an odd, calculating look. "We could die anywhere, sherlock." He starts walking towards the mountains and my feet follow. "I agree with the mountains anyway." Haymitch says. With a lot of grumbling, Gale follows. Finnick starts humming cheerfully. Kale starts walking looking bored. We're half way there, near the Conrucopia now. I walk faster to catch up with Sirius. "What's in the mountains?" I ask him. He looks at me with his storm grey eyes and i get butterflys. "Freedom, sweetheart." When he says sweetheart, it doesn't sound mocking like Haymitch. The ground starts shaking and I get the sense of danger. Fire erupts, seperating Sirius and I from the rest of the group. The wall of fire is at least 20 feet tall, and searing hot. "Katniss! Katniss!" Peeta shouts. Kale is observing the wall. "Behind you!" Gale yells, pointing. "Run" Finnick shouts. We turn and see that Titus is Barreling down upon us holding a large, bloody axe. He has a mad, hungry look in his eye. I am too scared to move. I stare horrified as he gets closer. Sirius grabs my hand to run but it is too late. He is upon us.