Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 6.

Chapter 6.

A bang resonates through the tunnels, and our cave. Sirius grabs his weapons belt and belts it on. Finnick, I see, Is wielding multi-pul tridents. Gale has his bow out, and Peeta has a spear and knives. Sirius and the others start etching down the tunnel, their weapons wielded. I get my bow and arrows ready, and follow them quitley. Sirius stops and peeks his head over, pearing through a crack of the boulders, blocking one of the entrances. He turns back, "There must be at least 20. Gale, Katniss, I want you two farther away from them as possible, covering us. Finnick, you go on one side of the boulders. Do you have any nets?" Finnick nods. "Okay, when they come through, you cover them in the nets, Katniss, Gale, shoot them. Peeta, protect the archers. I'll go on the other side of the entrance. Go!" He finishes whispering instructions. We all get into place. I see that the boulders are being pushed away from the entrance. When the hole gets big enough for about two people to fit through, they start crawling in. Sirius kills them before they hit the ground. The others stop and start to make the hole bigger. Finally the entrance is big enough for them to pour in. The run in, a boy raising a spear to throw at me. Finnicks net engulfs at least ten of them. Gale and I start to fire at them, taking careful aim. We dispatch the ones in the net, while the remaining 8 are fighting Sirius and Finnick. I can tell that these tributes aren't pushovers. four on Finnick and four on Sirius. One viscous looking boy breaks away from Sirius and starts running at me. Sirius's sword barley misses him. Before Gale or myself have time to fire at him, he's on us. Peeta intercepts him, trying to spear him. The boy slaps the spear away and grapples with Peeta. Peeta is strong but it's obvious that the boy is more well trained and stronger. I load my bow and aim it at the boy but he brings Peeta up, into a sort of headlock, so that instead of my arrow pointed at the brutish boy, it's aimed at Peeta. The remaining three tributes in the net, break free and join the fray. Finnick is now overwealmed with the amount of people attacking him at once. Gale has no choice but to shoot at them. Sirius dispatches his opponents, and looks between me, and Peeta, and Finnick. "Go!" I shout. He nods and sprints over to Finnick. He brings his sword across one girls spine, dropping her. He rams his sword through another. They begin to devide their attention between the two now, fighting desperatly to kill them. I turn my attention back to the boy and Peeta. He's turning blue. I gasp, feeling ashamed that I wasn't paying attention. The boy produces a deadly looking knife and snarls, "Drop the weapons or Lover Boy, gets it through the ribs." I make no move, when the boy does something, causing Peeta to arch his back in pain, howling. I drop my bow, and my belt of arrows. The boy smiles. "Good." I see his blade in Peeta's stomach, its point, facing me. Peeta drops like a puppet whos strings have been cut. A puppet with no master. My scream doesn't come. I will it too, but seeing Peeta lying broken on the ground has damage me. The boy is coming for me now, wielding that bloody knife. He reaches for me, when Gale tackles him away from me. Gale has no training or expierience in hand-to-hand combat. The boy easily overcomes him, backslapping him hard across the face. I'm still too shocked to do anything. The boy is on Gale now, strangling him. Gale is starting to go blue, struggling, when Sirius comes up behind the boy. He grips him in a headlock, wielding a knife to his throat. The boy is struggling hard. I check Gale and see he's breathing. I'm afraid to touch Peeta. Finnick is by Sirius, panting but otherwise okay. Sirius has the boy pinned to the ground. He has his sword, pointing at the boys face. I see something in his eyes that are new. Panic. "Any last words?" Sirius asks. "May I ask him a question?" Finnick asks, politly. "Be my guest," Sirius says. Finnick takes one of his tridents and rests it on the boys throat. "By the sea, have you seen a group of the tributes brought back to life from District 4?" The boy is staring at the trident. "If I answer, do you give me your word you won't kill me?" He asks. Finnick smiles. "Of course. If you answer honestly, I give you my word, I will not kill you." The boy thinks. "Yea, first night of the Games, we were by the sea, and we saw bout 35 kids. I don't know if they were all from District 4, but I recognized a few." Finnick nods and removes his trident and walks away. The boy looks relieved, and makes to get up, but is stopped by Sirius's sword. It's resting on his adams apple. "Hey, what's the big idea!" He yells. "The deal was," Sirius says quitley. "That Finnick would not kill you. I am not Finnick. I am considerably more handsome and have a great singing voice." The boys eyes widen in fear. "Hey, I have a great singing voice!" Finnicks voice calls out. Sirius smiles. "So where were we? Ah, yes. Last words?" The boy stammers. "N-No, P-please!" His voice raises into a scream and is cut off. "Shame. I forgot to ask the all evasive question of humanity." Sirius says, before wiping his sword off on the boys shirt. "What question?" Finnick asks. "Why do hotdogs come in packages of 6 and hotdog buns come in packages of 8." They both laugh and walk over. I hurry to Peeta. I can only tell he's alive, because he's making sounds of pain. "Shhhhh." I say. While I carefully take off Peetas shirt, Gale, Sirius and Finnick are dropping the bodys over the side of the mountain. My heart sinks. The wound is worse than when Cato cut him. I think furiously. All my sponsors, assuming I have any can't afford what can save him. Mabey Sirius's can... Combined we can save him. "Sirius!" I call. He comes over and hugs me, looking me over. "Are you hurt?" I shake my head. "He is." Sirius examines the wound. "It'll take a fortune to save him." I kneel over Peeta. "Togethor our Sponsors can. Please." Sirius stands there staring at me kneeling over Peeta. His face is impassive. I hold my breath, waiting for his answer.