Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

I bite my lip, staring into Sirius's eyes. He nods. "Alright. But me must hurry." The breath escapes from me in relief. I had been clenching my fist so hard that blood began to run. "Gareth! You heard the lady! Contact Haymitch, and get us something to help! Now!" I presume that Sirius is talking to his mentor. A parachute floats down to Sirius. Could it already be what we need? Sirius produces a piece of paper from it. I look over his shoulder. The paper reads, Sirius, what are you thinking? Why save the kid? He'll get in the way, and you'll have to end up killing him anyway.Sirius looks up and real anger has touched his eyes. I swear, the air must have dropped ten degrees. "Gareth, if you do not do this one, small task, I will force Finnick to kill me. I will not fight back. Choose. Now." Another parachute. Sirius, this is insane! Stop! Sirius drops the paper and walks to Finnick. Sirius takes out a knife. Very quickly he winks at Finnick. "Finnick, If you do not kill me right now, I will cut your throat," he says in a quite voice. Finnick nods and lifts his trident up to Sirius's throat. Blood pours a little from the ppuncture when a larger parachute falls down. I run to it. There is a long, narrow, stainless steel bottle. There's also a note. Sirius, I'm taking back your celebrating gift. Sirius smiles. I take the bottle. Where the cap would be there is a Capitol logo. I press it and steam escapes from the bottle. It raises the top on its own. In the bottle is a steaming hot liquid. I sniff it. An aroma of tropical fruit and medicine drifts to me nose. I guess he has to drink it. I hurry over to Peeta. "Peeta, drink this, okay?" Peeta's eyelashes flutter. I tip his head and slowly pour the liguid down his throat. His breathing becomes better, less shallow. Before my very eyes, his wound begins to stich itself togethor. Is this how they bring people back to life? With this liquid? There's still about half. Sirius must be thinking the same thing. He plucks it from my hand, and puts it in one of the backpacks. For the next hour or so we all recooperate, eating deer, dried fruit and drinking water. "Well. Time to start hunting." Sirius says, getting up. "Hunting?" I say. "We still have half a deer. Sirius is strapping on his black armour. It's becoming dark out now. "Not food. Tributes." I'm suprised. For my last two Games, my stradegy has beem, well, hiding. Or letting them come to me. Never hunting. Sirius puts his cloak on, over the armour. "You will stay here." There is absolute authority in his voice. "Look after Peeta, Gale guard them both." Gale nods. "Finnick?" Finnick begins to get his weapons togethor. "I'm coming. I need to leave and go to the sea. I have friends there." Sirius nods. "I'll escort you." No. No, I can't let them go. "It's too dangerous! Please, don't go!" I'm on my feet now. Sirius pulls me into a hug. "Please, stay here." Before I can continue to argue, he places a long kiss on my lips. My lips are hot from exertion, but his are cool, and smooth. When they turn to drop down to the bottom, I have a sick feeling in me that this is the last time I will see one of them.

Sirius's Point Of View.

I turn one last time before dropping down to smile at Katniss. I get another rush of adrenaline, as always, when I see her. She is shaking her head frantically, pleading with me, with her eyes, not to go. But I must. I must leave quickly, before I lose control. I am filled with that cold, powerful sense, that precedes murder. I drop down from our cave and land lightly on my feet. The world is in sharp detail. I can smell dozens of diffrent types of dirt. Finnick lands beside me, not as lightly. I wait for him to catch his balance, before taking off into the forest. The world speeds by and I can tell from the sound of footsteps that Finnick is barely keeping up. He will be a nuisance. I can end this nuisance with a flick of my wrist, a throwing knife glinting in the moonlight. But unneccasary. Quite unneccasary. I like Finnick the best of the other boys. Of Peeta who can't save his life if the entire world depended on it. Of Gale who can't stop drooling over Katniss. My beloved Katniss. She will be safe there, I am sure of it. We are out on the Cornucopia now. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see what I have been hoping for. Movement. I change direction and sprint to the area. He tries to ambuse me, but the thought of a mere boy killing me is truly laughable. I duck and roll, coming up behind the idiot. His club hits the tree instead. I grab his wrist and shatter the bone by slamming it against the tree. He screams his pain, and tries to punch me. With ease, I catch his incoming wrist, and with a snap, I break his other wrist. His screams redouble. Finnick burts through the tree, trident raised. I wave him away and sieze the boy by the throat and drag him out in the open, where the cameras can see. He's thrashing, and a spear of annoyance pierces my head. Why can't he die politley? A flash of pain erupts in my head and I hold it in my hands, trying to not cry out in pain. The pain ends and I see the boy trying to crawl away. Finnick is lagging behind looking for others. I draw my sword and stalk over to the boy. I kick him, so his back is now on the ground. "Where is Cato?" I shout. He only shakes his head. "Where! Speak english?" I scream and lose control entirely. Only Issabella can stop my rages. I need to find her. But first Cato. Yes. My rage will only help. My sword plunges time and time again. The boy has stopping thrashing but I continue. I stop when i'm covered in blood and the boys body is unrecognizable. Finnick looks weary. "Lets keep moving," I growl. Where is that snake, Kale? I scan the forest and see the sea. We start moving towards it when I see a flash of gold. A cold smiles creeps onto my face. Kale. I dash forward and barely duck a spinning axe. A group of Careers. How many Career tribes are there this year? It does not matter. They will all go down the same way. I parry ones sword and take his head cleanly off. four left. I catch ones sword arm and with my other hand, First I throw my sword at a pretty girl, holding a knife. Now that my hand Is empty I break his sword arm with my elbow, than bring it back towards him into his face. He falls down with a bleeding nose. With my foot a kick a spear up and catch it. With a laugh a spear him, mercilessly. Two left. I duck ones useless mace, and come back up, spin him and catch him in a headlock. The other boys spear pierced his allies body instead of mines. I'm laughing uncontrollably. My final victime stumbles back and trips. I don't bother to chase him when he starts to run. Instead I throw a hatchet at him. He goes down with howl. Now, to find Kale. I retrieve my weapons and search the trees, when Kale drops down beside me. Before he can do anything he sieze his throat and throw him against a huge tree. He hits it and slides down. I walk over and place my boot against his chest. "Why, isn't it my old buddy, Kale. You know i've been killing to see you. Literally." I gesture behind me. "Now, where is Issabelle?" Before Kale can speak, my beautiful step-sister, my childhood crush, step from between the trees. She's all hips when she walks up to me and places a kiss on my lips. "Well, well, well. I hear you've been quite busy." I can't help but smile. "You have no idea."