Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 8.

Chapter 8.

I'm frantic. It's getting late and Sirius isn't back yet. What happened? Is he angry about his decision about saving Peeta? Is that why he ran away? I still haven't deciephered my feelings for him yet. I check Peeta's forehead. It's cool, so that's a good sign. Gale is by the entrance, his bow out. "Katniss, their about to show the deaths." I hurry over, praying to God that they are both alright. Would it be better if they had died? If they did that just means that I don't have to kill them. They show close to thirty faces. How many are left? The fire is burning low. As I stare into its flames I wonder where Sirius is now.

Sirius's Point Of View.

It is completely dark now. We are all sitting in a circle around a fire, burning brightly. If anyone dares to attack us, they will be dispatched easily enough. Bella is sitting close to me, hugging me for body warmth. Kale is eating a can of food. Finnick gets up. "I can't stay. I have to go to the sea. It was nice meeting you all. No offence but I hope I won't see any of you again. Nothing personal." I nod. I understand. The next time we meet, I will not bother to spare him as well. "Indeed." I get up to shake his hand. He kisses Bellas hand, to her delight, and to my....jealousy? He nods to Kale and runs into the woods, toward the sea. "Oooh, I like him," Bella purrs beside me. Already being in her presence has calmed my rage. I can think clearly now. "We better leave as well." Bella nods and get up. Kale continues to eat. "Alright, adios, friend." I nod goodbye to him, make sure we have everything, then we take off into the night. After a mile or two of running, we stop, taking a break. Bella takes a long drink from her water bottle and leans against me. "So," She says, panting. "Miss me?" I laugh and hug her. She's a little shorter than I am. Same black hair, and pale skin. She hugs me tightly back. We continue to run until we reach the mountain. She's doubled over, catching her breath. I can tell she's exaughsted. I lift her onto my shoulder, fireman style and start to climb the mountain. It's not to hard and I can easily see in the dark, without the aid of the nightvision glasses. We reach the top and I see that Gale has fallen asleep in his own sleeping bag. Katniss, to my dismay, is sleeping in the same sleeping bag with Peeta. That leaves one left. We stop and drink and relax. She rests her head against my shoulder and sighs. "Do you still love me?" She asks. I'm startled by the question. Long ago we loved eachother but she ended it, and not too nicely. "I've never forgotten, if that's what you mean." She looks at me, with her hazel eyes. "That's because, I'm unforgettable. She throws one legs over my lap, so she's facing me. She leans sown and kisses me. Now when I said she was my step-sister, When I was just a boy the Capitol brought me to District 4 and placed me in her moms house. I can't remember anything before that. Seeing Katniss lying with Peeta has triggered something. I kiss back, urgently, like if I don't inhale her, I will cease to live. As the fire dies, she drags me towards the sleeping bag.