Status: Active

The Undead Mockingjay

Chapter 9.

Chapter 9.

I wake up to sunshine pouring through the cave. I get up and check my backpack. Inside there is mouthwash. I swish it around my mouth as best as I can. I get up and spot a girl lying in a sleepingbag. "Sirius?" I examine the girl. I recognize her, from the Reaping! Sirius's Step-sister. "Yes?" Sirius is behind me and shirtless. "When did you get here?" I ask. "Last night. Anything eventful?" I shake my head. I look at the girl again. Is she even wearing clothes? I wonder. To answer my question, she gets up, and rubs her eyes. She's naked and suddenly I'm very jealous. She has curves in all the right places. She spots Sirius and smiles. She sees me and giggles. "Whoops." She quickly get dressed, and comes over and hugs Sirius. "Hi, I'm Issabella. Call me Bella." I truly want to hurt this girl. It would be easy to. I give her a false smile. Did they do anything last night? I wave the thought away. Ridicolous. "Where's Finnick?" Sirius gets dressed too. "Went to the sea, too meet some friends." I wake Peeta and Gale. Both look suprised to see Bella. They all do introductions. I am siezed with the need to do something....bold. I pull Sirius over to another set of caves, away from the others. Away from the girl. "You didn't wake me last night." I say. "You were sleeping with Lover Boy." Sirius's voice is cold, and, is there also hurt in it? "You slept with Bella?" I ask, fearing his answer. He nods, "Yea, there was only one other sleeping bag." I shake my head. "No not sleeping. Did you sleep with Bella?" He looks stunned. "What?" He starts laughing. Laughing! "No, I didn't." I'm relieved but say, "Well, she was naked." he laughs again, but then his face becomes serious. "She tried to. We came in and I saw you lying there. I was jealous, so she started to kiss me. She tried to get farther but I stopped it. I guess the naked part was a seduction technique. Katniss, I am yours, forever and for eternity." He tilts my face up with his hand and kisses me. For once, I continue the kiss, more urgent, desperate even. I rip his shirt off, my nails digging into his chest, when Gale walks in. He looks shocked then furious. "What are you doing!" He shouts. I feel angry too. Angry that people can walk in and disrupt my life that easily. "I'm not your pet, Gale!" I scream at him, fury building inside me. I see Sirius's hand dart to his temple. Is he in pain? Gale scowls and begins to walk away. I turn to Sirius, handing him his shirt, when I stop. Sirius's eyes are not his usual storm grey. They are a bright, metalic silver. Those silver eyes are filled with rage. He staggers towards Gale, still clutching his head. I'm stunned by all of this. What happened to his eyes? I grasp his arms, but he turns and pushes me roughly away. "No! Run!" He gasps. It's obvious that he is in immense pain. He lets out something between a snarl and a growl. Gale heard and turns back. Seeing that something is wrong he hurries over to check. Sirius is in a fetal position, whimpering. "Are you okay?" Gale asks. As if hearing his voice sparked something, Sirius raises his head and sniffs the air, as if he was a predator, smelling prey. He sees Gale, and smiles, showing his white teeth. faster then I can see, he flings himself onto Gale. Gale lets out a gasp of suprise and tries to get away. Gale lands a punch across Sirius's face, but that only makes thinks worse. He lets out a scream and raises his fist. Peeta tackles him and togethor, he and Gale try to hold him down. Sirius is stronger than both of them, and it takes all of their strength to hold him down. "Sirius, stop." The sound of Bellas voice acts like a drug. Sirius stops and pants. Bellas voice has changed. It's softer and musical. She begins to sing to Sirius. Sirius stops struggling and is panting. The silver in his eyes is dimming now, to his usual storm grey. He stops moving completely. He is as still as a statue. "What happened?" My voice is high and shrill. "Well, it's a long story. When we were about four, the Capitol came to my house and left the kid there. It's wierd as though, my mom was expecting him. I also can't remeber anything before that. In fact, that's my first memory of my mom. He sometimes has these rages where nothing can stop him. Only I can." I guess that's why he stopped thrashing. What happened?" Sirius's voice is horrified. "Katniss? Katniss! Oh God, please be all right." He's lying down on a sleeping bag now. I rush over. "I'm here, it's all right." The look of relief in his eyes is enourmous. He pulls me down into a gentle kiss. He falls asleep shortly after. I walk through the tunnels, just for something to do. I caress my locket. I open it and listen to the tune as I walk through the spiraling tunnels. By the time I get back It's dark. I'm about ten minutes away from our cave when I see Sirius. He runs towards me and sweeps me up into a hug. I hug him back. He cups my face and kisses me. I kiss back, longing that this time, noone interupts. We stand there for what seems like eternity, kissing. He picks me off the ground and spins me. "Your beautiful," he would say, between kisses. We're laying on the ground in a cavern now, kissing. "I love you." He says, his face a dream-like state. My adrenaline rushes. He's said the words. "I...I love you too!" The exhileration of saying those words is amazing. He smiles and looks as if his dream has finally come true. He stands me up and kneels before me. My breath catches. What's happening? He takes my hand and as if on cue, a hole opens up in the cieling and a small parachute falls through. Sirius picks it up and opens it, smiling. He produces a beautiful ring. It is black, though it's made from a finely carved gem of some kind. It is embedded with emeralds, rubbies and diamons. Carved in the gems is Sirius's Angel. On the inside of the ring, carved is I shall be yours forever, as long as eternity will exist. The same sentence on his sword. He places it on my wedding fnger. "Katniss Everdeen, will you marry me?"