Status: Contest Story. In Progress.

Forever in Your Life

One.

Sometimes opportunities arise that you never would’ve expected. There are times in everyone’s life where you get completely knocked off of your feet. Dizzily, you try and make sense of it all, but it’s actually pretty pointless, because you never really realize the inner workings of fate until it’s passed you by. It’s moments like those that you should live for, that should be your entire existence. Without them, life would be a mindless cycle, full of dull days and even duller nights. That’s how Maggie lives. She lives for the days when the unexpected happened. That was why she went to Europe in the first place. It was her last summer before college, before her freedom was snatched from her greedily. There wouldn’t be moments like this for a long time. Her entire world would consist of school work, clubs, work. Maggie was going to get sucked into that mindless existence, and she was stocking up on fun memories to hold her over.

That was why when she arrived in London, her final destination, she was ready for whatever came at her. She had spent the last several weeks in many different places, living life to the fullest. In Greece, she had gone skinny dipping with some locals, only to have her clothes snatched from the pier and ended up wearing a guy’s long t-shirt and that was it, for the rest of the day. In Italy, she had fallen in love with an older Italian vineyard owner. They had made love beneath the grapevines one night, squishing some of the fruits in her hair. In Amsterdam, she had gone to a rave, high on ecstasy. That had been the most mind-blowing experience she had ever taken part of, and it resulted in her not sleeping for two days straight.

She had been having a blast, not taking anything for granted. The good and the bad were welcomed by her this summer. She was taking whatever at stride. So when she was approached in a small restaurant in London by a gorgeous guy and offered a tour of the city as a local, she took it. He was gorgeous, with shaggy dark brown hair and the bluest eyes she was sure that she had ever seen. His features were angular, strong, but not altogether unpleasant. He was taller than her by almost a foot, and lean. He seemed oddly familiar to Maggie, but she didn’t quite place him until they went into this little shop tucked away from the normal hubbub of the city, and she found a poster with his face on it.

So, her friend ‘Nick’ was Nicholas Hoult, actor and sexpot extraordinaire. Maggie knew in that moment, as her gaze flicked from the poster to the man that was perusing the stack of t-shirts across the room, that this was another one of those moments. She told herself not to go fangirl on him, but to be honest, she had been crushing on him since ‘About a Boy’ came out. It was with a sly smile that she crossed over to him and slid her hand into his. He turned, his half-smile that he was so famous for on his face. “I’m thinking dinner, and then the best club in London.”

He nodded in agreement, and led her out of the shop. They took a bus across the city, to apparently the best Indian restaurant she would ever eat at. They got their table, and spent the meal in conversation. He was quite different than she expected him to be, and she liked that. Maggie could feel herself falling in love once more. That was one other thing about her. She fell in love a lot, and rather quickly. She loved to be in love and threw the word around like it was going out of style. She didn’t see any harm in it though, because who didn’t want to hear those words every once in awhile? Especially when the person saying them meant them with every inch of her being. And Maggie did. When she said ‘I love you’, she was being honest. To her, it was love.

After they had their fill, they stopped by Maggie’s hotel room, so that she could change. As she was in the bathroom in her lacey undergarments, staring at herself in the mirror, she wondered what he would do if she seduced him. Her lips quirked up in a smile. She honestly didn’t think he would mind. But that would wait. All good things came to those who had patience. She slid her slinky black dress over her body, and snapped her heels onto her feet. After tousling her hair sexily, she was ready to go. Hand in hand, they grabbed another bus, and made their way towards the club.

Inside, the party was hopping. Lights were dancing over them, and the people were crushed together like sardines as they danced. It looked straight from the TV show he was on, making Maggie laugh quietly to herself. Nick led the way over to the bar and grabbed the two of them shots. They downed them, and then grabbed another.

“You’re a lot different than most Americans,” he yelled, leaning close so that she could hear him.

“You’re a lot different than most actors,” she replied with a smirk, causing him to blush before clinking their small glasses together. The vodka burned going down, a good feeling for Maggie. She hooked a finger into one of his belt loops and pulled him towards the dance floor after two more shots. She was feeling good as she pressed her back up against him, her face tucked into the crook of his neck. His hands found her waist as they moved to the beat. Maggie turned herself, placing her hands behind his neck, tangling her fingers into his hair. One of her legs intertwined his. The friction, and sexual tension, was enough to burn her insides. She skimmed her hands down his shoulders, over his chest.

And then, they kissed.