The Crow Watches Over Me...

Chapter 2

"Thank God its Friday!" screamed Kira
"I know! But we still have work tonight." I sighed
It was only 3 and I already had to worry about work. Oh well, its nap time. Setting my alarm for 5 so I could have an hour to get ready before we had to leave to open at 7:30.

I groaned rolling over in bed and hitting my alarm knowing that if I didn’t get up now that id be late opening the club and people would be pissed.
Getting up and walking into Kira's room I quietly open the door and walk over to her.
"Wake Up!" I yelled
We always did this to each other, the first to get up would rudely wake the other. She does it to me in the mornings before school, I do it at night before work.
"Your shot is waiting for you in the kitchen" I said walking into the kitchen to have my shot.
Yes, we take a shot of Jack Daniels before work every day, and in the mornings it Skyy Blue Vodka.
Getting into the shower I felt instantly relaxed, but quickly did what I needed to do so I didn’t waist the hot water, not like I don’t anyways but still, no harm in trying. Wrapping a fluffy black towel around my body I went into my room to blow-dry my hair. After straightening my honey brown locks I pilled on my clothes. Tonight I decided on a black miniskirt, and a avenged sevenfold baby doll with fishnets and gloves. Walking back into the bathroom to put on my make up I ran into Kira getting ready.
"Heya hun." She said her hair still dripping wet from her shower
"Hey, you need to hurry if were going to get there on time." I said

Getting my eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, and lip gloss out I started getting ready. First eyeliner on my bottom lid, then liquid for the top. Mascara was easy, then I brushed my teeth before I forgot. Lip gloss, and of course my eye shadow was done last because it took the longest. First a black that faded then a blood red.
Getting to work with only five minutes to spare I went straight to the back to check my phone messages while Kira opened the front doors.
"You have three new messages." Said the voice from my answering machine.
"Message One:"
"Hey Ale its Zacky, I haven't talked to you in forever! Give me a call later!"
"Message one erased. Message Two:"
" Its Ty and I don’t know if we are still coming, but Laura said she'd call to let you know."
"Message two erased. Message Three:"
"Hey Ale its Laura and yes we're still coming out to see you. And Zacky cant wait to see you! Call me later so I can give you the details. Love you."
"Message three erased. There are no more messages"

Walking into the bar I saw some regulars waiting for me. I went behind the bar to start the slush machines so I wouldn’t forget. I forget things very easily.
"Hey Bruno, the usual?" I asked
"You know me too well" he said
Making Bruno his drink and doing the same for the rest of the regulars, someone walked in. This mystery man came up to you
"I need to talk to you." He said
"Ok but first things first, who are you?"
" Not someone to mess with." He said
"Give me 20 minutes, that’s when I get my break, ill meat you out back." I said walking away to make another drink.
" You do know he's the leader of the biggest gang in Detroit, right?" asked Bruno
"Your kidding, right? " I asked
" Nope I'm not, so be careful." He said
Walking over to Kira I pulled her into the back room.
" Kira I need to leave early to take care of some business." I said
" Why? What's going on Ale?" She asked with a worried expression on her face
" The leader of the biggest gang in the city wanted to talk to me, so to keep anything bad from happening to the club im taking it away from here. Keep a close eye on things while im gone tonight." I said
" Ok Ale, but please be careful I don’t want anything bad happening to you." She said
" I will. Can you close at 2 tonight?" I asked
"Yeah I can, See you at home." She said
I saw that she was about to cry. I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug
" Hey don’t worry, Ill be fine." I said pulling back from our hug and wiping her tears away
She nodded " I know, but I can't help but worry." She said