‹ Prequel: Friends With Benefits
Status: Sequel to Friends With Benefits.

Love-Fool

Say that You Need Me

Image

Love-Fool

Part 1

Say that You Need Me

Chapter 22

Joe sat on the couch in his suite, when he heard someone knock on his door; he got up as fast as he could, hoping it was Payton. He opened the door and it was, he smiled foolishly and let her walk past him.

“Well, I’m here” she stated, setting her bag down on the table.

“I’m so freaking happy you’re here” he told her, walking over to her and wrapping his arms about her tight.

“So, where did she go?” Payton asked, referring to Mari.

“She went to see some old high school friends of hers, who live here” Joe told her.

“When will she be back?” Payton asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Ok, where are the kids?” she then asked.

“Their in their room, I told Soph you were coming, she was very happy” Joe stated. Payton smiled.

“I was too.”

“And why is that?” he asked, placing his hands on her hips.

“No reason” she stated.

“Why do you need help with taking care of your own children?” she then asked.

“Well, last time I watched them they broke something, and I gave them sugar….” Joe trailed off.

“Why did you do that?” she asked. “It’s 9:30 at night.”

“So they would shut up” Joe whined.

“Whoa, you’re an awesome dad” she said, with sarcasm. He stuck his tongue out at her.

“Oh, that’s so mature” she then said, with the same sarcasm.

“Shut up” he whined.

****

“Payton’s here” Joe yelled, as they both walked into the kid’s room. Mason was playing with Joe’s shaving cream and Sophia was coloring but missing and hitting the floor with her marker.

“Payton” Sophia yelled, in one day she already liked her a lot, that’s little kids for you.

“Who wants to watch a movie?” Payton asked.

“MEEEE” Joe yelled.

“I’m not asking you.”

“Oh, well, wow, that really hurts, Payton.” Joe stated, holding hid hand over his heart.

“You’ll live” she told him.” So, I got, The Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo.”

“What’s with the fish theme?” Joe asked. “Now I gotta pee.”

“Oh, good lord, Joe.”

****

“I don’t know when, I don’t know how, but I know something is starting right now” The TV sang, then WAAAAHH WAAAHHH busted through the room.

“Pay’s on Mason duty” Joe said, in a sing song voice, Payton rolled her eyes and got up.

“It probably is DUTY too” Joe then stated, smirking.

A few minutes she came back, with him in her arms.

“He wants you” she told Joe, setting his son on his lap.

“Why is the girl always in the cave?” Sophia asked.

“She liked all the stuff she put in there, they are her treasures” Payton told the girl.

”Why doesn’t she just put them in her room?” Sophia asked.

“Because, her daddy doesn’t like them.”

“Why doesn’t he like them?”

“He thinks their bad” Payton said.

“Are they bad?” Sophia asked.

“No.”

“Why does he think that then?”

“Uhh, ask your daddy” Payton said, getting up to get more popcorn.

A few minutes latter Joe joined Payton in the kitchen, Mason free.

“Where’s the baby?” she asked.

“Oh the couch.”

“You left him on the couch?” Payton asked, shocked.

“Yeah…” Joe trailed off.

“He could hurt himself.”

“He’s half asleep, don’t worry” Joe told her.

“Whatever you say” Payton stated, getting the bag of popcorn out of the microwave.

“You know what this reminds me of?” Joe then asked, with a smile.

“What?” she asked.

“When we were kids, we used to play house, I was the daddy and you were the mommy and Nick was our kid, remember?” Joe asked.

“Yeah” Payton smiled along with him. “And Kevin was the dog.”

Joe laughed. “It’s weird how things change.”

“Yeah” she agreed, the smile fading fast.

“But, you know the one thing I don’t ever want to change?” he asked.

“Hm?”

“I don’t ever want to stop being your friend, those 3 years without you were the worst, I don’t want to go through that again” he grabbed her hands, making her look at him. “I need you in my life, Payton.”Their eyes locked.

Her breath was jagged as they gazed into each others eyes, it had been so long sense she’s looked into his big brown eyes, she forgot how lost you could get in them.

A loud CRASH broke the eye contact, seconds latter they heard Mason’s screams.

“DADDDDY” Sophia then yelled.

“I told you” Payton yelled, hitting Joe in the arm as they rushed back into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Way to have a moment ruined, eh??

How do you feel about this chapter?

Did you want something more to happen?

Did you want that to happen at all?

TELL ME!!

Please comment!!!

And thank you all so much for the comments I have, they are AWESOME!!!