‹ Prequel: Friends With Benefits
Status: Sequel to Friends With Benefits.

Love-Fool

Say That You Need Me

Image

Love-Fool

Part 1

Say That You Need Me

Chapter 34

It was late at night. Payton was asleep in her bed when the annoying jungle song went off. She opened her eyes and looked at the clock.

“4:01, what the hell, Joe?” she asked herself, the phone continued to ring, she got up and took the phone out of the room, so she didn’t wake up Robbie who was snoring his head off.

She walked into the hall and answered the phone.

“Joe…its 4 in the morning.”

“She wants a divorce” he said, ignoring her, he sounded sad.

“Who does?” she asked, half asleep.

“June Cleaver” he said with attitude. “MY f*cking wife, Mari.

“What happen?” Payton asked.

“Well, remember a few weeks ago when you asked me if I was even in love with her? So I just wanted to talk about it and she told me that she doesn’t love me…she never did and she then kicked me out of my own house.”

I’m sorry, Joe” she said, feeling kinda guilty, if she didn’t bring it up he wouldn’t have even wanted to talk about it.

“I really don’t know if I’m upset or not… I can’t figure out what I am feeling” he told her.

“Where are you?” she asked him.

“In a hotel room…” he trailed off.

“I’m sorry” she told him again.

“Its ok, I’m just glad I have you to talk to” he told her.

“You think she will let you come back?” Payton then asked.

“I don’t think so” Joe said, laying back into his bed, it was crazy how much better he felt just talking to Payton.

“You never know, she may, you guys fight all the time, she will portably change her mind…girls do that.”

“Who says I want her back?” he asked.

“I don’t know, she’s the mother of your kids.”

“I never thought about that, what is going to happen with them?” he asked, he was starting to feel upset again.

“If you do brake up, then you can still take care of them.”

“Yeah, but I wouldn’t get to see them everyday.”

“I don’t know, Joe, I’m not married and I don’t have any kids.”

“You think you ever will have kids?” he asked her.

“I don’t know, if I find the right guy…” she trailed off.

“Who’s the right guy?” he asked.

“I don’t know” she told him.

“What do you want in a guy?” he asked.

“Someone sweet and caring and a good father and a…”

“Well, I’m out of the running.”

“Why?” she asked.

“I am a bad father.”

“You are not…you’re a good dad” she told him.

“No I’m not” he looked down, playing with the sheets over top of him.

“You’re kinda clueless, but you love your kids and you would do anything for them that makes you good dad.”

“You think so?” he asked, smiling a little.

“I know so, Joe” she told him, sitting down at the top of the stairs.

A peaceful silence feels over them, until Joe broke it.

“Payton I…” he trailed off.

“You what?” she asked.

“I lo… I… I’m really tired” he gave up trying.

“Go to bed” she told him.

“Will stay on the phone with me until I fall asleep?” he asked.

“I will” she said getting up and going back in her room.

“Will you sing me a lullaby?” he asked.

“No, unless you wanna hear dying cats moaning” she told him.

“Ok, just lay with me…” he trailed off. She lay down and sighed.

“Remember when we used to do this?” he asked her. “We would call each other on the phone when you got into a fight with Nick and we would fall asleep together on the phone.”

“I remember that” she smiled.

“Everything seemed so much easier then, everything was just laid back and chill when we were kids, then you get older and you start having kids and a family, then your wife kicks you out and you start to realize she was never what you wanted in the first place and you realize that what you want is in love with your married brother… You try to hard not to tell that person, sometimes you just have to get it out even if they don’t feel the same way….” He sighed heavily on the phone “Payton…I… I love you.”

A minute went by and nothing came from the other side of the phone. “Payton?” he asked. He heard a soft moan, it sounded like she had fallen asleep.

“And then you talk like an ass on the phone to the girl your in love with and she’s asleep” he said with spite. “Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, here's chapter 34.

Do you think Pay was really asleep or do you think she was faking?

Do you think Joe should have told her how he felt about her?

Do you think Mari will take him back?

Please comment and tell me!!