‹ Prequel: Friends With Benefits
Status: Sequel to Friends With Benefits.

Love-Fool

Say That You Need Me

Image

Love-Fool

Part 1

Say That You Need Me

Chapter 37

Payton and Joe sat in front of Mari and her slue of people she had working for her. She was giving them the evil eye as they sat there.

The judge walked in and sat down at the table. “Ok Mrs. Jonas.”

“I want full custody of the kids” she stated.

“What?” Joe asked, but he was ignored.

“How about shared custody?” the judge asked.

“No, I want full…he’s a bad father anyway.”

“At least I spend time with my kids” Joe yelled.

He was ignored again. “I want to move to New York with my mother to get away from him….he’s abusive.”

“WHAT?” Joe asked again.

“Both of the kids are scared of him... he smacks them and when I ask him to watch them… witch is hardly ever…. He doesn’t even watch them” she stated. “And he’s cheating on me…with that girl.”

Payton looked around the table noticing that she was brought up.

“That’s not true…were just friends” Joe said.

“Him and his brother used to…do her… at the same time.”

“Whoa, whoa whoa…that was one time…why the f*ck does everyone think they need to bring that up?” Joe half yelled.

“This is true, Jonas?” the judge asked.

“Yeah…not all of it… the things she said about me and my brother were true… but wasn’t like I liked it or anything.”
He nodded putting stuff down on a peace of paper.

“You can’t let her take away my kids because I was a manwhore…. I like sex… that’s how I got kids.”

“ And I’ve never cheated on her” Joe added.

“That’s not what I’m worried about, Mr. Jonas, it’s the abuse part” the judge stated. “I’m not going to grant shared custody if you’re going to hurt your children.”

“I never…ever hit them… I would never.”

“That’s what they all say” Mari stated.

“Uh, I’ve seen him with his kids, and he’s great with them…kind of dumb, but he’s Joe” Payton said, finely talking.

“Don’t listen to her; of course she says that, she’s his lover.”

“I am not his lover… I have a boyfriend.”

“And that stops you?” Mari asked.

Payton sighed, defeated, she looked over to Joe but he looked the same way.

“Alright, this is court is dismissed” the judge judged. “Be back here in 2 weeks for a fallow up.”

****

“They can’t do that.”

“They wont, there’s no proof that you’ve ever laid a hand on them.”

“She wants to move to New York…. She can’t f*cking do that either.”

Joe sighed and laid his head down on Payton’s shoulder, they were sitting in the car; in front of the office. She ran her fingers thru his thick dark hair, trying to calm him down.

****

Payton and Joe walked into the hospital; Joe had finely pulled himself together before they walked in.

They walked to her father room and walked in to see him and his wife sharing a sweet kiss. Joe’s stomach turned at this, not because he was loosing his wife, but that he wanted to have that with Payton, he wanted to get old with her, he only wished he knew that before he even married Mari.

“Hey, dad” Payton said, walking over to the hospital bed and gave him a small hug.
He smiled at her and looked at Joe. “I haven’t seen you in awhile, Joe.”

“Sorry, it’s nice to see you.”

“I haven’t heard from you in like.. 2 years” her dad stated.

“I don’t know…” Joe trailed off.

“This boy…man… called everyday for a year to see if I’ve heard from you… of course I had but you said you didn’t want to hear from them so I lied but finely I had to tell him that I did and that you didn’t want to talk to them… he started crying on the phone then hung up on me.”

“You did?” Payton asked him.

Joe just looked down at his hands.

“I felt bad for the guy... he seemed heart broken, he called back a few times to ask if I would give him your number but I didn’t.”

Payton couldn’t help it and started laughing at Joe, who was blushing like a mad man.

“I’m sorry to do that to you, man” Payton’s dad told him.

“Its ok…” he trailed off.

“I didn’t know I hurt you that bad, Joe.”

“I don’t want to talk about it…” he trailed off again.

“Oh come one, son it’s nothing to be ashamed of… you loved my daughter.”

He sighed looking up at Payton; bad idea, she was smirking at him, his stomach turned again and he quickly looked back down.

“So, them Yankees huh?” her dad then asked, changing the subject.

“They suck…” Payton trailed off.

****

Joe and Payton walked into Joe’s hotel room. Joe went and sat down on his bed.

“So…” Payton trailed off.

Joe didn’t say anything, just kept sitting there.

“You have been acting weird sense we went to the hospital…what’s wrong with you?” she asked him.

“Nothing” he stated.

“Joe, I know you to well for that shit, what’s wrong with you?”

“You wonder what’s wrong with me really?” he asked, a little too snippy.

“Yeah.... kinda.”

“Well lets see... I’m losing my kids… then I go to the hospital and I get made fun of.”

“No one was making fun of you, Joe” she told him.

“It felt like you were.”

“We weren’t… but it was funny.”

“There you go” he yelled.

“In a cute way….” She trailed off.

“Well, I’m sorry being heart broken doesn’t seem cute to me.”

“Joe…stop being a douche.”

“No, I’m tired of this.”

“Tired of what?” she asked, annoyed.

“I’m tired of Mari being a bitch…and I’m tried of being in love with you.”

“What?” she asked.

“I just need to go get drunk or something” he said, getting up and walking to the door.

“Your not leaving, till you tell me what the f*ck your talking about.”

“I love you, Payton, I’m in love with you.”

“But…” she trailed off, suddenly her breath was gone.

“And I just can’t take it anymore” he said, barley above a whisper.

She felt over whelmed, like she was going to pass out, she walked over to the bed and sat down. She put her face in her hands, still trying to breathe.

He came over and sat down next to her. He touched her arm slightly.

“I thought we all were over this?” she asked.

“I know, but I can’t help it, I tired to just be your friend… but I just can’t.”

She looked up at him and he was staring at her intensely, their eyes locked, both trying to get answers with out words.

“I’m sorry” he muttered.

“Don’t be sorry” she whispered to him, she could feel him getting closer and closer to her. He grabbed her hands in his as they continued to pear into each others eyes, still getting closer and closer.

She gasped as his lips finely touched hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for an update, I'm sure for some of you it was wroth it!!

So, do you think Mari should get the kids?

Do you think Payton will tell Joe she loves him back?

Do you think they will get it on?

Please comment and tell me!!