The Label-Less Girl

And Today was a Day Just Like Any Other

You know everyday when someone wakes up; they hope that today is a good day. I stopped saying that since I was 13 and my cousin came prancing in and told me that my favorite dog had just died; days like that just take all your hopes for a good day away.

So when I woke up this morning to a rainy day, I smiled to myself. Rain is a good sign for me; nothing can go wrong if it’s raining already. I dressed, brushed my hair & put it in a pony tail. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. Then I grabbed my bag and headed to my car. The rest of my family was still asleep, they wake up at 8 or so… it was 7 am, by the way.

My car is a Red Mitsubishi Lancer 2006, I love it to death. I started it and the sound of Green Day invaded my mind. Now I had to pick up all my friends and then go to school.

My friends consisted in four girls: Erin [my partner in crime], Amy [the logical one], Imogene [the self proclaimed rebel] and Beatrice [the book worm]. We had met in elementary school, and one day a boy picked on Beatrice because she was reading a book, so Erin, Amy, Imogene and I devised a revenge plan. Since that day, we have been inseparables.

We got to school at exactly 7:45, I parked my car and just then, another car parked beside mine, we looked at the other car and my heart started to beat faster. It was Gerard Way’s car, and in it the rest of his gang. His gang consisted of: Raymond Toro, Mikey Way, Bob Briar and Frank Iero.

“Umm…Rain? You’re drooling,” Erin said, lightly slapping me.

“You have to admit, they’re a good looking bunch,” Imogene admitted.

“Guys, sorry to cut the fun short, but we have to go to class, and they’re gone,” Amy said.

So we got out of the car and into our classes, Erin and I were in the same year and we always shared classes with either Frank or Mikey. The first class was chemistry, my favorite subject because Erin and I always paired up and made experiments that would always explode.

“Good morning, class. Please sit at your tables and we shall start a new subject” Mr. de Lint told us.

Erin and I looked at each other and smiled. We were going to sit at our usual table, when the teacher talked again.

“Miss Baker and Miss Sullivan, you are not going to be paired together, so I’m assigning a new partner for each of you,” he said while writing something in the blackboard.

I groaned and hit my head on the table.

“Mr. de Lint you can’t do that. I’ll die if I’m not close my best friend!” Erin said putting a hand on her forehead.

“Miss Sullivan, stop being dramatic and seat with Mr. Way,” the teacher said with a glare.

Wait a minute. Mikey is always the partner of Frank, which means…

“Mr. Iero, you will be sitting with Miss Baker this whole year,” the teacher announced.

Note to self: Kill me now!
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to Glow-Worm-x
because she gave me
Frankie on a box!