The Label-Less Girl

Did He Just Call Me Beautiful?

Chemistry was going fine until the professor told us to start our experiments, that meant talking with our partners, I glanced at Erin’s table, she was flirting with Mikey, she doesn’t lose any time, I was thinking about Mikey and Erin’s wedding when a voice returned me to Earth.

“Bella, we have to do this proyect, unless you don’t want your grade,” Frank told me, my God, he had a deep, sexy voice, I didn’t realize that before.

“Wait, what did you call me?” I asked, my first words, and I ask a stupid question. I’m pathetic.

“Bella,” he told me.

“Why?” I asked again, starting to work on the experiment, not really thinking what I was pouring in the mixture.

“Well… your name is Anabelle, you take out the Ana and there’s Belle left, and if you change the last “e” to “a” you have Bella which means beautiful in Italian,” he explained.

Wait, rewind and pause. Did he just call my beautiful? I opened my mouth to speak when an explosion was heard in the room.

“Who did that?” the teacher said looking at us.

Frank, Mikey, Erin and I were covered in white powder.

“You four…” he started.

I closed my eyes waiting for the worse.

“Have done this experiment correctly!” he smiled.

The bell rang, I dusted myself off and turned to my left, but Frank wasn’t there. I sighed, and went to my next class.

Note to self: did he just call me beautiful?