Heart-Shaped Glasses

Snow Day

We walked threw the brisk winter air hand in hand. It actually wasn't as cold as it should be in late January. It was a little above freezing and windy. We were scheduled for a blizzard tomorrow, which might mean no school, or at least a two-hour delay.

I have good news, I am no longer afraid of riding on the 'elevators'. I have gotten used to them and actually look forward to riding. We both walked into the lobby and sat down on one of the couches together, too lazy to walk to my apartment.

"I'm tired sweetheart," he whispered in my ear.

I responded my nuzzling my face into his chest. I loved this guy with all of my bloody heart. He kissed me on top of my head and rested his head on it. I too felt like my eyes could just close and I would never wake up. I readjusted my head on his chest and let my eyelids close.

****

I woke and rubbed my eyes of the sand. I carefully reached into my pocket to check my phone without waking Frank. I peered into the bright light. It turns out that we have been asleep for about 4 hours. I carefully slipped out of Frank's arms (and head), trying not to wake him. No such luck, he stirred and squinted at me.

"wha," he said tilting his head to the side ever so slightly.

"Shh," I placed a finger to my lips.

He nodded his head and stood up. Stretching out his arms and back, just enough for his shirt to come up exposing his tattooed stomach. I could not help but let my eyes drift around that area.

He came back up and I quickly snapped my eyes up to his face.

He raised his eyebrow and smirked. "I caught you," knowing damn well what I was looking at.

I opened my mouth to retort then closed it. There was no use trying to convince my stubborn boyfriend.

I pressed the down button on the elevator and held the door so Frank could walk in. I punched the appropriate keys and the floor dropped from beneath us.

We walked sleepily to my apartment and crashed on to my bed. Noticing that Ashley wasn't in her bed, leaving the conclusion that she was at Noel's. I quickly changed into my sweats and threw Frank a large band tee. Then went to the bathroom to do my nightly things. I returned to find Frank lying on my bed already half asleep. Poor kid, must have wasted himself doing God knows what. I slipped under the covers and snuggled next to him. I was also extremely tired from school and work today.

****

The sound of the radio next to my head blared loudly, meaning that it was 6:00am. Time to get up and get ready for school. I was humming to myself in the shower when I heard the door open.

"Babe why you up?" Frank asked sleepily.

I rolled my eyes, not that he could see them or anything. "Cause Frank it's Thursday, and as far as I know, it would be a school day."

"But there's going to be a genomic snow storm today, so why bother get ready?"

"Hmm, well can you go check for me please," I stuck my head around the shower curtain and gave him a sincere smile and puppy dog eyes.

He nodded and exited the room. I quickly finished up and blow dried my hair. The door started to open again. I quickly checked to see if my towel was covering all the needed areas.

Frank smiled broadly at me, "no school babes." You could see the excitement in his dark eyes.

I smiled back and unplugged my blow dryer. "So what are we going to do today Frankie?"

He shrugged, "go back to sleep."

I laughed quietly to myself, knowing that I'm more awake then not now and there was no hope of any more sleep.

"OK Frank, but I'm going to start my day, I'll be quiet for you."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "you aren't going back?"

I shook my head, "nah I'm hungry and have things to do." I ran my tongue over my exposed canines.

He smirked, "I think you're sexy when you are like that."

It was my turn to furrow my eyebrows.

"With your fangs babes" He smiled wider to flash me his canines. He wrapped his tattooed arms around my towel covered body and kissed my sweetly on the lips, running his tongue along my piercings. I smiled a bit and pulled away.

"Whatever happened to going back to sleep," I raised my eyebrow.

He shrugged again, "I quickly lost interest when you said you weren't going to be with me."

"Aw that's sweet." I smiled and tilted my head ever so slightly. "Well I'm going to go grab some food, maybe I'll go walk in the storm just for the hell of it."

I stepped out of the bathroom and grabbed some clothes, a thermal and a pair of ripped jeans. Then made my way to the kitchen area, and realized that I had to go to the main building if I wanted some blood. I sighed and called to Frank that I was going to grab some blood and asked if he wanted some.

"Yeah, thanks babe."

I grabbed my jacket and shoes, then locked the door behind me. There was no one in the lobby when I exited the elevator. I shrugged and walked up to the other elevator that took me above ground.

It was chilly and beautiful outside. Snow puffs were blowing about. The wind went right through my jacket, chilling me to the bone. I walked in silence down the snow-covered path to the main building. It was a nice, normal looking building. The inside was empty to non-D.D. eyes. My eyes see dark wood finishing and blood red furnishings. People bustling around and tapestries hung on the windowless walls.

I made a right hand turn to the blood bank. I inserted one of my many keys, into the slot and turned. The lock clicked and allowed me to enter. I read the sign on the inside of the door, explaining what was in and when the restock will be coming. I grabbed a couple of bags of each and recorded it on the paper. My dorm was in need of a restock. I shoved the packs into a bag and relocked the door. But before I could make it out of the building altogether, someone stopped me.

"Ms. Tallon."

I turned around to see Tomas. Oh great, now what. I still remembered his cold attitude and sharpness oh his voice.

"Vladimir would like to see you now."
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)