Heart-Shaped Glasses

Flicks in the Night

"Jamie, piss, Jamie" someone's voice was calling my name from my seat in history. I turned my head sideways so I could get a good look at who was calling.

"Yes Frank," I whispered back.

"What's the answer to number 4?"

"Frank it is supposed to be 'independent' work not 'let's copy Jamie' work."

"But Jamie," he whined

"Frank," I rose my voice a little.

"Ms. Tallon, come here please." Our short-tempered history teacher called out. I gave frank a look and made my way through the rows of desks.

"You do know how muck I love talking, especially after I told the class to stay silent, numerous times."

"Yes, but…" I knew that it would be wise to take my detention silently.

"No buts," she scribbled out my form and handed it to me, "Monday". I took it from her and sat back down.

"Thanks," I said to Frank and flapped the detention form at him. We finished our work as the bell rang.

"Well look on the brighter side, you can have detention with me" Frank smiled in an attempt to lighten me up.

"It’s not that I'm pissed about getting it in the first place, I mean look at what she wrote, 'Jamie Tallon was being disruptive in class today…' I didn't even do anything." I leaned into Frank's side and let him drape his tattooed arm over my shoulder.

"One more class left till we get out of this shithole," Frank said aloud as we walked through the crowded hallway of the high school.

"Yah and it's Friday too,"

"So are we going anywhere to night?" Frank asked as we rounded the corner to go to painting elective.

"Um Ashley, Kyle, Noel, and I were going out to see a movie and then walk around town. You could come if you want."

"Sure that sounds like fun."
****

"Hurry up you tools! We are going to be late for the movie." Ashley called out to us from the hallway that leads down to our showcase. Noel had his arms wrapped around her thin waist. Frank grabbed his drink in one hand and the popcorn in the other.

"Keep your pants on, we’re ready." Frank called out to her. She narrowed her eyes at him and gave into Noel's requests.

"Ready to go see another gory movie?" I asked Kyle who was trailing behind us.

He lifted his head and starred at me with his now brown eyes. I am sort of sad that we look nothing alike now. You could hardly call us twins if you didn’t know that we shared the same last name. "Yah I guess."

I gave my brother a troubled look, "Kyle what's wrong. I left Frank's side and put my arm around Kyle's narrow shoulders.

"Nothing,"

I didn't believe him, not one bit. But the movie was going to start without us and I think it would be better if I left it alone till later.

The movie was pretty good. Except for the times that I had to hide in Kyle's chest because it was very scary.

****

I threw a pop tart into the toaster oven and set it to the appropriate time. It was about 1:00 in the morning, but I wasn't anywhere near going to sleep. Especially after that movie we just saw about 3 hours ago. Ashley was over at Noel's for the night, which left the whole apartment to me. I turned on the stereo and bustled around our cd collection for something good. My eyes landed on Atreyu's 'Lead Sails Paper Anchor'. I opened the case and popped it into the stereo. Doomsday started to blast out of the speakers. I heard the ding of the toaster oven signaling that my snack was ready. I pulled it out and tried to eat it, only to feel it burn my tongue. After the pop tart dilemmas I left it on the counter to cool off, there was three loud knocks on the front door. I rushed over to open it.

"Hey, can I come in?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to think why Frank was at the door at this time at night. "Ya sure," I said stepping out of the doorway to let him by.

++Frank's POV++

My hands were a little sweaty and I was nervous as hell. I knew I had to do it sooner or later so what better time but now, right?

"So what ya doing?" she asked in a casual voice.

I laughed nervously, "Bob kicked my out because I kept bugging him when he was trying to sleep."

She giggled a little. Her laugh is so cute. "So let my guess, you need a place for the night?"

"Ya and also, I have something to ask… err tell you."

She looked up at me with her gig green eyes.

"Jamie, s-since the day I saw you, all jumbled and confused, I s-sort of, you know what never mind." I can’t believe that I was stuttering like a total moron, and now I was backing out of my chance to ask her. I don’t know why I was so nervous, I mean I've asked tons of girls out before. It could by my fear of rejection, or maybe it was that maybe I didn't want to screw our whole friendship up. This girl was one of my best friends. I could talk to her about anything and hangout for hours.

"What o sot Frank?" she motioned me to sit on the couch next to her. I took her invitation.

"Damn it Jaime, will you be my mother fucking girlfriend!" I let out a big sigh and starred at her. My heart was beating so hard I thought it would just pop right out of my chest.

Her gaze warped into a broad smile, "Frank, yes I would love too." I felt my heart flutter and I leaned in to her. She met me half way. I kissed her like I wanted to do ever since I met her. Her lips were so smooth and sweet. I felt as high as a kite I was so happy.
She pulled away and stared at me with a cute smirk on her face. I wrapped my arm around her slender shoulders and pulled her to my side. With the weight of telling Jamie lifted off my shoulders, I was able to fall asleep, next to my new girlfriend.

****

++Jamie's POV++

I woke up to the soft sound of Frank's steady breathing. Being careful not to wake him, I removed his arm from my shoulder and tiptoed into the small kitchen. I pulled out some coffee grounds and dumped them into the coffee maker. Pulling out a mug and setting it on the counter. I was humming Deer Dance to myself as I took out a box of cereal and a bowl. Dancing to myself while I grabbed my spoon. I heard movement in the other room and a pair of tattooed arms wrapped around my waist.

"Good morning sleepy head," I said to him over my shoulder.

"hmmf, what time is it?" he sounded half asleep.

I checked the wall clock, "It's 11:30 Frank."

"Hmm wanna come back to bed?" he had his eyes closed and he stuck his chin out all cute with a grin on his lips.

"Calm down Frankie, you just got me last night." I laughed lightly and started to eat my breakfast with Frank still attached to me.

"Frankie," I whined, "I got to eat, I'm starving."

"No," he retorted in a childish voice.

"Clingy much" I shot back at him.

"I am not clingy. Take it back,"

I copied his childish voice, "nope." He let go of my hips and took a seat next to me as I poured the coffee into my mug. I motioned to him with the mug.

"Sure"

I poured him a class of the hot steamy liquid. There was two hard knocks on the door.

"Can you get that?" I asked him sweetly.

He huffed and got out of his seat.

I called after him, "Thank you!"

A couple of moments later Ashley came in with Noel trailing behind. There was never a time when those two were not together.

"Have fun last night?" I ask Ashley as she sat down in Frank's chair.

"Ha, ha your brother has so funny. Every time we got down in Noel's room, Kyle would bang on the door and yell something at us."

I laughed with her, just because it is Kyle and I could picture him doing that.