Song for My Romeo

one

He sat up drowsily, a lock of his hair falling into his face. He pulled the blanket off of him, quickly, noticing my stare, and glided towards me. He caressed my lips with his own. "I love you," he whispered softly. I longed to push him back down into the bed and enjoy him again. However, I had work, and he had school. Any trace of romantisism I held for the man had left long ago. Yet, the lust remained. As did the hurt.

I met the man who laced my bed for so many nights at a club. He was surrounded by men, dancing and grounding upon their exposed and heated flesh. The lights and music seemed to bend to his will. He was the most devestatingly handsome man (well, to be honest with myself, boy) I had ever seen. He shuffled to the bar where I was, winking at me. I wondered vaguely where his own shirt was.

"Buy me a drink?" He asked coyly. I nodded violently, already drunk on his attention. He smiled, grabbing my hand.
"What about the drink?" I asked nervously, he laughed and I heard wedding bells.
"Let's go to your place," he chuckled.

That night was... wonderful. I woke up believing I was in love. All the pretty words he had told me, all the beautiful moans he had made. I thought he would stay not only the morning, but until the end of time. But he was gone. I didn't even know his name.

After a weekend of pitying myself, it was time to get ready for my new job. I had been able to score a job at a local high school teaching english. It was only a teacher's salary, but it would pay the rent. I tried my hardest to get into a professional mood, but the boy lingered in my memories. How could I have let such a person get away?

I entered the school building groggily, and waited in my classroom without bothering to get my morning cup of coffee from the teacher's lounge like my colleagues. "I wasn't in the mood to be awake, anyhow," I told myself. The bell rang, and in walked the mysterious boy, surrounded (of course) by a bunch of his male peers.

At first, I was struck with a sudden joy. He had returned to my life! Then, reality struck. I had slept with a student, and a minor. I had broken the law. I also felt a tad like a stalker. I could only imagine the look of horror on his face, but when I looked up, he only laughed, chuckling with his friends. One of them pointed in my direction. They were, I realized... making fun of me? My heart broke to pieces.

For the rest of that semester, I graded the boy (his name, of course was Romeo) down on every assignment. He would look at me with the same confused features that he always did. I wondered if he remembered me, so often that it drove me crazy. The next homework assignment he turned in, I wrote a letter on the back.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dear Romeo,

Please stop going to clubs. Please stop sleeping with your future teachers. It's not good for your health. Use protection.

-Mr. J

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

His face turned crimson, He realized he had finally been caught. He didn't dare show it to his friends. No, he was quarterback of an all-boys school that looked down on homosexuality. If they were ever to find out... He looked at me sadly. My heart felt for him. I wrote him more letters.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dear Romeo,

I wrote that letter out of hurt. I would never tell a soul.

-Mr. J

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

And then letters for no reason, slipped into his hand on his way out from class.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dear Romeo,

Today the sun was shining almost as brightly as your smile.

-Mr. J

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I was in love again. I don't know if I even cared if I was found out harboring feelings for a student. Then, one day, he came into my classroom after school. He kissed me, begging me to take me home with him, saying that he needed me; wanted me inside him. I did. Once again, I pictured him staying forever. He left in the morning, while I was asleep. It was the second time he had broken my heart in two. He asked me to sleep with him again just last night. How could I refuse?