Telephone

oo1

I don’t want to believe that he’s that distant. I don’t want to believe that we’ll never be more than just friends but maybe that’s all we’ll ever be but then again, maybe we can be more than that. But lies seem to spring up in every moment and they’re the only truth that I want to believe. But sometimes, I have to go back to the real truth and face reality; no matter how much I struggle turning my back from it.

‘And then I went out the cinema screaming my ass out,’ he chortled under his breath. I grasped the phone closer against my ear and smiled as if he could see me doing it. It has been like this every night, we’d talk and talk for hours here on the phone. Every night would be fun and full of laughs but sometimes fun isn’t enough to keep the conversation coming. And our fun is starting to deteriorate.

‘Hey, you okay?’ he asked, bringing me back from my thoughts, ‘You don’t seem like yourself today, what happened love?’

I smiled again, although he can’t see it, he still makes me do it, knowing that he cares, ‘I’m fine, there’s just a lot of drama going on in school lately, I guess I’m kind of affected,’

He sighed; his breath heard on the line, ‘Do you want to rest? I bet you’re dead tired,’ he suggested, obvious that he doesn’t want to end the whole thing but was also pretty obvious that he was concerned, ‘Really, just tell me if you are, ‘tis fine love,’

I yawned while I covered the phone. I was kind of sleepy but I didn’t want to sleep yet. I don’t want to stop talking to him but what are we supposed to talk about? All we ever talk about are just about cookies, bookmarks, exams, poems, aliens and there’s just nothing that goes deeper beyond that.

‘Love, you still awake?’

‘Yeah,’ I replied, interrupted from my contemplating, ‘I’m not that sleepy yet,’ obviously it was a lie.

He paused for a moment, his breathing was just heard for a while, ‘Are you sure?’ he
whispered, ‘I don’t want you to keep on phoning me when you want to have your beauty sleep,’

I sighed, ‘No big deal, it’s okay,’

And that statement triggered more useless topics that went on for more hours. Then the time came where he didn’t have anything to say and he was left with being silent. Both of us were. And that’s when I knew he slept again on the phone. I turned my head to my other side, staring blankly at my glow-in-the-dark light.

I listened to his on-going breathing and I giggled every time he’d snore once or twice. That’s when I thought of telling him right here, right now about how I felt. How everything I feel inside needs to come out soon or else I’m going to break. I always wanted to tell him how I felt about everything, other than talk about caps and pencils. I want to talk about us, and not them.

‘Hey?’ making sure that he’s asleep. I paused, and his constant breathing didn’t stop so I was pretty sure he was deep in slumber.

Here’s what I said:

‘Do you know how it feels like talking to you for almost every night and then always keeping everything I feel inside and not being able to tell it to other, especially you? Do you know how long I always wait beside the phone before you text that you’re going to call? Do you know how many poems I wrote about you? How many times I post statuses all about you? Do you know how many times I look at your profile in one day? Did you know that I write your name on my hand almost every time I am holding a pen? Do you know that I think about you before I sleep and the moment I open my eyes in the early morning? You may not even know that I save your messages in my cell and that I saved some of you rpictures in my computer. Ha, believe it or not, I even have a long list of things to talk about so that we won’t stop talking,’ I paused, ‘but it always comes to an end though, no matter how hard I try it always does,’

I breathed, ‘And do you know how long I’ve liked you? Ever since the time I saw you in that stupid parade with AJ and the moment I peeked under your cap, that was when Cupid hit me aimlessly. I couldn’t be any happier, I just hope Cupid also had the guts to hit you with the same arrow like mine,’ I said, ending this whole shit, ‘Don’t worry, after this, I’ll forget about what I feel and we’ll talk about pencils, good night love,’ then it’s over.

I cried that night; the moment I clicked the button. The kind of cry with no purpose and I was starting to get all mushy all over him and it wasn’t reasonable. I had to stop, but I did stop eventually, the moment I fell asleep. That’s when I did.

The second I woke up, I thought of him. I found it stupid to be thinking about him so early that morning but whatever. I still was. I turned to my right and watched my phone flicker it’s light and vibrate on my bed.

ONE TEXT MESSAGE FROM LOVE.

I smiled as I grabbed my phone and laid on my back. I clicked the open button, but last night isn’t that easy to forget.

Goodmirning Sunshine

I replied:

Goodmorning to you too.

I yawned, tucking my head between my pillows as I laid my cell phone upon my tummy. I waited then I felt a vibration from my phone. Excited, I pressed it.

So, are you going to save this message too? :D