Sequel: Voices

Life After You

1/1

Jack was sat watching the TV with Zack and Rian it was just a normal day for jack and the boys only thing is Alex wasn’t around anymore and that made Jack feel empty even after five months of Alex being gone he felt sad lonely and empty. It was 3:00pm in the afternoon Jack got up from his seat ‘where are you going Jack?’ Rian asked looking up from the TV and towards Jack ‘I’m going out I want to go see Alex’ he replied as he felt a tear roll down his face ‘we’ll come with you’ Rian replied looking at Zack. ‘No don’t I just I want be on my own’ Jack replied as he grabbed his car keys from the side of the table.

Jack walked out the front door and towards his car as he got in; he buckled up and started the engine and drove out the drive way and he soon found himself driving towards the cemetery where Alex was buried; Jack never thought in his entire life time that he would going to his best friends grave not ever. As Jack carried on driving down the road he felt tears falling from his eyes it wasn’t long till he pulled up outside the cemetery and parking his car. He took a walk toward Alex grave. He sat down in front of it he felt tears rolling down his face as he sat and remembered what happened that night.

The night Alex died

Jack was walking out of a club with Alex holding hands and lacing their fingers together Jack was happy Alex was his world and Alex was Jack’s world everything they did together felt right it felt perfect they decided to take the short cut home and walked down the alley way ‘what’s that noise?’ Jack whispered as he heard noises in the distances. ‘I don’t know probable a rat or something where be fine babe don’t worry we always take this short cut’ Alex said to reassure him Jack nodded and gripped tighter on Alex hand Jack had to admit that every time they took this short cut he was scared shitless.

‘let’s turn back’ Jack said as he looked at Alex ‘trust me Jack nothing will happen’ Alex replied smiling at Jack, as they got closer the nose they heard before begun to get clearer Jack was now hold really tight on Alex’s hand ‘babe your hurting my hand’ Alex said as he let go of Jack’s. As soon as Alex let go of Jack’s hand Jack saw a figure in the distance ‘Lexi I’m scared now let’s turn back and take the long way home’ Jack said pulling on Alex hand and leading him to go the other way but Alex refused ‘Jack we’re half way there nothing will happen’ just then a gunshot was heard Jack jumped ten feet.

As he did he saw Alex falling to the ground Jack’s eyes widened at the sight Alex was in he couldn’t move or even breath he felt he was frozen in that spot. Jack felt his eye stinging with tears he ran over to Alex who was now lying on the floor blooded and gasping to breaths. Jack knelt down in front of him. Jack shaking he didn’t see who did it nor could run after the person. He got a hold of Alex and cradled him Jack felt more and more tears rolling down his face ‘J-Jack I-I love you’ Alex tried to say.

Jack felt numb he couldn’t do anything beside hold Alex in his arms and make him feel comfy by the time it had all happened it was too late to call an ambulance ‘I love you’ Jack replied as he leant in and kissed Alex gently on the lips as tears rolled down his face. ‘D-d-don’t cry’ Alex tried to speak it was hard for Jack not to cry his best friend the boy he loved was dying in his arms and there was nothing he could do. ‘I love you’ Alex said rite before his eyes closed and at that point Jack knew he was gone. Jack managed to call Zack and Rian to come and pick him up from the hospital.


~
Jack wasn’t in the best state and hasn’t been for the last five months since Alex was gone he’d been visiting Alex grave a lot and spending more time there than he has been with Zack and Rian. Zack was always there for Jack; the night of Alex funeral Zack and Jack had their first kiss and fell in love but Jack felt guilty because he still loves Alex with a passion.

After Jack had spent some time with Alex at the cemetery he stood up and as he did he felt something cold on his check he moved his hand and felt his check it was still cold ‘I love you Jack’ a voice whispered in his ear; Jack turned round and saw no one in sight it was just him. ‘I’ll be watching over you’ the voice said again Jack shuddered and felt his body tremble when he heard it he took in a deep breath ‘I love you Lexi’ Jack whispered as he started to walk towards his car and back home.

As soon as Jack got indoor he went up to Zack who was in the kitchen making a drink Jack walked up behind him and put his arms round his waist ‘I love you’ Jack said to Zack turned round in Jack grasp ‘I love you too are you ok?’ Zack asked concerned ‘I’m fine’ Jack replied and place his lips on to Zack's and they both shared a loving kiss.