A Beautiful Tragedy.

I can't find the words to tell you.

Tom's POV.

I was past angry. I was past upset. I didn't even know how I was feeling. Markie tried running past me to get to Aimee, but I stopped him. She needed to be left alone.

"My fucking girlfriend?!" I screamed in his face. "I thought we were friends, Markie. Aimee, how the fuck could you do that to someone like her? She's the best damn thing you'll ever have and you just ruined that. You're scum, Mark. Fucking scum."

Alison came out the room, tears streaming down her face. I knew it wouldn't be long until the waterworks started. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't even move. I just stared at her, wondering how she could do this to someone she was supposed to love. One look, and I forgot everything I ever saw in her. I just saw some evil, lying bitch. She started walking towards me, but I stopped her.

"I'm, I'm r-really so-sorry Tom. I do-don't know w-why I di-" She started before I cut her off.

"No. Save the bullshit, Alison. Do you really expect me to believe a word that comes out of your mouth after this? I hope the stupid fuck was worth it, I really do. I can't believe I ever loved you." I almost whispered.

I ran out of the house and down the street, to the park I knew Aimee would be at. When I got there, she was sat on a swing, tears running down her face. Kneeling down in front of her, I just hugged her. We were there for what felt like hours, before she spoke. Her tears had long stopped, but her voice was cracked from the long silence.

"You know, it makes sense now. Every time Mark and Alison had to 'be with their family' or were 'busy'. They were together. It wasn't just one fuck, was it? It's been months." I thought about what she said and realised she was right. They'd been lying for so long.

Aimee's POV.

"We don't need them. We don't deserve that." I heard Tom whisper as he kept his arms around me. It took me so long to reply. I was so numb. I'd stopped being upset and angry. I'd stopped feeling anything.

"I know." I replied. I saw Mark walk onto the park and make his way over. I knew I had to say something. I stood up, walking up to him. The first thing I did shocked me. I punched him.

"You know, I actually thought you loved me. I thought I loved you. I can see past that now though. I can see the lying bastard you actually are. I don't feel anything for you, Mark. You're dead to me." I said monotonously.

He just nodded and walked out of the park. Tom walked over, putting his arms round me again.

"I don't see how anybody would want someone else if they had you, Aimee. You're perfect." He said out of nowhere. I looked up at him.

"How do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, you're beautiful. I mean, really beautiful. You're funny, yet you always help everyone with their problems. You're so sweet, and you're cute as hell. You're perfect." He replied as though it was the simplest, and most obvious, thing in the world.

I thought about what he said for a while. I knew at that moment I had a chance to take, and I wanted more than anything to take it. So I did. I kissed him.

It was breathtaking. It made me feel something, something I never felt with Mark. I couldn't work out what it was, but I loved it. All too soon though, Tom pulled away.

"Are you sure you want this?" He asked. One look gave him the answer, and he kissed me again. It felt right. A part of me said I shouldn't be doing this, but at the same time I was so sure this is what I wanted. It is what I wanted.

It was perfection.