Miss Clean South

four.

Etiquette classes were held at the church down the street from Demetria's home, she attended each and every lesson and paid attention. While all the other girls sat with bored looks on their faces Demetria was anxiously keeping notes in her young mind. You weren't a proper lady unless you attended the class, that's what everyone told her. The young girl's dream was to be the perfect wife, the perfect lady, the perfect Southern Belle. She'd be tall like her momma with a perfect body and she'd have the best manners out there. Any man would be lucky to marry her.

Table manners were about as easy as a spelling class, which Demetria was very good at, she aced those classes and already had her certificate. Social skills were just as easy for her, she was a very bright girl that had no trouble starting up a conversation. Although she was having a bit of trouble with the amount of rambling she did. She got excited very easily and said so much in so little time that many people asked the girl to repeat herself. Lou Ann had scolded her for it many times, it was incredibly embarrassing when Demetria did it at the market or during bible study. She didn't want to know what she was like during school.

Class ended at one thirty PM, all the girls had been picked up by their mothers, the only reason they insisted to pick up their little girls were so they could brag to the other mothers about how good their daughter was doing. The girls would just stand by the mothers and stay quiet, they all knew better then to say anything.

Charlotte stood with her younger sister calmly waiting for her mother to stop boasting about how well they were doing in class. "How's Demetria little problem doing?" Mrs. Alexander asked with a smug smile on her face. "Last I heard she couldn't control that little motor mouth of hers."

It was quiet for a moment, all three Whitaker females were bright red in the face, Demetria's from embarrassment and he sister's and her mother's from anger. Lou Ann ran her tongue over her teeth before plucking a small piece of paper from Mrs. Alexander's hand. "On second thought, Edna, I think you better find your own peach cobbler recipe. C'mon girls." With the paper in hand, Lou Ann huffed and took her daughters and walked away from a very shocked Mrs. Alexander. She was going to use that recipe to impress her in laws this weekend. No one made a better peach cobbler then Lou Ann.

Demetria was trying her best to not cry as they walked away, her lower lip trembled and her glass eyes were tearing up. She couldn't let Mrs. Alexander get to her. Charlotte looked down at her little sister, the poor girl looked so ashamed. Her legs stopped moving. Lou Ann looked down at her little girls, anxious as to what he older daughter would say.

"Demetria Whitaker," Charlotte said sternly, "Don't let that bat get to you. She's just a grouchy woman that's just jealous her daughter wont ever be half the woman you're growing to be."

It was at that moment that Demetria broke down, she wrapped her arms tightly around her sister and sobbed into her pale blue dress. Charlotte hugged her sister just as tight and buried her face in the golden curls. "Don't cry," she whispered.

Lou Ann felt her heart swell at the sight, her daughters bickered back and forth constantly but it was such a beautiful sight to see. Her only regrets were that her husband wasn't here to see how mature Charlotte truly was. She didn't even worry about her skirt as she crouched down to their height and embraced her girls. "Lets go home babies, I'll make you some apple fritters."
♠ ♠ ♠
Miss me? Hey guys, I've been having loads of problem recently and I just got my internet back. This is short, a filler really, but expect more updates within the next couple weeks. :)