Sequel: Powerplay
Status: Done! Check out the SEQUEL! It's called Powerplay.

Don't Stop Believin'

So Karma Really Is a Bitch

[Chapter 5]
[Alicia's POV]

I woke up to a slightly pissed off Drew Miller. "What the hell got into you at that club?! What were you thinking! She could have gone to the hospital!"

I was scared from him yelling so I backed away. He grabbed my arm and yelled at me more. I pushed him away from me and tried to run out of the condo, but he caught me and threw me at the wall. My head throbbed. I tried to make a run for it again, but he pushed me down the stairs. I felt a warm liquid run down my face; blood. "Not so tough now huh, bitch?!" He kicked me.

I started crying; he laughed. "Hurting you brings me happiness." He started kicking me repeatedly.

He stopped when he thought I was unconscious. I heard him call his coach to say that he wasn't going to go to practice. I decided to take advantage of the long phone call. I got up and limped to the door, being as quiet as possible. When I got out of the condo and down to the main floor, I ran as fast as possible to a taxi. The driver dropped me off at my destination, the Joe Louis Arena.

I limped to the building and got to the door. That's as far as I got before I felt myself fall and everything went black.

I awoke to beeping. I opened my eyes and saw machines all around me. "Alicia?" I flung my head to the side to see who called my name. Bad move; it sent intense pain through my neck. I whmpered in response to said pain. I saw a big red blur running at me. I squeezed my eyelids shut tight, anticipating the pain that I was going to feel. When I felt no impact, I opened my eyes. The only thing I was was a 5'11" man with reddish-brown hair and a bright red shirt; Henrik Zetterberg.

"I find you in front of door to arena. You bleeding and passed out. I bring you to hospital." He cupped my face with his big calloused hands. "You okay, pretty girl?" I nodded in response, though I was far from okay. He laughed, a rich, hearty laugh. "Liar." He smiled. I returned his smile with a smirk. "I Henrik Zetterberg. Please call Hank." His Swedish accent was like music to my ears.

"Alicia Argeneau. Call me whatever." I let out a weak smile.

"Who hurt you?"

"How you know it was person? Maybe I clumsy."

"I see heels you wear yesterday. You walk like you wear no shoe. I see shoe print all over stomach. Guy hurt you. Who?"

"Can not say. He do more damage to me. I scared."

"I call Pavel. He keep us company." Before I could protest, Hank was out the door and calling Pavel Datsyuk. This should be fun considering that I beat the living hell out of his girlfriend last night. Well... His date. He probably hates me. I'll have to apologize to him. He better not bring 'her' here.

When Henrik came back in the room, we cuddled and watched the Rangers play the Capitals. I was drooling over Ovechkin, Staal, and Gaborik. Hank seemed to notice since he suddenly pressed his lips to mine. It was like fireworks! He pulled away quickly due to the door slamming into the wall.

In walked Pavel Datsyuk and his ugly Italian bitch. I scowled. Hank shot me an 'I'm sorry' look. I turned my focus back to the tv. Hank greeted Pavel.

"Sorry, Pavel, for appeasing my anger."

Pavel smiled and hugged me. "I forgive beautiful Alicia."

Hank and I smiled. "We go get girl Caribou Coffee. What want, Alicia?"

"Caramel cooler please. Thank you, Henrik." He nodded and smiled.

Pavel glanced over to Bella. "What want Bella?"

"Dark chocolate mocha cooler please." Pavel nodded.

I made a look of disgust. Hank noticed and chuckled. Bella glared at us both. Hank kissed me lightly. "We be back soon." With that said, he left.

Now I was stuck alone in a hospital room with the Italian bitch.

Right on cue, she starts with the insults. "You got your ass beat."

I glared. "Fuck off."

"Was it one of your clients? You charging too much?" She smirked.

"I whoop you ass with broken wrist and ankle. If not strap on table like animal." I snarled.

"Lets see you try."

I tried to get up. "Fucking bitch!"

She laughed at my attempts.

Little did she know, I was loosening the hold the bed had on me. It was loosening fast. "You're a dumb little puck bunny. Sleeping with all of the hockey players you can. You have a variety; anyone from high school through the NHL."

"Je vais vous tuer!" (I'm going to kill you!) I had an intense rage surging through me. As soon as I broke out of the bed, Italian girl's eyes went wide in fear and the 2 Red Wing stars walked through the door. "Retenez-moi." (Restrain me.) I said through clenched teeth. Henrik didn't understand a word I said, but by the looks of me at that moment and my tone of voice, he got the picture and reacted as quick as I hoped for.

He held me loosely, but tight enough that if I moved, his arm would put pressure against me, causing me pain. I was furious. Hank handed me my coffee. "Drink, beautiful Alicia." I started to drink my coffee.

"Where you coffee?"

"I finish on way here." Hank smiled at me. I smiled back at him and kept drinking my coffee.

Pavel hugged me and said goodbye.

He left, taking that bitch home with him. She was lucky that Henrik came through the door at that moment and that I had that much self control at that moment. Henrik managed to calm me down and coax me into laying back down. I fell asleep in Henrik's arms.

I suffered as my memories took over and began replaying as a nightmare. I was scared as shit, but I had no way out. I was stuck in that nightmare until Henrik would wake me up... If he even decides to try.