Sequel: Into Your Arms
Status: completed. sequel up!

Jasey Rae

tententen

"JASEY RAE! Wake up, birthday girl!"

I groaned loudly. Jack's screaming was not what I wanted to wake up to. But, since it was my birthday, I put on a happy face and got up. Jack was on my bed, grinning from ear to ear as he held a chocolate cupcake in his hand, a single lit candle sticking out of the top. I smiled as he started singing 'Happy Birthday.'

"Make a wish, Jasey Rae!"

I bit my lip, trying to think up a wish. I wish everything would go back to the way it was before. I blew out the candle, causing Jack to cheer. "Thanks, Jack."

"Happy birthday, Jase. I love you." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and fled to his room, saying he'd be right back with my gift. Once he came back, he sat on my bed with a large box wrapped up in his hands. "Here's Part 1 of your gift."

I grinned, thanking him quietly as I ripped off the wrapping paper. Gasping, I looked up at Jack. "Fuck yeah! My potato gun! And a Nerf gun!"

Jack nodded excitedly, saying he had one of each too and that we would have a war after school.

I don't know the exact reason why I wanted a potato gun. I mean, it was just a piece of plastic shaped in the form of a gun, and you pushed down on a potato with the end of the gun and shot chunks of potatoes at people. To many people, it didn't seem like a lot of fun. But to me, that could entertain me for days straight, so long as I had enough potatoes.

The Nerf gun is just an added bonus. I mean, who doesn't love shooting darts at people?

After Jack's parents had wished me a happy birthday and told me they'd give me my present later, Jack ordered for me to go get ready and that he had already picked out my outfit for the day. Although I was kind of weary on that statement, I went upstairs and got ready.

When I looked at the clothes stacked on the bed neatly, I smiled. Jack actually had good taste, considering his usual t-shirt and ripped jeans attire. But whatever, as long as I looked descent enough to go out in public, I didn't care who picked out my outfit.

After getting ready and deciding that it was one of those 'really good hair days' for myself, I grabbed my book bag and started to go to the school with Jack.

On the way there, my phone had blown up with about fifty messages all from different people. Many of them were texts from my friends at Dulaney and some from Chicago, but the majority of both the calls and the text messages were from my friends back in Chicago.

A few people called at midnight, leaving endless voicemails wishing me a happy birthday and that they loved me. I smiled to myself, happy that my friends loved me. Rian and Zack each left a voicemail of their own, telling me a happy birthday, that they loved me, and that they would see me later.

Numerous people yelled out 'Happy Birthday, Hayley!' in the hallways when Jack and I got to school. It was mainly upperclassman, but some sophmores and freshmen I knew had also wished me a happy birthday. A lot of people gave me hugs, which I gladly returned each since I love hugs. Overall, it was a good way to start the morning.

"HAYLEY JOHNSON! Happy birthday, Chicago!"

I let out a light laugh, thanking Rian by giving him a tight hug. "Thanks, Rian."

"You doing anything special tomorrow night?" He had a certain look in his dark brown eyes. A look as if to say he knew what was happening tomorrow night. But I shook it off, deciding that he'll never tell me, even if I begged, so I just went with it.

I shrugged, my eyes flicking over to Jack for a second before looking back at Rian. "I don't know. I think Jack has something planned for me."

"I'll give you your present later, okay?" He smiled his bright, bright smile at me-one I adored-and I nodded, thanking him quickly as Jack grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

"Hayley!"

I looked up quickly, smiling once I recognized the voice that had called out my name. His black hair poked above other people's heads since he was so tall, causing me to laugh lightly. "Jack! Hold on! Someone is calling me!" I pulled on his hand, causing him to stop and look at me weirdly.

"Who's calling you-" Jack began, looking around for someone to be calling out for me.

"Hayley!"

I looked over again, smiling widely as Sam finally got up to me. He wrapped his arms around me, twirling around me as his lips connected to my cheek. "Hey, Sam!"

"Hey, Hays. Happy birthday!" He grinned, giving me another kiss on the cheek. "You look really pretty today, by the way. Well, more than usual."

A blush crept up on my face, my smile never leaving my face. "Thanks. You're too sweet to me."

His lips connected with mine for a few seconds, sending sparks through my body before he pulled back. His perfect smile was tugging at his lips. "Only to you, babe." He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers, causing me to smile even wider.

"Chicago! Come on! I'm bored! Let's go find people to talk-" Jack was cut off by the bell ringing, which caused all the people around us to react quickly and start to make their ways to class.

After saying a quick goodbye to Sam and telling him I'd see him later, I walked a little faster to catch up with Jack before he pulled my arm off by pulling me.

The day went like that basically. After they had announced that it was my birthday over the intercom, it caused more and more people to wish me a happy birthday. Or a 'have a fucking awesome birthday, Hayley!' from some kids. Which I didn't mind, it was hilarious when they shouted it out in front of the teachers, but the teachers didn't do anything about it because they had a soft spot for when it came to some of the students.

So after my last class, I told Jack I'd wait for him in the library since he had three more classes left and I didn't want to walk to his house because I was too lazy. He merely smiled his huge smile and nodded, telling me I'd see him later.

I decided to walk Jack to his next class since I was going to be bored, and he happily accepted, going off about something funny that happened in class today. I listened, nodding in the right places and laughing when he laughed. I wasn't really paying close attention.

"So then she-"

"Hayley!"

Jack and I looked up to see Sam and his whole football team behind him, smiles on each of their faces. "What's going on, Sam?"

He only grinned. "I told you there was going to be a surprise when you came to school, didn't I?" He and his team were all in rows, their hands at the bottoms of their t-shirts. "Ready, guys? One, two, three...Go!"

"H-"

"A-"

"P-"

The letters went on and on, the boys spelling out 'Happy seventeenth birthday, Hayley!' as they lifted their shirts up. My jaw was dropped, my smile as wide as it could go.

"Happy seventeenth birthday, Hayley!" They chorused, grinning widely.

"Oh my God!" I yelled happily. "Ahw! Thank you so much you guys!" I ran over to them, giving them each a tight hug, thanking them as they wished me a happy birthday. I finally got to Sam, who then had cleared out the crowd that had gathered around to see what our star football players were doing.

"Well?" He grinned, stretching out his arms.

"That was...amazing. Thank you so, so much." I smiled, giving him a kiss. He chuckled, causing me to smile wider.

"Anything for you, Hays."

[jaseyrae]

"Well, I didn't get you the whole football team to put happy birthday on their stomachs for you." Jack said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I smiled widely. "No, but that doesn't matter. I'm sure whatever you got is just as amazing. Besides, you did get me my potato gun and a nerf gun. I think that’s pretty amazing."

He shrugged, getting more nervous for some reason. "O-Okay, but if you-you don't like it, you can always just sell them to someone." He mumbled, turned around and turned back with a small, thin box with a purple ribbon on it. "Part 2 of your gift, Jasey. Part 3 is tomorrow. Happy birthday."

I smiled, taking it and lifting the top quickly. As my eyes landed on the two, long strips of thick paper, I almost fainted. "Jack...you didn't...." I lifted one up, my hands shaking a little as I read the name of the band that the tickets were for. I screamed. "Jack! Blink 182 tickets?!"

"You wanted them, didn't you? I know how much you love them-"

"Jack, this...this is the best gift anyone has ever given me." I said, putting the ticket back and putting the top back on. "I don't know how to thank you enough." I smiled, tackling him in a hug, causing us to fall back on the bed.

He laughed, wrapping his gangly arms around my torso. "You're welcome, Jasey Rae. I’m glad you like them."

I sat up, straddling his waist as he stayed lying down. His dark brown eyes looked up at me. "Come with me."

"Huh?"

"To the concert. I want you to have the other ticket."

His smile seemed to be wider than his face and his eyes were as bright as the sun. He looked like a kid in the candy store. "I love you so much, Jasey Rae Scott."

"I love you too, Jack Bassam Barakat. You're my best friend."

[jaseyrae]

"Mom? Jake? I'm here!"

I poked my head through the front door, trying to see if anyone was home or not. I stepped in, shutting the door behind me quietly. Why isn't anyone home? "Mom?"

"In here, birthday girl!"

I smiled, heading towards the kitchen where my mom's voice had come from. Since it was my birthday, I had decided to let bygones be bygones and forget about the whole fight for now. I mean, she knows she can't control who my friends are, so she'll just have to live with it. And since it's only me here, it made everything better. Apparently, Mom had forgotten about the fight too.

When I walked in the kitchen, Mom was cooking dinner on the stove. It smelled like apple pie mainly, sloppy joe's, and tater tots. She was making my favorite dinner.

"Where's Nina?"

"I let her have them all have the night off since it was a special occasion. They said they'll celebrate your birthday tomorrow. Besides, I know how much you love it when I make my sloppy joe's and tater tots." She smiled, turning the fire on low. Mom refuses to get an electric stove because she says they never work as well as the gas ones. She turned around, opening her arms and closing them around my body. "Happy birthday, honey."

"Thanks, Mom." I smiled, hugging her back just as tightly. And for the first time since Dad left, she was actually paying attention to me. She was actually loving me....

"Jasey Rae! Happy seventeenth birthday!"

I grinned, giving my little brother a hug as I messed up his auburn hair. He swatted my hand away like he always does. "Thanks, punk."

"You'll love my gift." He grinned.

I gave him a light smile. "I'm sure I will. I always do." Which is definitely true. I always love Jake's gifts. He always knows what to get me. On year, he got me an electric guitar, and then the next year he gave me this really expensive art kit. I have no idea where this kid gets hid money. "Dinner is ready!" I heard my mom say.

"Mom, that was delicious, really." My stomach wanted to explode after eating that last piece of apple pie. Instead of cake I always have apple pie since I love pie way better. We were just going to have a small cake when we celebrated with Nina, George, and Martin.

"Thanks, sweetie." She smiled, taking up the last plate and putting it in the kitchen. "Present time! Then your father should be getting in at about seven."

I froze. My father. Dad. He was coming in. For my birthday. For me. I had completely forgotten about him. My hands started to shake. "G-Great."

Mom saw my nervousness and gave me a reassuring smile. "Everything is going to be back to normal, Jasey Rae. I promise."

"Happy birthday, Jasey Rae!" Mom and Jake chorused as they brought out a large rectangular thing. It was wrapped in wrapping paper. "This is from both of us."

I grinned uneasily, trying to figure out what it was. It could have been anything really. "What is it?"

"Well, open it up and see!"

I chewed on my lip, slowly walking over to the large box looking thing, and started to peel of the paper. As I tore off a piece, I looked at what it was. It was a cage.... "A cage?"

"Just keep going." My mom smirked, obviously knowing something I didn't know.

I ripped off a big piece, looking quickly to see what this was. I gasped loudly. Standing right in the middle of the cage was a small, whiteish-brown fur, and piercing ice blue eyes, Siberian Husky puppy. My jaw was practically down to the floor. "You didn't!"

"He's just born. Only about three and a half weeks." My mother explained, smiling. She opened the little latch of the cage door and the small dog practically sprinted into her open arms. We all laughed as she stood up and handed over the small puppy that was wiggling in her arms. "I saw him in the pet place when Jake and I were shopping. You know, the one with all the new borns? We were just going to look around. But the minute I saw his eyes, I just couldn't pass him up. I knew he was yours."

The puppy constantly licked my face the second he was in my arms, causing him to laugh. I set him down since he was wiggling so much.

We played with the puppy for a while, laughing at how energetic he was.

We never had a dog before. Dad was allergic to them, so he banned pets from the house, even fish. Which was terrible when Jake and I were growing up, but had gotten used to it. The only pets we had were rocks, which were pretty awesome. Made them ourselves. I named mine Timmy.

"Mom, this is so amazing. Thank you so much." I smiled, looking over at her. I got up as she did too. I wrapped my arms around her tiny torso, feeling her do the same. I held on tightly, savoring the moment. I know it's cheesy to say this hug brought tears to my eyes, but oh well. I haven't hugged my mom in three years, ever since my dad left.

"You're welcome, Jasey Rae."

[jaseyrae]

"Your father should be here in a few minutes. He said he was going to be here at eight."

I took a deep breath, my eyes glued to the front door. The one door my father was going to take his fist and knock on the door, and my mom would go and open it. They were going to exchange hellos, and Mom was going to let him in and he was going to set his bag down. Jake was going to run over to him and give him a bug hug, and they'd tell each other they missed one another. And then finally he would see me, and we'd both stare each other for what seemed like three years. And then we'd say hello to each other and we'd talk and talk about what happened past the three years, and about the day he left. And then everything would be better. All because he took a step in the door.

I continued to stare at the door, the minutes passing by quickly.

I bit my lip, my hands starting to shake. The seconds were ticking by and my father was about to walk through that door any minute. My heart started to beat a little faster; the thought of seeing my dad after three years was making my stomach turn.

What if he doesn’t like me still? What if he still hates me? What if he calls me stupid again? What if he leaves again?

Ten minutes passed. I was starting to get more and more nervous. What if he doesn’t show?

“I’m sure he’s just running a little late.”

I gave my mother a small smile with a matching nod, grateful for the little bit of hope in her voice to give me some encouragement. Even though she’s blamed me for everything and knows that I’ve hated this man that are waiting for, she still knows that I’m nervous about everything and she just wants everything to be right again.

Another fifteen minutes passed.

My hope was starting to falter quickly. He isn’t coming….

“I’ll go call him. He’s probably stuck in traffic. You know the crazy drivers here in Maryland.” My mother smiled smally, practically running over to the phone in the kitchen. But the frown on my face was still present. We know there aren’t many people in this town. Not enough to cause traffic to make you a half an hour late.

A few minutes passed before Mom came back in the room, her frown matching mine as she sat back on the couch. “He didn’t pick up. I presume he doesn’t like to use the phone when he’s driving.” She explained, giving me another hopeful smile. “He’ll be here, Jasey Rae. He promised.” I only looked at the small puppy that was sleeping soundly in my lap.

Seconds ticked by, turning in to minutes. Minutes turned into quarters of an hour, which then turned into full hours.

He was five hours late.

He isn’t coming.

I got up, doing my best to blink back the tears that were quickly forming in my blue eyes. I picked up the new leash that Jake and my mother had bought, latching it quickly to the sleeping puppy’s matching black collar. I took a look at Jake for a minute. His green eyes were sad, looking like he was just about to cry himself. “I’m going out.”

“Jasey, please-“

I shook my head, cutting off my mother. “Don’t wait up.” I started walking out the door, clutching the tiny dog in my arms as I felt the tears starting to fall slowly. “I’m so sorry, Jasey Rae-“ I heard my mother call out before I shut the door behind me.

My lips let out a small sob as I made my way down the sidewalk, not really care where I was going. I just let my feet do the guiding.

The town was very quiet, not a soul outside. You could hear a pin drop. Stray crickets were croaking along with the few frogs in people’s small gardens. The grayish-brown puppy was waking up, its head looking up at me and tiredly locked my chin before I set it down to let it walk itself. He stretched slowly, letting out a squeaky yawn for starting to walk along with me. I bit my lip, looking down at him as we walked. “What am I going to call you?” I asked quietly, trying to conjure up a name to match him. Nothing I came up with seemed to match his personality. I sighed, running a hand through my fire red hair. I didn’t exactly care if I didn’t have my disguise on right now. People could notice me for all I cared. But there wasn’t anyone outside for it didn’t matter. “Hm…how about…Lightning?” I looked down and he seemed unphased by the name. “Okay, that’s a no. Lancelot?” Still no response. “Nope. Rambo?” I looked down in time to see his ears perk up and look up at me. I grinned, bending down so I get to his level. “Rambo it is, buddy!” He continuously licked my face as I pet him. I sighed, patting his head and got up, continuing to walk. My mind kept coming back to the fact that my father didn’t show.

On my birthday even! I mean, who does that to their own daughter? How could he not come? He knew this was going to be a special occasion. He knew it was going to be a big deal when he walked through that goddamn door.

He knew this was possibility that we were all going to be a family again.

And he completely ruined it. And I officially hate him for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Attire.
holyy bejesus, i was about to cry myself when I wrote thatt, :(( i kinda don't like this chapterr. oh well.

Anyways, yeah. :) Did you like it? This one's about 3555 words, so a little longer than the last one. I was going to make Jack's Part 3 of his gift in this chapter, but i thought this was better. Do you think so? Tell me what you think?

Anyways, the comments, you guys, are seriously amazing<3 You have nooo idea how much they make my day. So when I see that I get more than three a chapter, it seriously makes my week. :) I was reading this one story on here, and this girl had gotten TWENTY comments, sometimes FOURTY a chapter! Like, HOLY CRAP!

There's 23 or 24 of you guys,. More than FOUR should be commenting. Seriously. If i don't get like, at least three different people commenting on this chapter, I won't update till two weeks from now. :| Just kidding, i'll prolly update this coming weekend, but i'd still really appreciate it if I got some more people commenting. But, for those who do comment, I love you<333

Anyways, comment/subscribe. Thanks (:

--Marley (: